Introductions

Ran

Hello everyone. I just want to say that I'm glad so many people appreciate this book series. While I didn't start reading it until after I saw Season 1 of Game of Thrones via my roommate's DVDs this year, I have been eating the books up ever since (with schoolwork suffering as a result...). I'm about to start A Dance With Dragons next week, and after that I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next installment.

The themes in the books, the subversion of fantasy tropes, the overwhelming mythical arc, the numerous sympathetic characters and viewpoints... I'm enthralled with George R. R. Martin!

-Gaius

Hi, I don't think I've introduced myself before, I've been here quite some time. :) I'm Tina and these days I've seriously upped my presence on these boards, which is the result of the nearing university exams :rolleyes: I think my escapism is making me into the biggest ASOIAF nerd there is (last year it was That 70's show).

Hello,

Name's GofTFan54012. I am a Canadian fan of the series and I am now hooked to it. The cast of the series is fantastic. My favorite actors on the show are Sean Bean (Lord Eddard 'Ned' Stark of Winterfell) and Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister of House Lannister). Just thought I would introduce myself and say hello.

Hello everybody!

Name's Harri, been a fan of the series since '06 when I read GoT and thought that this is the best thing to happen to fantasy literature since Bilbo found the One Ring. :P

Been lurking in the forum for a while, it's a pleasure to meet you all! ^_^

The name is Arwen Alexandra, maybe halfway during the first season i bought all of the books and fell in love with them immediately. Been a fan of Tolkien since i was 6-7 years old so fantasy is not new to me.

Other then fantasy im also into archaeology, history and music (metal).

Hello im callum never know what to put on this cause my spelling is not that strong so im scared ill look like an idiot but o'well that s just me. I'm nearly at the end of book one and im watching the show its my new thing (i was a twihard but since that ends this year i needed a new book) so yeah cant wait to talk to you all about all sorts of things.

Peace

Edited by Callum_S

Hello Fellow Westerosi and thank you for letting me part of your world. I love this site but I hate that I only have a limited number of likes.

I was turned on to AGOT by a friend and devoured all 5 books in a matter of months. I consider myself a passionate fan but not a knowledgeable one. My name is Ravenna and I live in California. I am studying to be a nurse. My dream is to own a direwolf one day.

I mostly come here to read all the theories and remember that I am normal for loving the books the way I do. I am the only person in my circle who is obsessed withe the books and the tv show. My friend who introduced me to the books lives in NYC so it's nice to have a site when I can share my opinions-- however crazy they may be.

Mostly, I love being educated by the fanbase. I found out about Dunk and Egg through this site so once again, thank you for having me!

Hello.

So, I wanted to say I feel bad for learning about these books so late. HBO introdoced me to them.

But don't worry, I read them all in two months (stupid school was interfering)

...and now I don't know what to do with my life.

So I'm ready for obsessive discussions.

Hi. I'm me, call me Saer, fairly obvious.

I had heard good things about this series (onlygood things, in fact) and thought for a while that they would be good books to read at some point. But it was only when I ran into some Sansa fans doing the best job ever of promoting her on this inter-fandom competition... thing... that I decided I had to read them. Got the first from a library, borrowed the second from my sister, bought the third in two parts, read half the fourth, read about half of the fifth, bought and finished the fourth, and a few days ago finished A Dance With Dragons. And somehow, in less than a month, these books have catapulted themselves into *Second Favourite Book Series Ever* position. And I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here*.

Allons-y! :D

*After the several years wait for the next books, I mean.

Hi. I'm me, call me Saer, fairly obvious.

I had heard good things about this series (onlygood things, in fact) and thought for a while that they would be good books to read at some point. But it was only when I ran into some Sansa fans doing the best job ever of promoting her on this inter-fandom competition... thing... that I decided I had to read them. Got the first from a library, borrowed the second from my sister, bought the third in two parts, read half the fourth, read about half of the fifth, bought and finished the fourth, and a few days ago finished A Dance With Dragons. And somehow, in less than a month, these books have catapulted themselves into *Second Favourite Book Series Ever* position. And I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here*.

Allons-y! :D

*After the several years wait for the next books, I mean.

What's your number one?

Hello, hello!

I just finished ADWD a few days ago and I'm now free to roam the internet as I please! This is the first place I came to. I started reading these books late last August. I followed along with GoT with the series, went through Clash of Kings and Storm in a matter of weeks--Crows took the longest, I had to break in between due to work and not having a whole lot of time to read. I finished up Crows and picked up A Dance with Dragons and I took my time. Knowing how long it took for the between the fourth and fifth book, I wanted to pace myself. So that whole book took me about a month to get through, reading only at night, much to my husband's dismay. He depsperately, though patiently, waited for me to finish so that we could chatter on about theories, spoilers, and just stuff that makes me RAGE. :)

I just love, LOVE, these books and they are currently my favorite series. I've never had a series make me feel as much as I've felt reading these--that sounds ridiculous but it's totally true! My heart has taken a beating over the last 6 or 7 months. GRRM sure knows how to make a girl want to curl up in the fetal position and sob for a few hours........ forget I said that, will ya? Waiting for the next book will be hard, but now that I have all of you guys here and with all the active discussion going on, I think the wait will be much easier. As if I didn't spend enough time on the internet. :)

Edited by Tarandor