Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone, my name's Oscar.

I've been a massive fan of the books (and show) for a long time now and have spent much of recent weeks, after finishing the books, whiling away my time on the WOIAF, oddly great fun :D Then I found this and, well, here I am.

(It was hard coming up with a username; i wanted a topical one, perhaps a character with a good epithet but all the good ones seemed to be taken... so in the end Rhaegar + Aenar = Rhaenar :P )

Welcome, Oscar. :cheers:

May you have entertaining hours here.

Hello all, my name is Charlie. I am originally from Quebec, but live in Toronto, Canada. I've been making GoT video reviews on youtube, and someone recommended I check out this site to check out what other people think about both the tv series & the book series.

Hope to meet some great people in what looks to be an awesome community! :-)

Hi,

I had an account here years ago but haven't posted since then. Then I was giant squirrel or something. Anyway I'm here again and I look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome, giant snake.

Hello all, my name is Charlie. I am originally from Quebec, but live in Toronto, Canada. I've been making GoT video reviews on youtube, and someone recommended I check out this site to check out what other people think about both the tv series & the book series.

Hope to meet some great people in what looks to be an awesome community! :-)

Hello, Charlie.

Be welcome here.

Hey everyone! I just recently finished A Dance With Dragons and stumbled upon this website whilst trying to gain additional info. Love the format , love that the forums are really active! Btw I'm Derek , but I'll be going by Deric Doubleblades. If I had to pick a house to serve under, it would be Greyjoy. I find them tough, fearless, and stubborn. While these qualities may not be the most appealing to all, I like them... especially the first two. Being stubborn can have its benefits as well. I hope to get in some heated debates on here, with respect of course, for I have seen may opinions and theories on here that I would like to challenge, as well as present my own outlandish thoughts. I have decided that my person arms will be two grey crossed daggers on a bluish-black background , with a white full moon in the sky(big) with the words, one on top the other : ' Shadow - Blade - Iron ' . Basically meaning the shadow of the night will cover 'us' , the blades of 'our' irons swords(daggers in my case) will make you pay the iron price, if you wish to cross 'us'. Thank for reading my stupid bio. Take care, brush ya freaking hair.

Hello, Derek.

Welcome to the boards.

Hi I'm new on these forums. I'm 20 y/o and I live in the Netherlands, I'm currently reading the first book and I've already seen the first 2 seasons of the series (which I regret now).

Good morrow, my Lords and Ladies!

First time in these lands and, as many others. I've been reading the Wiki and forums from the shadows for a long time and have finally decided to come out and join you guys and gals, I hope the Guest Right is in place here =P

I'm from the southern land commonly known as Argentina, down in South America. I've devoured all 5 ASoIaF books and all 3 Hedge Knight novellas (as you can probably tell by my username :P). Now reading the Graphic Novels =D and I really can't get enough of George's epic masterpiece, I love to read about the different theories of what's to come, looking at maps of the lands of Westeros, Essos, and the different cities, and trying to learn all the main Houses' genealogy, it's such a well detailed universe that George created for all of us!!

The wait time for TWoW, or the next Hedge Knight, can't possibly feel any longer xP

About me:

I'm a 27 yo. male

I work 9 to 6, study Japanese and I'm not really into sports.

I love going to the cinema, reading, playing video games and board games, and hanging out with my friends and my girlfriend.

I hate politics, tobacco and olives =P

I hope to have fun here and share or comment on those interesting discussions, weird theories, and fun games!

See you around! =)

Hey! I probably should have done this first instead of blow up the "The Climb" thread, but hey! I'm enthusiastic.

My name is Ami and I'm glad to be here. I'm originally from the South but and am now living in the West. I love ASoIaF but my favorite book is really "House of Leaves" because I just loving making myself more claustrophobic than I already am! Love reading here and I decided to start giving my two-cents.

Hey there!

I've mean meaning to do this for a while now; I'm only into the lower double digits, post-wise, so I hope I haven't been amiss not doing so sooner.

I first was introduced to GOT by my father. I'd taken a trip to visit my folks, and as very often was the norm, we talked for a while about we were currently reading. It needs to be said that my Dad loves history, so very often I'd leave with either an historical novel, or something a little more academic. If I remember correctly, the book he gave me prior was a book on the history of the Steel Bonnets, and the Border Reavers; It wasn't exactly my taste but, hell, I read it anyway. (I've always been of the opinion that it's worth giving his offerings the time of day. If nothing else, the possibility of future discussion is useful for dragging my father out of his reserved shell. History is his passion.)

So, on this particular occasion, he pressed GOT's into my hands, looked me in the eye, and said: "You have got to read this!". When I asked what it was about, I thought it strange fodder for him. The alternative universe alone, and the supernatural elements just didn't align with his usual preferences.

I went home and read the book, and phoned him to tell him how much I enjoyed it, and we continued the rest of the books apace.

I didn't get to see him very often, and none of my close friends are readers, so sometimes I really felt the need to speak on the subject, but no matter how much I badgered and goaded my friends there were no takers. Then I found this board.

Since then I have read the first three books three times, and the last two, two times apiece.

I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, so I was completely stoked when HBO announced that they'd be filming right across from where I live. The interest this provoked, along with the first series, started my daughter reading. (I hate to say it, but aside from school text books when she was younger, she'd never read a book in her life.) and also one of my close friends, who are now desperately playing catch up to the series.

It never ceases to amaze me how that one book set in motion, my daughter's foray into the world of literature. Not having been able to instill this myself, made me feel like a failure as a parent. Martin will always have my profound respect, for opening up a whole new world to her. (And I don't just mean his universe.)

I've started posting occasionally, rather than lurking, but by the time I get round to expressing my opinion, I find that my feelings have often been expressed by someone else, but still, I love coming here, just to see what everyone else is thinking and feeling.

Probably more than you guys ever needed or wanted to know, but there ya have it. :D

Edited by Sun and Moon

Guess this is as good as any a place to start! My fascination for A Song of Ice and Fire began when I grabbed A Game of Thrones over a year ago. I didn't touch it for a week, but just four days after picking it up I was already onto A Clash of Kings! School did get in the way after that, but managed to read all five books in just over a month and now religiously follow the HBO series. Unfortunately for me, only a few people where I live have seen the show, fewer still are reading the books and absolutely no one is as caught up as me! So, rather than try to carry on a conversation without spoiling everything for my friends, I decided to join up here so I can talk about Game of Thrones with people that love it as much as I do!