Introductions

Ran

Sister here, and as long as you have good coffee available, I'm there with you.

Well, gender is a construct which will not be recognized in our utopia. Coffee, on the other hand, will be celebrated from Fort Bragg to Fort O'Neill.

Just had a baby 6 weeks ago and thought it would take my mind off it..

It hasn't.

Hi - congratulations on the newest member of your household! Also, this struck me as a bit funny, like "Oh, no, you're kidding!" My first thought was "Oh dear, you are well and truly lost if a newborn can't distract you from the books..." :cool4:

Not that it's a bad thing...

Edited by Arrow

Just thought I'd say hi.. Do we need to say that we're big fans of the series ? Pretty much goes without saying I think.

However, I'm a massive fan of the series,.. Started watching the first 2 HBO's and was hooked, then read the entire book series in about 6 months finishing in Feb this year.

I feel a bit lost tbh as most of my waking hours was spent reading the books, first time ever i've been that hooked in by a story. Not really into fantasy as a genre either. Just had a baby 6 weeks ago and thought it would take my mind off it..

It hasn't.

Considering a re-read tbh.

I'm in Sunny England.

I like Theon.

Welcome to the forum :)

Not sure if I've introduced myself yet , but hi anyway , I'm Ginevra Katie O'Bailey ( Gin or Ginny is fine ) I'm from County Galway , Ireland , and am currently studying at Lund University , Sweden for a degree in history , I'm a massive fan of these series and English is my second language so please excuse my spelling :)

So there's actually people in Ireland who speak nothing but gaelic their whole life still? :stunned:

Welcome to the forum :)

:)

Hi - congratulations on the newest member of your household! Also, this struck me as a bit funny, like "Oh, no, you're kidding!" My first thought was "Oh dear, you are well and truly lost if a newborn can't distract you from the books..." :cool4:

Not that it's a bad thing...

Thanks very much, she is a little bundle of joy and the best thing ever..

and you are rightWell and truly lost I feel, only terms of needing more story though. I'm at work all day so the mind wonders.

Only another 2 years to wait though !

Hello, newcomers!

Welcome here. =o)

I wish I can change my username :(

Confusion-o-rama...

And you can actually change your name if you really want to :)

No , my fathers Swedish so for most of my life I spoke that :)

Hej Ginny! Välkommen till forumet. Din engelska är säkert jättebra, vi hankar oss fram med lite halvdan engelska de flesta av oss! :)

Confusion-o-rama...

Hej Ginny! Välkommen till forumet. Din engelska är säkert jättebra, vi hankar oss fram med lite halvdan engelska de flesta av oss! :)

tack, är det svårt ibland att uttala vissa saker men jag ska få sina ..... trevligt att se någon tala samma språk :)

Confusion-o-rama...

I can? Since I'm not signing on that often, I probably could but not sure who to ask.

I can? Since I'm not signing on that often, I probably could but not sure who to ask.

You can ask me.. And I have only been here 3 days (I think!)..

In fact, I will tell you without the need to ask. As I'm nice like that.

When you sign in, at the top right you will have your name with a little triangle next to it. click the triangle then click 'my settings'.

Down the left hand side you should see 'Display Name'.. Here's where you are looking for.

If that's not it then i apologise, but I'm pretty sure it is

You can ask me.. And I have only been here 3 days (I think!)..

In fact, I will tell you without the need to ask. As I'm nice like that.

When you sign in, at the top right you will have your name with a little triangle next to it. click the triangle then click 'my settings'.

Down the left hand side you should see 'Display Name'.. Here's where you are looking for.

If that's not it then i apologise, but I'm pretty sure it is

Yep that is it :)

I change my name temporarily every once in a while. There is a limit to it though, so you can't change it very often. The history of your name changes can be seen when someone's looking on your profile. You also still keep your old log in name all the time, so you only change the name displayed.

Hello, everyone. I registered a few days ago, but I've only just now gotten around to posting. I'm a huge fan of this series and the TV show, and my dorm-mate told me this was a great place for discussion and theories.

It's nice to "meet" you all. :)

Lovely to "meet" you too Pure :P

Hello, everyone. I registered a few days ago, but I've only just now gotten around to posting. I'm a huge fan of this series and the TV show, and my dorm-mate told me this was a great place for discussion and theories.

It's nice to "meet" you all. :)

Welcome to the boards! =o)

Hello all. I became a fan of the TV series late last year and after that, eagerly consumed the first 4 books (audiobook format) in a few months time. Currently, I'm halfway through the audiobook of A Dance With Dragons. I also contribute minor stuff to the westeros wiki. Glad to be part of this forum.