Introductions

Ran

Hello everyone! I've known about this forum for about half a year now, and registered a couple of days ago. I haven't felt like I could contribute to anything yet, mainly because everyone here seems to have so much amazing knowledge about ASoIaF in comparison to myself. However, I am a massive fan of both the book-series and the show, and I will try to build up some courage to start posting more.

Well, about me... I am a 19 year old girl from Norway, currently a media and communication-student. In addition, I am a former showjumper (equestrian), and abnormally interested in everything music- or film-related. Oh, and the person in my avatar is me. I almost set fire to my dress for that picture.

I registered here mainly because I need to empty my head a bit for all the awesome-ness of these books, and none of my friends read it/have read all of the books. This forum might be exactly what is needed for this purpose.

Hey, greetings from Germany....well, from an American. I live here with my German husband; he's 20 I'm 22. Started reading the books after I watched all of season 1 and 2 online last year and couldn't bear the wait for season 3. (Get tired of hearing people complain about the wait when they could just read or re-read the novels, hehe) At first I wasn't going to "fall for it" when I heard people talking about how awesome Game of Thrones was - I thought it was like the Harry Potter hype, but wow the storyline blew me out of the water, haha.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some nice people on here. Maybe even learn some stuff on here I happened to miss in the books.

Edited by GreatHorse

Hello Westeros,

My name is Lynn and I am Canadian. I am fascinated by Martin's writing and quite enjoy the DVD's since I don't get HBO; I have to wait. I have all the books to date and reading through my second time; since in fact, I can't wait. LOL! What a great story with so many mysteries to winkle out.

Cheers,

Lynn

Edited by LynnS

I can't really say who's my favorite actor, because all are great. They're doing a great job.

Still, Tyrion is my favorite character, and that's why I chose this avatar. I completely agree with the line I picked for my signature.

*waves at all the Southrons*

I am a newbie to the series (as of 2011 and all thanks to Sean Bean), but very intrigued by the multitude of portents and mysteries in the books...so I'm hooked. Glad to be around others of shared interests (howdy, Ygrain!). Mind you, being an Arctic child, I will always be a fan of the Wildlings, and (most importantly) the direwolves!

Thank you for the hello, and from a fellow Canadian, no less! :cheers: Also, hello to Lynn, et al. *waves*

I'm already enjoying this traipsing down memory lane for the tiniest tidbit of hints, crumbs, etc. that escaped my attention the first and second readthrough. :laugh:

Edited by roxfox1962

Good to see that The Canadian Legion is still growing. Our numbers will need to be strong for when the Aussies start talking about needing lebensraum (or whatever the Australian word for that is).

Hi, I'm Bill from Michigan.

Hard to admit, but two months ago I had never even heard of aSOIaF or the GoT TV series. I was perusing a Russian site looking for something to watch after the Dexter and Homeland seasons ended. Watched episode 1 (the ending) and it turned my stomach. After a couple of days I finally watched episode 2 and then I was hooked. : :rofl:

I bought the first book on 1/30, and 5 weeks later, March 6th, I finished aDWD. So now I wait with you all... hurry up March 31! :D

*waves* Hi Bill from Michigan...we're practically neighbours, as I'm from Windsor (the itty bitty city just south of Detroit). Welcome!

@Pope Nadsrudin the Second - I've been waiting for years to see what happens when us polar bears and them penguins finally meet up! ;)

Yo, i've been browsing the forum for some time, and signed in not long after, and i was startled not to find this topic. That's the first time in stumble on it ^^

So, about ASoIaF, i first watched the show and then read the book when i couldn't wait for the next season. First in french and finally ADwD in original version when editors couldn't follow... And now i join the big majority of you, waiting desesperately for TWoW and season 3 of course ;)

Otherwise, i love cinema, watch a lot of other TV shows and manga, am fond of video games and like to draw stuff and more recently, ASoIaF fan arts that you can find on my tumblr (see my signature)

That's it, i'll add i'm very glad of the way things are here, and feel like part of a real bounded community :)

*waves* Hi Bill from Michigan...we're practically neighbours, as I'm from Windsor (the itty bitty city just south of Detroit). Welcome!

@Pope Nadsrudin the Second - I've been waiting for years to see what happens when us polar bears and them penguins finally meet up! ;)

Dropguins.