Introductions

Ran

Hello, I am Sylvia, but everyone calls me Sylli. I live in Michigan, where winter is ALWAYS coming. I have recently gotten my friends hooked on the show, my new goal is to get them to read the books! I am stoked to find people I can discuss things with!

Hello,

I'm a fan from a small country somewhere at the end of the world. :) I love the book (I can't remember the last time I was so hooked on a novel). I'm not so entusiasthic about the film but I promise not to whine too much about it. :) I've come here because I'm re-reading the series and I just want to discuss it with other people (or at least read about their impressions).

Hey everyone :D I'm Caio

Last year my friend suggested the book series "Hey Caio, you should read it <described some of the story> they made a TV series adaptations too, it's great." Well, the next time I was in a book store I decided to get GoT, I was a bit confused at first (reading in English, lots of characters), but I easily got amazed by the story and I read the other four books in a row :lol: I started visiting the forums after reading A Dance with Dragons and read many interesting stuff... theories (the most likely and the crackpot ones haha), things I've missed and details I didn't remember.

Anyway, I'm from Brazil, 3rd year on engeneering uni (yeah I'm not crazy... yet :ack:) and a big football fan.

Welcome everyone. :)

Raja is correct about the spoilers - if they are the type of thing that you wish to avoid, the best advice is stick to the "Still Reading" threads. If spoilers do not worry you, have at it!

Hope you all enjoy the forums. :)

Hey everyone first post here, thought I would do so with a hello and all that. Read the first 5 and the dunk and egg books, waiting as patiently as possible for the next one to come out but Im not that patient lol so im doing a re read at the moment. Im amazed at how much I missed in the first book due to being a HBO watcher first (I skimmed a lot in order to get to the second). Hope to have some good conversations and share some meat and meade with you all.

So, apparently, I have gone and made random posts all over the site and then discovered the introduction topic :P Another blown away fan (Greek, FYI, so if there are any fellow Greeks around here come forth, my brethren, and let's nag about everything that's been happening in our country to the foreigners- but nah, let's not, really :P) of the books, the show and Martin's amazing talent at creating such a story with incredible characters. Also, ridiculously jealous that I'm never gonna be able to write anything like that in my life. Bah! :'(

Well... cheers! :D

Hello, phedre here, checking in from Alexandria, Virginia!

I read the first three books years ago, but stopped when I realized the series was turning into another Wheel of Time scenario. Figured I'd just wait until it was all finished and then read again from the beginning ...

But then, lo and behold, the TV show came out!!!

Now I think I'm developing a bit of an obsession :cool4: Haven't been this crazy about a TV show since Firefly, and haven't joined a fan-forum community since the Serenity boards died out.

So here I am :cheers:

Now if I can just figure out how to change my picture . . .

Hello, new member here (obviously). I just finished reading A Dance With Dragons yesterday, and figured I'd commemorate by joining up.

I loved all the books, but I haven't seen the show (and kinda don't want to). But yeah, I'm kind of obsessed as well...I'm already thinking about when to start my re-reading...

Hey everyone!!! My name's Samantha. I'm a mother and a wife. I love GoT, but I have yet to read the books (((I know I'm horrible, but I just haven't had the finances to buy them unfortunately))). I have read plenty of FF though lol so I have an idea of what may, or may not, happen to certain characters. I know not the same. Anyways I love to read and write, so once I've actually read the books, don't be surprised if I've dipped into the FF writing for GoT. Glad I found this site and I hope to make friends soon.

Oh...here's the Intro thread. Hi everyone. I am posting this as I sit in my room at McMurdo Station, Ross Island, Antarctica, where winter is NEVER coming...because it's always here! Technically it is winter now, so it's dark all the time (the sun set in April and won't be up again until August). This is my second winter on the Ice. I love it, though it is much more Ice Planet Hoth than Beyond The Wall.

I miss trees. :frown5:

I've read the first four books and have watched season one and all of season two except for the finale. Fave characters are The Hound, Arya, Bronn and Brienne. I started reading the books (and then watching the show) because I had so many friends who told me GRRM's stories reminded them of mine (I write fantasy and dark historical fiction...my avatar is a crop of the cover illustration I did for my novel, Plaguewalker...yeah, I picked that as my username cuz all the good GoT-themed ones were taken!)

Anyway, I'm excited to have finally joined the forums "officially" and stepped out of the shadows where I'd been lurking for a while.

g'nite from the Ice

G

Hi all,

I'm Rob aka lebob, hailing from historic old Canterbury, England. I'm an avid fan of the books (all read and up to date) since first seeing the series last spring and have been hooked since. As a viewer on the forum I finally thought it might be time to join in with the discussion amongst you fine peeps.

My favourite character has to be Ramsay Bolton. It's fitting that a truely evil guy exists in a world with so many shades of grey.

I look forward to chatting to many of you in the future.

Rob :cheers:

Howdy. I'm a student musician and equestrian hailing from a great expanse of nothing. I don't think I've been this fascinated with a series since Harry Potter, which I grew up with as she was releasing the books (attended all the midnight store release festivals and everything...it was a sincerely magical and exciting time. It's awesome being able to experience this again...)

My mother discovered Game of Thrones on HBO and dragged me into watching it last year, right after the first season ended. I was apprehensive at first...despite my love of medieval stuff, much of what is on TV and film falls short for me...but I quickly grew to adore it. We must have watched the entire season together in a span of two days. Shortly afterward we began acquiring the books...and the rest is history. I am soon to embark upon a re-reading of the first three, and I have no idea how I am going to live with myself until S3 on the telly premieres.

My favourite characters right now are Arya, Brienne, Sandor/The Hound, Varys, Tyrion, and Dany.

Edited for a spelling issue!

Edited by nearthewoods

Howdy. I'm a student musician and equestrian hailing from a great expanse of nothing. I don't think I've been this fascinated with a series since Harry Potter, which I grew up with as she was releasing the books (attended all the midnight store release festivals and everything...it was a sincerely magical and exciting time. It's awesome being able to experience this again...)

My mother discovered Game of Thrones on HBO and dragged me into watching it last year, right after the first season ended. I was apprehensive at first...despite my love of medieval stuff, much of what is on TV and film falls short for me...but I quickly grew to adore it. We must have watched the entire season together in a span of two days. Shortly afterward we began acquiring the books...and the rest is history. I am soon to embark upon a re-reading of the first three, and I have no idea how I am going to live with myself until S3 on the telly premieres.

My favourite characters right now are Arya, Brienne, Sandor/The Hound, Varys, Tyrion, and Dany.

Edited for a spelling issue!

I LOVE Sandor and adore Dany and Arya .^_^.

I love this forum. Got hooked on it and GoT via HBO. I am a book "virgin" but plan to consummate the relationship this summer.

Darling I know how you feel lol ... but hopefully I get to start on reading the series within the week. Welcome .^_^.

hi folks, new to the forum & ASOI&F online in general, but not to the books... re-reading for the third or fourth time right now...

name: Justin

career: rep for local small business

Welcome .^_^. I haven't read the books yet but plan on to soon. Which is your favorite so far???