Introductions

Ran

Hi everybody!

I'm Team Dragonstone (you then can easily guess who are my favorite characters). I'm here because ASOIAF has been a huge part of my life for these past months.

I'm a French boy in my mid-twenties.

I discovered the saga with the TV show one year ago. I only started to read the books after the end of season 2, though, because I couldn't bear getting spoiled over and over again by the wiki articles every time I wanted to know specific things that aren't shown in the show, but that it's still obvious are missing or incomplete.

I wanted to know more, but I wanted to know more the most "natural" way.

I just finished A Feast for Crows a few days ago and I'm looking forward to ordering the fifth book and receiving it very soon.

The books are of course incomparably better than the show. This is a whole new level of entertainment. Althought I have to admit that it is very difficult if not impossible to picture the characters differently than how they are in the show.

Just so you know, I watched and read it all in English. I just can't stand translations, they're so bad and corrupted. (Y'all know the saying: translation is treason.)

I don't really mind getting spoiled. I mean, I'm not particularly looking for spoilers, but I will never get mad from being exposed to them. I already know some things that happen in A Dance with Dragons. (not proud of it but sh*t happens.)

I'm here so I can know more. I think I manage English pretty well but it's not perfect so it's obvious to me that I missed a lot of things in the books. So I'm basically here to know more, learn more, and discuss facts and possibilities.

I kind of like discussing theories, too.

I also want to say that I'm very glad to be here and that this place exists, all those topics are fascinating.

Hello! Just thought I'd introduce myself and meet some other newbies. I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire when I was in high school. I've reread them a few times since then, especially with the show Game of Thrones.

Other than that, I'm currently a student at university. Not sure what I'm going to major in yet, still figuring that out. I love the Starks, and but I have a soft spot for Cersei and Jaime Lannister romance, and Tyrion is my favorite character. I mostly went in search of this website to discuss Jon Snow being Lyanna and Rhaegar's child, my love for Tyrion, and the unwritten romance of Sansa and the Hound.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hi everyone. Introducing myself now. I was a lurker for the past couple of months but never read too deeply into the forums because I was still reading. Well thats over, and now I'm suffering major withdrawal, so here I am!

I didn't really take an interest into the series until the HBO show season 2, and then when it was over, I decided the show was too short and took up the novels. I started with GoT in June and just finished aDwD this past weekend. Now anything else in comparison seems a let down!

I hope to read through this entire forum and participate in whatever I can, and I'm planning my own scheduled re-read to go with Season 3 on HBO. Looking forward to it and to getting to know everyone on this forum!

I'm fantasy fan from Finland. Used to read so much fantasy when I was a teenager. Started studying literature in university and dutifully explored other genres but then George R. R. Martin books drew me back in. Now fantasy is pretty much all I read again.

Good evenings. Good morrows.

I am LeWarg. I always put lemon in my ale. I love good wine and enjoy food to it's fullest. I am into the esoteric world, GoT, sci fi and life. I have joined this forum to eventualy meet new people who enjoy GoT as much as me. I'm probably just a newb in the end. I refer to GoT as the book and the tv show; I'm not one to fall in love with the autograph. As quoted from Catpower. I'm all about personnal experiences. I dont care if someone I know hates something I love. I'm interested in why. It fascinates me; the differences.

I get along better with animals then humans. Thus the choice for my name. I hate judging, from myself and others. I have an affection for documentaries and the evolution of mankind through culture. A Song of Fire and Ice has rekindled me with my love for litterature. I read the entire chronicles of Narnia when I was 10 and have been yearning for a new adventure.

Next year, I will be 30 and still a geek a for life. I wish to travel this journey through GoT with people who love it, live it and dream of it. The old ways are to me, the way of the future. I will never have an issue to discuss this novel with people who have just begun it and know nothing of it. I like to have fun, and I respect those who do aswell. Afterall we only live once; Valar Morghulis.

Hello everybody.

I am from Spain (btw it's like Dorne), and I came with the books because everyone around me talked about the HBO's series and thought "TV series are for noobs, real stuff happens in the books". And so it did, it's so absorbing. Also I read the original version, you don't know how stupid translated names sound, and one also enjoys more Martin's style.

Now I'm in the middle of Dance With Dragons, but don't want to finish it (how many years are we going to wait till the sixth? Who knows...). So far, the most exciting book for me was the third, but I still think the two following books are really good as they have lots of scheming and plotting. That's what makes the saga so famous.

As to the TV series, I liked the first season very much, but I couldn't stand the second one: they made up so many things.

I hope we'll share lots of discussions!

Hello, my name's David, I live in Rochester in Kent and work in London as a Financial Adviser.

I've been looking forward to joining this forum and being able to read and join the discussions here. I started reading the books a few months ago, prompted by the TV show, and finished earlier today.

Feel free to say hello back anytime.

Hello, my name is Josh, I'm 23 and I live in Ohio for the moment (I'm sort of a wanderer). As I am an aspiring film maker, the move to LA or NY isn't too far off. I read Game of Thrones 5 or 6 years ago and forgot about it until the show came along. That's when I bought the whole box set and became fascinated with The Song of Ice and Fire.

Edited by Proud_to_be_a_Bastard

Hello, hi! My name...actually, it would be more fun if you thought of me as a mummer's fart. I'm only slightly ashamed that I couldn't think of a better username (I had tried a handful before resorting to this but alas, all were taken). I'm 25 and I live in Ohio. That's like part of the riverlands, I guess?

I read Game of Thrones (and all five SOIAF books) before watching the show but this all occurred after the show came out. I'm just about done with Clash of Kings in my first of what I suspect will be many series re-reads. I'm super excited and anxious for Winds of Winter to come out but I know I must be patient. I also wonder how so very many storylines will come together in two books. I spend too much of my spare time looking at random SOIAF things and am always amazed how much history there is and how many connections there are to be made. Would that I had the same interest in my studies when I was in school...oh well :P

Enough for now! Look forward to being part of this forum hahahahahahaha

Hello all, I'm a mid-twenties american male who joined this website like probably most other people, for their love of a great epic adventure series and to get involved in a discussion of the story-line.

I was introduced to the series of books due to the show on HBO, and through the book series I was surprised at the character creation and drama that was put in to the formation of this great story. It provides for a great source for the creation of the TV show, even thought I personally think the storyline through the books is more interesting, seeing the characters come alive on the TV screen is amazing, and I would like to thank the people at HBO for the adaptation. I have read through the books once and am in the process of my first reread. As their is not a very organised reread thread with links to individual chapters, for a more detailed discussion in lew of the information presented throughout the entire series, I hope to create one.

Thanks to the admins of this website, and I hope to be able to contribute well to the forums.

Hey there, now that I finally decided to sign up on this board I first wanted to introduce myself (if anyone should care :laugh: )

I am 16 years old and from Germany. I started reading fantasy when I was 11 but never heard of GRRM until a few months ago after a friend recommended him. I'm still wondering how these books could hide away from me for that long... and I read them in English, I just can't stand translations.

My favorite characters are basically all of the Starks, Jaime Lannister, the Hound, Tormund Giantsbane & Asha Greyjoy.

So, greetings to everyone. :)

Hello everyone! I've been lurking these forums for a few years now, but haven't really posted anything.

I've been a huge fantasy/scifi fan since my toddler years, and discovered GRRM when I was 14. Ever since I've been addicted to the series, and watching the HBO series for the first time was a blast.

I'm currently a college student studying physics, and unfortunately don't have much time for reading anymore because of my studies :(. Anyway, greetings to fellow game of thrones fans.