Introductions

Ran

Hi there! I'm Lady Melisandre and have *just* finished reading all the books and trying to stave off an existential lack of 'Ice and Fire' crisis by joining the forums. I love all sorts of sci-fi and fantasy but would like to read more than I currently do. Love discussing politics, society and religion - including how it features in the books.

For the rest, I love music, food, travel and tea :)

Be well!

Farya, there's plenty of boarders from around the world on here, you are not alone. Lady Melisandre, you'll find a wealth of talking about all you love on this board, especially in Gen Chat and Literature.

Maxime, Larrytheimp, and perhaps a personal name crush of mine now ABongOfIceandFire, welcome to the fun!

Hey, I'm the Last Reyne from Chicagoland. Until recently I was merely a reader but with start of the second season I decided to jump and become a more active member of the forum. I am greatly looking forward to going to my first convention this fall as WorldCon is coming to Chicago. I look forward to talking to all of you on the forum and seeing some of you here in Chicago at the WorldCon.

Hello! Didn't really know where to start so I thought introductions seems like the logical place!

Bit about me I suppose (theres abit on my profile page!), 25, got into ASoIaF through the TV series, watched series one, amazing, half way through series 2, thought hmmm I really need to read the books, so I did, read them all in about 2 weeks, I know its cliche but I literally could not put them down! IMHO the books are better than the TV series, which is still good, but I do love comparing them. I'm playing through the 360 game at the moment, undecided on this one, the theme start up music is playing as I type!

I will attempt to contribute my useless opinion every now and again, although I will not be able to read all the posts...I'm sure the internet would be extinct by then! For those interested my name is Latin (well sort of.) It says I am the eyes of fear. I used to rap (don't hate) and used to call my self Terrah-Eyez...and thought putting a version in Latin would sound kinda cool, been studying Latin these last few months, I love it!...I do apologise if the grammar isn't strictly right but hey, its only abit of fun right! But anyway enough rambling, Mors and Alester need me.,.

Edited by timori_oculisum

Hello all! Well, I can say that I've been a fan of this magnificent series ever since I started watching the T.V. show. I picked up the books a couple of months ago at a friend's suggestion and I can officially say that I am hooked on them. I am currently on the third book at the moment. I came to this forum to seek other people to talk to about my love for this series :P

Hello All. I am Wilma and I hail from the Netherlands. MY ROYAL BLOOD WAS MURDERED! VAN VELSEN. YOU ARE ALL MY BROTHERS! :bowdown:

Reading ASOIeF, brought on so much warm childhood memories. I am a history nut from europe. I really liked the story and aldough I am looking forward to find out 'what happens next', I will patiently wait until grrm reveals it to us.

I got into it through the series because of its links to history. I quickly then moved to the books, keeping close watch not to let my self get spoiled on this. I do have a low post count, but that is mainly because I am a 'lurker' with a curious mind.

And please, hold back the comments on me about the Dutch preformanced, during the EC the way I look at it is that we 'did write history' :)

Now please give me sometime to let this mindfuck sick in. I am planning and starting a SOCIAL REVOLUTION. I SAY NUKE THE BASTARDS>

Edited by Joan of Arc

Hello all -

I've been lurking for a few months, but now that I'm starting a series re-read, I wanted to jump in to start some more discussions. I read through quickly the first time (hungry to reach the end), so I'm savoring each page now, sometimes reading chapters and pages a couple of times to get some more details and imagery. I'm only on 318 of GOT in the re-read, and already I've had so many moments of "I don't remember that!" or "That makes that other thing make more sense!"

So, about me --- Live in Chicago, originally from Boston. Love my Red Sox. Love to talk about the books & the HBO series.

Hola. I'm Crystal. You can call me Pink. ;]

I am 22. And I'm not really sure what else to say.

Hope this forum is popping. Because I came here because GoT is no where close to being that popular.

So all my damn forums don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I post Game of Lulz pics. xD

Hello all -

I've been lurking for a few months, but now that I'm starting a series re-read, I wanted to jump in to start some more discussions. I read through quickly the first time (hungry to reach the end), so I'm savoring each page now, sometimes reading chapters and pages a couple of times to get some more details and imagery. I'm only on 318 of GOT in the re-read, and already I've had so many moments of "I don't remember that!" or "That makes that other thing make more sense!"

So, about me --- Live in Chicago, originally from Boston. Love my Red Sox. Love to talk about the books & the HBO series.

Hey, just remember that the 'curse of the bambino' also got broken. :D

Hi.

I have been lurking here for a while, and finally decided to make an account. Presently I have read all of the ASoIaF books and will probably re-read them soon. I enjoy Game of Thrones, the show, but still have a lot of fun nit-picking at it.

Peace and love!

I know this is a bit late but here goes. I am Nancy. I am from the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean. We get the HBO series here and I heard about it from my sister who is addicted to it but who haven't read the books. Being a contrary soul I decided to read the books before I looked at the re-runs and I am happy I did (except for the part with Ned). I have lurked around here for a while and finally joined when I realized my favorite character, Littlefinger, wasn't getting as much love as I thought he deserved.

I read a lot of everything and this is my second major series in the fantasy genre after Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

Blessings.

hey, i'm Gabriel, and like many here started reading after watching an episode of the HBOs series. i'm halfway through AFFC, and lovin' the story and the political background that it's set. also a major fan of fantasy, movies, and tv series.

i'm here also because i don't have many friends available to discuss the book series, only the TV show. i live in sao paulo, Brazil.

btw, i think we should all exchange experiences about reading/listening/watching ASOIF stoned, coz to me, its a godly experience hahaha

hope to get to know you all (:

cheers

btw, i think we should all exchange experiences about reading/listening/watching ASOIF stoned, coz to me, its a godly experience hahaha

I can't comment on watching GoT stoned because that's not my thing, but I can tell you this: I live in Antarctica and, more than once, after watching an episode I've gone outside and thought "Winter is coming?? WTF, winter is HERE!!" which is probably a lot funnier if you have T3 Syndrome/Polar Madness like I do. Welcome.

I can't comment on watching GoT stoned because that's not my thing, but I can tell you this: I live in Antarctica and, more than once, after watching an episode I've gone outside and thought "Winter is coming?? WTF, winter is HERE!!" which is probably a lot funnier if you have T3 Syndrome/Polar Madness like I do. Welcome.

hahaha please, explain what's T3 syndrome!

hahaha please, explain what's T3 syndrome!

It's a little bit like being drunk all the time. Because there is no sunlight (the sun set in April and won't be up again till August), even taking Vitamin D, we all get a little crazy. T3 syndrome used to be called polar madness. It affects everyone differently--some people get depressed and sleep a lot, others hallucinate--but mostly for me it makes me giggle at everything.

Hey everyone! As you've probably guessed, I'm from House Tyrell. I'm a huge fan of the series, the novels first and the series second. When I'm reading ASoIaF, I'm writing poetry and short stories (all of which pretty lame) or cooking. I'm pescetarian, which means I only eat fish and vegetables, for health reasons. I'm not the political type. But I do still cook other types of meat, mostly for my friends and family. :))