Introductions

Ran

I'm a faceless man of Braavos having currently assumed the Lorathi identity of Jaqen H'ghar.

I got hooked on the first season of the GoT TV series when it aired on national Swedish TV earlier this year (it aired on pay cable last year but I'm too cheap to pay for that). Before a trip in early May I bought the first book and since then I've been hooked on the books as well. As it happened I got sent on an assignment to Germany meaning travel back and forth every week giving me plenty of time for reading, so right now I'm wrapping up ASoS and have AFfC awaiting in my briefcase for this evening's flight back to Stockholm.

I discovered this forum - and all of westeros.org - when one of the admins was a guest in a Swedish mini talk show that was broadcast after each episode of GoT with the purpose of discussing the week's episode. I've been lurking since then but finally got around to register yesterday.

Since I have a pretty good eye for details and a more or less annoying ability to keep track of relations and plot threads I'm pretty certain I'll be able to bug you all with a lot of posts in the future :cool4:

Edited by Jaqen Hghar

My name is Saeed and I am Iranian. I love fantasy stories especially A Song of Ice and Fire actually being able to read that, was one of the reasons for me to restart learning English after 10 years!

My favorite characters are Davos Jon Dany and also Tyrion. can't wait to hear about them and others in the next book

Hi, I'm HopeForSpring.

I enjoy both the books and TV series.

Westeros.org is a great resource for deepening my appreciation of the books now that I'm doing a re-read. It's fun to read all the different theories that people are presenting, although I feel I'm a little late to the party.

I originally posted some of my theories here inside a spoilers tag as a type of introduction, but no one else had so I took them out. I don't want to cause trouble.

Thanks to all for creating such a vibrant community!

Edited by HopeForSpring

Hi I'm Megan and from Australia.

I've been lurking for a few weeks and loving some of the theories I've read so far.

I finished ADwD two weeks ago and am just catching up with the TV series now. I discovered GOT a few months back while overseas for work (had some free time on my hands). By the time I got home I was hooked.

The depth of information on this site is amazing and I'm looking forward to discovering more that I've missed as I look around.

Hey my name is Ringatu, but you can call me Pod cause I'm guessing a lot of you saw my name and went 'what the ...'

I am from New Zealand down at the bottom of the world just beside Australia :)

So I am very new to ASOIAF but I am just has addicted to it. It was actually the series that introduced me to the books, i watched the first episode and then was like screw this im not waiting for each episode im reading the books and then i found a purpose in living haha :)

Fantastic books and the shows cool too. I am also loving the board game, its great fun

This site is really cool, I probably wont do much posting but I love reading others comments :)

Hi!

I' like to say hello to everybody in this forum. I've reading it for a long time and now I've finally decided to write posts, to share my thoughts and read yours.

I must say my mother tongue is not English (or should I say the Common Tongue?)… Despite my name, I come from the mainly accepted equivalent to Dorne, so please spare me if I make mistakes.

Name's Larry, I am a mason who hails from the eastern foothills of the Connecticut River Valley. I have nightmares about this series not being finished. I only discovered the books a couple of months ago, and I've never cared much for genre fiction, but have read them like 3 or 4 times each since then. I plan to constantly reread them until Winds of Winter comes out.

I also live along the Connecticut River, although I'm not sure exactly where the eastern foothills are. I suppose if I have to ask, then that's probably not where I am. : )

My name is Christine and I'm also relatively new to the series and the board. I'm about half way through ADwD, but I've been trying to drag it out to delay the inevitable withdrawal that will follow. I think I will have to join project re-read soon. I am also starting to get my husband into TV series, as he is not a native English speaker/reader and doesn't really do lengthy English language novels. If anyone knows about an Albanian language edition, let me know!

Hello everyone (:

I've been reading this forum for a few days now and thought I'd sign up, too.

I don't know why, but somehow I never even heard of GoT and ASoIaF until those "Brace yourself"-memes were showing up all over the internet. :D I wondered where it came from and eventually stumbled upon the series and ....well, I couldn't help buying the books! :drool:

I think the thing that captivates me most about ASoIaF is its sheer unpredictabilty. But I'm still in the middle of aCoK, so there's so much more to discover and I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you and basically to having a lot of fun in this forum.

...Oh, by the way, I'm Jessica and 17.

Hello everyone (:

I've been reading this forum for a few days now and thought I'd sign up, too.

I don't know why, but somehow I never even heard of GoT and ASoIaF until those "Brace yourself"-memes were showing up all over the internet. :D I wondered where it came from and eventually stumbled upon the series and ....well, I couldn't help buying the books! :drool:

I think the thing that captivates me most about ASoIaF is its sheer unpredictabilty. But I'm still in the middle of aCoK, so there's so much more to discover and I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you and basically to having a lot of fun in this forum.

...Oh, by the way, I'm Jessica and 17.

Welcome, Jessica. If you are only halfway through ACoK and are bothered by such things, watch out for horrible spoilers of doom as you navigate this place. ;)

[...] watch out for horrible spoilers of doom as you navigate this place. ;)

Thank you for the warning! :) Even though I try to avoid spoilers, I often find myself glimpsing at threads with too much information. It's just so tempting! (and funnily enough forgetting those bits of information is not quite as easy as forgetting the subjects of a whole school term..)

Welcome, everyone! :cheers:

Hey my name is Ringatu, but you can call me Pod cause I'm guessing a lot of you saw my name and went 'what the ...'

By the by, if you see people talking about "blaming Pod", don't worry! It's not directed at you. We have another user who goes by "Pod" too, and it's all his fault. Everything. Always.

Hey, I'm Winterz and as pretty much everyone here, I .... love these Series.

For me, George is certainly the modern Tolkien (ye I also love Tolkien's work).

I'm from Portugal and an University's student in his 19s.

P.S. And I hate these painful "hiatus".

Hey I'm Ed. I have read all 5 books twice since Xmas 2012. All three Dunk & Egg stories as well. on my 3rd watch of Season one followed by my 2nd watch season 2. I find it humorous so many think Jon Snow is a Targaryen even tho this was dispelled when he was burned by fire defending Old Bear. lol. Bran learned to control animals b/c dragons are coming. Sam went to the Citadel to learn about Dragons. Tyrion studies dragons. Jon has his own story arc to worry about. Look elsewhere.