Introductions

Ran

Hello, my name is Tiffany,

I'm a 24 year old living in central MO, and I sought after this board since none of my friends are really into GoT/ASoIaF. I'm currently on my first read of the books and just started ADwD. I also have a crush on Sandor Clegane, shh...

Aside from ASoIaF, I'm an avid gamer, I work as a computer tech, I photograph insects for fun, and I pretend that I enjoy working out.

Greetings and welcome to Westeros, Mikado.

So far I'd say your English is perfect, but I'm no native speaker myself either :)

I hope you have lots of fun in the forums!

Hello, Mikado!

Be welcome here.

Thank you for your welcoming.

Hi :) I have lurked a bit before finally mustering up the courage to register because I really, really love to talk about the show and the books, and my husband has reached his limit of how much yapping he wants to hear on the subject. I am 32 and was raised and still live in the southern US, where it's hot and sticky and bible-belt-y and toddlers own guns. I'm a big fan of horror; I like weirdness, whimsy, art, media, kink, and the darker side of life.

I am a bit intimidated because I know this is a fandom that has been around for a some time, and while I've been with the show since it first aired, I only recently picked up the books, simply because I became so enamored with the show that I needed something to tide me over when it's not on.

Like Tiffany, I'm a big fan of Sandor, but there are many characters in the series that I find to be very interesting, complex, and entertaining. I also tend to enjoy the show a bit more than the books because I work in/am interesting in film production and whatnot, and while it's not the case that I don't read---I read a lot, but I tend to read more non-fiction than fiction---I gravitate more towards visual media, because that's what I love to do!

Anywho, like I said I am intimidated, so I figured I'd start with the Introductions thread since that's an easy way to get a toe in! But I am looking forward to joining the varied and passionate discussions here.

Hey everyone. My name is Maria. I've been lurking around the forums for a while but I'm still not finished reading all the books and I hesitate to post based on just the show. My favorite characters are Arya and Varys but I also love Dany.

My family is from Greece but I'm in graduate school in New York studying ancient languages and archaeology. I love all things ancient and past. I also especially enjoy languages - ancient and modern. Praying for some more clarity on Dothraki and High Valyrian in the next books! ;)

I started watching the Game of Thrones series in 2011 when it first came out but didn't actually get around to reading the books until last month. Looks like I've been missing out because they are riveting! I started A Dance With Dragons today and I'm already about 150 pages in. Should be all caught up by the end of the weekend.

Anyway, while my boyfriend watches the tv show with me, I don't think he'll willingly tolerate any more ASOIAF rants from me, so here I am. This place looks great! :)

Edited by Flame and Shadow

Hello everyone! I used to be seastarr, but I am having a new digincarnation as Cedna--long story. Anyway I am happy to be back on the Board and starting fresh. It has been about four years since I've been here. Love the series, of course, and love a place to discuss with intelligent, interesting folks.

Edited by Cedna

Morning new Westerosi!

Please stay and give us some fresh perspectives 'round here, but I notice a lot of people mentioning [stuff about] discussing the show. Note that there is a GoT Gen Chat as well as this general Gen Chat.

Edited by Sci-2