Introductions

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!

The starting title for all users is Commoner. As you post more, the titles change. Here:

Unregistered -- Wildling

Newly registered -- Commoner

25 posts -- Freerider

Thanks for posting all that!

What got me here was the idea of RPing... but they call it a MUSH here... so I'm holding back until I find out what the frak that's supposed to stand for. :dunno:

Never saw such a fast-moving forum, either.

Looks like I have a lot to learn, like how to upload an avatar here.

Exorcist: I'm also into RPG - but I haven't really thought about doing it here.

Thanks for the welcome. Ironically, if I ever found myself in Westeros, Tyrion is the guy I'd want to talk to first.

The RPG here, the MUSH (even the folks I talked to over there didn't seem sure what that stood for) is highly structured. It might even be too complex for a newcomer to consider fun, but the faithful sure seem to enjoy it. I hear that there were 30 players gathered for a recent tourney... so it definitely works well for those taking part.

I'm going to hold off until I have read the books, just to absorb the Culture & all the rest of it.

BTW- it takes place in the year 164, over a century prior to where the story-line is currently.

Thanks for the welcome. Ironically, if I ever found myself in Westeros, Tyrion is the guy I'd want to talk to first.

I don't believe in coincidences. I'd go for Tyrion too.

The RPG here, the MUSH (even the folks I talked to over there didn't seem sure what that stood for) is highly structured. It might even be too complex for a newcomer to consider fun, but the faithful sure seem to enjoy it. I hear that there were 30 players gathered for a recent tourney... so it definitely works well for those taking part.

I'm going to hold off until I have read the books, just to absorb the Culture & all the rest of it.

BTW- it takes place in the year 164, over a century prior to where the story-line is currently.

Perhaps we could make out something together?

Do you play other RPGs? And perhaps we should move our conversation to PM. ;o)

Hello to everybody.

After some time lurking, it's time to introduce myself and start participating in the forum.

I've been very reluctant to read ASoIaF for years, even if many of my friends and family were fans. But a year ago started to see the tv series (yes, almost a year after season one was released), and decided to give the first book a chance. That was the point of no return. I read all the novels in a few months, and since then I am in the long waiting for "The Winds of Winter" :(

I didn't even realise there was an introduction thread until just now (spending most of my time in the general novels section, hah)

So hi everyone! I feel like it's a bit redundant to introduce myself by saying "I LIKE BOOKS!" but there we go, I've said it! Is "I like ASOIAF!" too obvious, as well? :lol: Favourite characters have to be Brienne, Jaime and Tyrion. And Davos because Davos is awesome and underrated.

I'm enjoying all the theories on these forums, it seems like I've somehow missed a massive chunk of stuff on my first readthrough (I didn't even pick up on Frey Pies!)

I also love dogs (Dakonic, if you're still around from the last page of the thread, your job sounds amazing).

And I'm slightly addicted to tablet games, I bought my partner a tablet for his birthday and now I can't stop myself borrowing it constantly just to play silly games on it. :laugh:

Edited by Lady Seaworth

Welcome to the forum!

The starting title for all users is Commoner. As you post more, the titles change. Here:

Unregistered -- Wildling

Newly registered -- Commoner

25 posts -- Freerider

75 posts -- Sellsword

150 posts -- Squire

250 posts -- Hedge Knight

375 posts -- Landed Knight

525 posts -- Noble

700 posts -- Council Member

Once you reach Council Member, you will be able to change your title to something of your choosing via My Controls.

Thank you so much !!! I should have responded earlier....as you see, it worked! Enjoying the Forum...just wish there was a "live chat" available for open discussion. I like to "pass the ball back and forth" so to speak...this takes a while.

Thank you so much !!! I should have responded earlier....as you see, it worked! Enjoying the Forum...just wish there was a "live chat" available for open discussion. I like to "pass the ball back and forth" so to speak...this takes a while.

From my experience over the last couple of weeks (I was hanging around for a bit before I signed up), some threads almost seem like a live chat with how quickly people tend to respond! Don't think I've ever been a member of such an active forum before.

Hello, Lady Seaworth.

Welcome.

Thank you! It's good to be here :)

Edited by Lady Seaworth

Hello all,

I've been lurking for some time, and now seems to be a good time to emerge into the light. I'm a PhD student based in northern England and my research is on fans of books and adaptations, using Game of Thrones as a case study.

I'm a fan of ASOIAF, and first read Game of Thrones just before the announcement of the HBO adaptation, which felt like very good timing.

Please do keep your eye out for threads I will be posting as part of this exciting (if I do say so myself) research project, where there will be space for you to ask questions about the project itself as well as space for you to participate in the research. I look forward to getting to know this place. It's tough work, but someone has to do it.

Hello, I'm new here! Well, at least as an active member, I have been scrolling through the topic for many months as an anonymous visitor, bursting with excitement every time I found something I wanted to comment on, then realizing I couldn't, and forgot about it. I have been introduced to the books and the series by some very persistent friends, and after months of badgering I gave up, and I have been reading the books over and over. I live in the UK and I'm a university student. I hope I can contribute something to this forum!