Introductions

Ran

Oh...here's the Intro thread. Hi everyone. I am posting this as I sit in my room at McMurdo Station, Ross Island, Antarctica, where winter is NEVER coming...because it's always here! Technically it is winter now, so it's dark all the time (the sun set in April and won't be up again until August). This is my second winter on the Ice. I love it, though it is much more Ice Planet Hoth than Beyond The Wall.

I miss trees. :frown5:

I've read the first four books and have watched season one and all of season two except for the finale. Fave characters are The Hound, Arya, Bronn and Brienne. I started reading the books (and then watching the show) because I had so many friends who told me GRRM's stories reminded them of mine (I write fantasy and dark historical fiction...my avatar is a crop of the cover illustration I did for my novel, Plaguewalker...yeah, I picked that as my username cuz all the good GoT-themed ones were taken!)

Anyway, I'm excited to have finally joined the forums "officially" and stepped out of the shadows where I'd been lurking for a while.

g'nite from the Ice

G

Goodness you're all the way up there eh??? Lol I don't know how you could do it, I have a low tolerace to the cold. 50 degrees F is cold to me lol. Welcome .^_^.

Goodness you're all the way up there eh??? Lol I don't know how you could do it, I have a low tolerace to the cold. 50 degrees F is cold to me lol. Welcome . ^_^.

I like to think of it as the dark underbelly of the world :-) It's minus 49F out there right now. I've just finished work for the day and think instead of heading out to the gym I'll curl up with my netbook and watch The Hound give Joff the what-for in "Blackwater." Thanks for the welcome!

I like to think of it as the dark underbelly of the world :-) It's minus 49F out there right now. I've just finished work for the day and think instead of heading out to the gym I'll curl up with my netbook and watch The Hound give Joff the what-for in "Blackwater." Thanks for the welcome!

The way Rory delivered those lines in that episode was pure brilliance.

(ps...do share some photos one of these days of your exotic locale! I am intrigued. :) )

Darling I know how you feel lol ... but hopefully I get to start on reading the series within the week. Welcome . ^_^.

Thank you. Well, I just checked the book out of our library today. I made it to page 2 between classes! I will be reading long into the night I suppose. Happy reading! :read:

The way Rory delivered those lines in that episode was pure brilliance.

(ps...do share some photos one of these days of your exotic locale! I am intrigued. :) )

*Yes,* go Rory. I think, aside from being my fave character in the books (yes, WillWork4NinjaPowers, I read them) and in the series, I think The Hound is one of the best characters to have transitioned from book to series, along with Varys (I think they oversimplified/prettied-up too many of the other characters, but that's tv for ya...).

I won't post pix of my Ice World here as I would hate to be accused of clogging the overtaxed servers, but I've been blogging about it for a couple years at http://storiesthataretrue.wordpress.com/ ...feel free to check it out, but note the most recent posts are all from winter (now) so it's dark out. I have a crappy camera so I don't bother to take pix in the winter months, except of inside foolishness. A better post (which has links to a lot of other posts) if you want to see stuff would be: http://storiesthataretrue.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/groom-with-a-view/

Though it looks like Beyond the Wall, I have yet to see a Whitewalker. Got my blowtorch ready, tho...

Hello there everyone. I am a new member to the forums and I thought I'd introduce myself properly. I am an artist and a huge (new) fan of the series. I live in a quaint town set in a Texas swamp beside the sea (sounds lovely, right?). Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?), winter is never coming where I live. I have never seen snow in my entire life and I suppose I'll just have to imagine this white, fluffy cold stuff that falls from the sky for now while I read. I have a cat named Turnip and can usually be found with my head buried in a book, playing video games, or sitting in front of a canvas.

I discovered this series while casually browsing a small bookstore and have been hooked ever since. My favorite characters so far are Arya, Jon, Dany, Brienne, and Tyrion. I have read the first two books and recently just finished watching the last season on HBO. I am eagerly starting the third book as I type. It's nice to finally be part of this community and I hope to begin discussing soon. ^_^

(edited for spelling mistake)

Edited by Snowylocks

Hello. My display name is close enough to my real name (which is quite unique) that for reasons of anonymity I'm not going to rehash it. I'm in education, and live in the boring part of Illinois, at least temporarily, while my husband finishes a PhD program.

I got vaguely obsessed with ASOIAF about two months ago, when I decided to check out this "Game of Thrones" nonsense everyone was on about. To my delight, I noticed that it was based on a series of books, which I immediately procured, and read in about two weeks. Lovely to be here.

Yes I'm new on here :-) well I found this place via Google and at last because I was trying to get the Characters of the books in one line, it's difficult from time too time with all the names to remember it was book 2 (4 in Germany one of the last chapters when I thought that Jora Mormont had the same last name like the bear)LOL well last I made it throug it and now I'm on it must be book three over your place (Germany got 'em splitted, so I'm a slowly reader) But yes the TV show brought me to the Books since I love reading that's not so bad, and since I loved Lord of Rings it is totally made for me to get out of my normal life for several of times reading books to bring me into a total different world...

Hi. I registered myself yesterday (but I have read the forum for a long time) and I hope I would like to introduce myself too :-). Well, I'm Paweł (18), I'm from Poland (so I have Euro Championship in my country, but unhapilly I won't go to watch any). I have read Martin's book for several years and I think only Tolkien wrote better fantasy books (but Martin makes the best characters).

My favourite characters are Catelyn, Theon, Jon, Jaime and a few more.

Greetings.

Hello y'all!

I'm Kitti, 26 years old, from Budapest, Hungary.

As so many of you, I got introduced to this wonderful books by the series on HBO.

Apart from reading I love all kind of stuff like films, languages, theatre etc. I'm a huge fan of Scandinavia (especially of Norway), Doctor Who and all kinds of LGBT stuff (I'm more like a huge faghag :D)

see you around :)

Edited by Kitz

I won't post pix of my Ice World here as I would hate to be accused of clogging the overtaxed servers, but I've been blogging about it for a couple years at http://storiesthatar....wordpress.com/ ...feel free to check it out, but note the most recent posts are all from winter (now) so it's dark out. I have a crappy camera so I don't bother to take pix in the winter months, except of inside foolishness. A better post (which has links to a lot of other posts) if you want to see stuff would be: http://storiesthatar...om-with-a-view/

Just want to say that I find your blog fascinating - thanks for sharing! I want to go to there.

And welcome to all the new folks.

Edited by Arblav Goldvak

Hello everyone, I'm Max, from France, i'm 21

I've been reading the ASOIAF books since the TV show came out, because I always wanna read the books before seeing the adaptation.

That's an amazing series of book (and TV show) and I can't wait to read the following books !

I've been reading a lot this forum, and I decided to suscribe, because I wanna talk about it with you guys.

Bye !

Hi. My name is Angie, and I'm 29, located in Phoenix, Arizona. I've recently begun to get into GoT, though I'm a spoiler whore, so there's not much I don't know or have figured at this point. My favourite characters are generally Arya and Tyrion, though Benjen has a special place in my heart despite the fact that he's currently at large beyond the Wall.

A little about me.. I work at Bliss Showclub here in Phoenix as a waitress/entertainer/hostess/barback (pick one). I moved to Phoenix about two years ago, love it, don't plan to leave. I have a heavy background in automotive performance (mostly import, some domestic; specialize in Honda/Toyota/Mitsubishi and the LS1 motors). I also trained extensively for a career in law enforcement (which is partially why I am now in Phoenix). I enjoy cars (though not AS much after doing it as a job for six years), motorcycles (sort of, I'm a former rider since I got smashed by an SUV on an R1), writing (often, and quickly), reading, and sleeping (because I don't do it near enough). I enjoy tattoos, and in fact have several, including the Hylian Crest on my chest, which works well for my profession most of the time if the gaming-friendly crowd is high.

As a general rule, I work nearly six days a week and put in what is easily 70+ hours, so my hours of operation on the internet are usually from 2-3 PM and then from 4-6 AM. I'm fairly personable, but I am incredibly direct. My brother once told me that anything someone says before the word 'but' doesn't count, after all. You can find me on AIM at Have Supra, and if you're local to Phoenix or the greater area, feel free to drop me a line. Working at a club literally sucks up 90% of the time I have, the other 10% is spent either running errands or in bed reading.

Angie

Name's Larry, I am a mason who hails from the eastern foothills of the Connecticut River Valley. I have nightmares about this series not being finished. I only discovered the books a couple of months ago, and I've never cared much for genre fiction, but have read them like 3 or 4 times each since then. I plan to constantly reread them until Winds of Winter comes out.

See you round the boards

A few months ago, on a whim, I decided to finally check out Game of Thrones on HBO since all eps were on On Demand. I liked it so much I went through all 14 episodes that were available in one night. I was hooked but I couldn't wait for the show to find out what happens in the series after finding out there were 5 books out. So I got the audio books for all 5 books and finished them in a little over three weeks.

And now, like most of you I'm sure, I'm going crazy waiting for Winds of Winter which will hopefully be out in the next FIVE F(#*@@*%( YEARS. So please help me keep my sanity (might be too late), and allow me to join in the discussion for this awesome series.

A few months ago, on a whim, I decided to finally check out Game of Thrones on HBO since all eps were on On Demand. I liked it so much I went through all 14 episodes that were available in one night. I was hooked but I couldn't wait for the show to find out what happens in the series after finding out there were 5 books out. So I got the audio books for all 5 books and finished them in a little over three weeks.

And now, like most of you I'm sure, I'm going crazy waiting for Winds of Winter which will hopefully be out in the next FIVE F(#*@@*%( YEARS. So please help me keep my sanity (might be too late), and allow me to join in the discussion for this awesome series.

Great name. Listening to the audiobooks stoned was maybe the best decision I've ever made in my entire life.

I consider myself a fan of the book series and after reading this forum for couple of week, I decided to join the discussions...

I have read the first three books, and I am currently reading the fourth one. Fortunately or not the first time I've heard about the books was when the HBO show came out. Half the way through the show I picked up the first book and I was hooked.

I know that everyone consider the third book the best, but for me, maybe surprisingly but I adore the fourth one. Maybe because I knew about Joffrey and the RW... So to sum up, I like the books and I hope I'll be sticking around for some time... :D

Hello! I've been lurking around here for a while, reading some threads (especially those about the characters), and now I've decided to join the forum!

About me now : I'm French (Hope I'm not the only one round here... :P) I discovered the books last year after watching the first episode of the TV series, and I loved them, I was completely hooked! Now I'm waiting for The Winds of Winter, hopefully it will be released within the next 5 years... :bowdown:

which gives me plenty of time to re-read the books and talk of it here!