Introductions

Ran

Greetings one and all.

My first post. Looking forward to meeting all of you like minded ASOIAF lovers. I have found myself with a great deal of free time and so I have been able to almost finish the series after a year of stops and starts and viewings of the HBO show. I'm hoping to have many varied discussions with you all from my lonely tower, with my dragon, Barney.

I lurked, but I guess I'm still part of the whole floob thing though, heh. Purty young, 17, started reading two episodes in to the series and finished feast before the first series finished, couldn't put the books down.

Can't say I'm too observant, I'm constantly derping at the things I've missed that you guys point out...

On that I guess I'll have to improve on, might read em all again...

Read The Hedge Knight ones so far, loved them, too...otherwise I'm a complete noob with books :(

I've only just gotten into reading, I guess...apart from the obvious I've read The First Law series and its spin offs and I'm currently reading The Dark Tower series (Up to Song, I think.) I should thank you guys again, think I saw these books in the recommendations threads :)

Aside from the books I'm a gamer and a total nerd, spend a good half of my life being an absolute tard with mates at college and the rest reading and gaming.

Doh, name's Sam!

Edited by Baby Gebus

Hey all, my display name is Dark Night Full of Ninjas ("The night is dark and full of ninjas" a quote from an awesome YouTube parody of the HBO GOT series). My real name is Terra.

I didn't even know this series existed until last year when Game of Thrones came out on HBO. Since then I've been hooked. I've not finished the book series yet, but I'm excited to see what unfolds after CoK.

A little about me. I'm not a huge, major gamer, and I don't read as often as I would like, but I love doing both and enjoy them quite thoroughly. I'll be going back to college this fall, after a 2 year hiatus, for nursing. This will be my 3rd year of college, first year of nursing. So. I'm pretty excited about that.

Some favorite books include the Harry Potter series, the Percy Jackson series, Heroes or Olympus series, and many more. I want to finish the ASOIAF series, and would like to get into Tolkein's work

Favorite games range from the Sims, to Elder Scrolls, to Zelda. Not a huge fan of the shooter games (i.e. Gears of War, Mass Effect, etc.)

I think thats about it for now. I'll cya guys around

Hello :) Yet another long time lurker who found the series because of the show and then found this forum in my quest to understand the books better. I'm Cynthia from British Columbia but was born in the States. My display name is a tip of the hat to my lurkiness....until I feel like I can contribute to threads I wanted to at least find some place to say thank you so much to everyone who has shed so much more light on the story. So here I am....and thank you very much :)

Hello

Have been on the forum dipping my toe in the water for a while and am now ready to take the plunge! Have read of 5 books and am so hooked! Am so glad that I found this forum, other friends are fans of the show and are reading the books, but not as enthusiastic about it as I am (or obsessed). I'm currently on my 1st re-read and still on GOT and am finding things that never noticed before. This forum is a great place to flesh out ideas and find answers to a lot of questions that I thought were all in my head.

Howdy everyone, though I would introduce myself. Have been hooked on asoiaf for a little while now and found this forum when GRRM referred to it in and interview. Love the site and really wanted a place to discussed theories and topics around asoiaf.

Hope to talk more with you guys in the near future. You can call me Scooby or Scoobs, lol.

Hey all, though I'd introduce myself, lest I be considered rude! I was introduced to the books by the series, that my boyfriend introduced me to. I've been itching for some fantastic fantasy, and this series had me hooked, because of the many fleshed out characters that you love to hate, hate to love. By the first two weeks I was already caught up to the third book, all read on buses. Yes, I spend a lot of my time on the bus. Now I'm on the fourth I MEAN FIFTH book, and I read mostly during work because work gets kind of boring. Meow.

This site is awesome, because while reading the books I keep missing things, little things. All of a sudden I'm like, wait, what?! Who be that? So this site fills some holes. Can't wait until I finish, so that I don't have to tread carefully not to be spoiled.

Hi everyone!

I'm from Mexico and I was introduced to ASOIAF through the tv show. I watched the first season and I absolutely love it so I decided to really get into it and read the books. I couldn't put them down until I was done.

I came into this forum because there are so many details (and sometime more than just details) that I kept missing while reading and I realized that the best way to solve all your doubts is by discussing them with other fans.

Hi!

My name is Henriette and I live in Norway. I'm 15 years old.

I love to gaming and reading, and also writing and listen to music.

Some of my favourite books include the Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings, the Percy Jackson series, The Hobbit, and of course A Song of Ice and Fire.

Some of my favourite games are Lord of the Rings Online, League of Legends and Assassins Creed.

That was a bit about me :D

Hello! My name is Missy. I've been lurking for a little while and finally made an account now that I've finished all five books.

I love the series, and hopefully the forums here will help me discover things about the books I never noticed for myself.

I don't watch the series though.

I'm excited to get to know everyone and have a great time! :>

Hello! Fredric Wertham here... trying to catch up with all your informative posts and getting a LOT out of the wiki of ice & fire.

Many thanks to Westeros for the excellent work on the research! I'm almost finished reading these highly-addictive books.

It's like reading a VASTLY expanded revision of Robert E. Howard's Conan books with considerably more subtext.

So far, the TV series has been uniformly excellent - and in many ways, much better than LoTR.

Looking FWD to the discussions...

Hello,

I'm a solid Sci-fi reader who always scorned fantasy until the HBO series. Finished all 5 books now!! I'm so glad that I didn't have to wait 6 years for ADwD. I just have to wait years for TWoW :D