Introductions

Ran

Hello. I’ve come to this forum a few times through search engines when trying to piece together some of the mysteries of the AGoT. I’ve found this place to be a great resource as well eye opening since so many people will have different opinions or viewpoints on the story than I do. Finally one day as I was reading through a thread I could no longer stand not responding to someone’s post so I joined up. Didn’t realize this intro thread existed or I would have come here a bit earlier. I’m from the southside of Chicago (Go Bears and White Sox!) and this is the first online forum I have ever joined.

Anyways, I only got into the AGoT universe in October 2012. Some of my siblings were huge fans of the show and kept telling me that I need to watch this. I enjoyed fantasy and sci-fi when I was younger, but as I got older and into sports, girls, and general debauchery I stopped paying much attention to anything from this genre. It’s now over 20 years later and through the urging of my siblings and particularly my older brother I began to slowly get back into it. Okay, it wasn’t all that slow. Once my brother lent me the first season of AGoT it took me two days to watch all of those episodes and I was hooked. After that I went out and bought the books and despite my hectic work schedule and busy personal life I went through the first 4 books in two months. As soon as ADwD came out I went out and purchased it and read it within a week. After that I purchased season two of AGoT and had caught up on everything on the show. Since this season started I began rereading the books and am currently rereading AFfC.

Look forward to chatting and getting to possibly know some of you here.

Hi from the philippines! Been lurking for quite some time now and i guess it wouldnt hurt posting here.

I really enjoy reading Show comments and all the mind blowing theories people have. Its my go-to when im bored with school stuff.

minor characters are my fave! (Hurrah Podrick Payne! Lol)

Well, this seems like a good place for a first post.

Hello everyone! I'm a college student from the U.S. I first read the series about two years ago, and I caught up with the show in time to watch season three as it comes out. Now that the semester has ended I am about to embark on my first re-read of the books. I thought it would be great to talk to other fans while I read, so here I am!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

Edited by Summerfell

Well hello there!

I am Tomas from Slovakia. Started to read books 2 years ago and it had nothing to do with the TV Series. I didn't even know about it (I found out when I was already 100 pages into ACOK). Just started re-read, so I can get more into the theories and other stuff. I hope to have much fun here :)

Stay safe

Tom

P.S. : All hail George R. R. Martin, the one true king of Seven Kingdoms!

Hi

I'm John live in a needlessly obscure place in the UK, but I'm originally from Leicestershire

History student specializing in medieval history, (so I never understood why GoT was moaned at for being overly violent)

Far to much interest in politics

Big fan of hiking,cycling, video-games and reading.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and glad I finally found a place to discuss GoT as none of my friends are either interested in reading the books or at least watching the series. I got hyped some time ago when I got ASOIAF for my birthday and couldn't stop reading until the last pages of ADWD. I lurked here for some time now and finally decided to sign in.

Oh, and sorry for my crappy English, as you'd imagine I'm no native speaker. I read and listen without any problems but I'll be old and grey before I ever get the grammar right. I try nonetheless.

Greetings, Mikado

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and glad I finally found a place to discuss GoT as none of my friends are either interested in reading the books or at least watching the series. I got hyped some time ago when I got ASOIAF for my birthday and couldn't stop reading until the last pages of ADWD. I lurked here for some time now and finally decided to sign in.

Oh, and sorry for my crappy English, as you'd imagine I'm no native speaker. I read and listen without any problems but I'll be old and grey before I ever get the grammar right. I try nonetheless.

Greetings, Mikado

Greetings and welcome to Westeros, Mikado.

So far I'd say your English is perfect, but I'm no native speaker myself either :)

I hope you have lots of fun in the forums!