Introductions

Ran

Hello, My name is Wat and I am an addict.

hello Wat.

My reading addiction has come between friends and family members. It has lost me jobs and alienated people. I come before you a helpless girl caught in the tidal wave of a song. I suffer as you suffer awaiting the next installment of Ice and Fire.

*polite applause*

Thank you.

:read:

Nice to meet you! So glad to know we are not alone in this suffering!

Edited by iambubbaq

Hello, My name is Wat and I am an addict.

hello Wat.

My reading addiction has come between friends and family members. It has lost me jobs and alienated people. I come before you a helpless girl caught in the tidal wave of a song. I suffer as you suffer awaiting the next installment of Ice and Fire.

*polite applause*

Thank you.

:read:

A fellow addict - welcome!

Hi all!

I've been a lurker for over a year and finally decided to register. I discovered ASoIaF after watching GoT on HBO and have since read all the books twice. I love reading all the theories (even the crackpot theories) in the forums.

I'm a high school English teacher and live in Florida.

Hello! I'm Sophie I'm 17 and from the uk.

I've been lurking around here for a while now but only just signed up , I'm currently reading ADWD but I've basically looked at spoilers for the whole book because I couldn't handle the suspense (I have no self control)

As you can probably tell my favourite character is Asha Greyjoy , she is just everything I ever wanted in a fictional character.

Looking forward to reading the theories on here :)

Hello everyone!

i joned the forum yesterday after looking through it and seeing how involved and in depth the members are about it!. Only recently got into and become a fan in all honesty! watching the first series, flying to Egypt on monday so deabating purchasing the first book, is this advised or do one or the other?

i look forward to posting some more and meeting new people!

p.s how do i upload a profile picture? it just says i dont have access as does a few other sections of the forum....

Welcome Stark_Death, Queen Asha, & Bale_The_Ranger- don't be afraid to get involved with your own opinions and theories.

Bale- if you are planning on watching the series and reading the books, it doesn't really matter which you do first. From an economic standpoint, in the US buying the boxed set of the first four books is about the same price as buying the season 1 DVDs.

About your profile pic, check the Help forum.

Hello from another newbie!

I got into ASOIAF after watching GOT, I binged on the first two seasons and then read up to AFFC by the start of the third season.

I am now kind of obsessed with these books, and need an outlet in which to discuss them as I have no one IRL to do this with! I realise that I need to steer clear of most of the forums to avoid spoilers before i finish ADWD though.

It is killing me having to bite my tongue around friends about what is coming up at the end of this season of GOT!

Hello, westeros.org .

I'm Werther, i'm a member of the association and site Garde de Nuit (the "french Westeros.org") since a while. I often use awoiaf and read some of the new theories of the english community, but i never sign in. Since Ep 9, GdN is invaded by a tons of TVshow wildlings, and the forum have some issues, so i have time to say "hello" :) .

In GdN, i manage the new re-read project and translate the CK2 mod with canons term (an the Gods know that the french translation of ASOIAF is really complex).

Regards, Werther.

Edited by Werther

Good morning westeros,

I've been a long time lurker, finally decided to sign up and participate. I'm a fan of the books and the show, making my way through a second read now and can't get enough.

This place is great and the outlet to discuss I need, the wife and friends watch the show but won't read the books and I'm so sick of having to 'spoiler tag' all my conversations with them.

I live in CO, work as an elec. engineer and am a dedicated crossfit athlete! Also am the nerdiest person I know and love it!

Hello everybody !

I read this forum everyday, and I never dared to register until now.

I read the first book of GOT, my uncle offered me it, and then, 3 years later, the show was on, and I started watching it, and loved it immediately.

I'm a student (college, politics and laws), I love cinema, series, reading, videogames, animes...

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome Newcomers! It's good to see our fandom growing. I especially appreciate our foreign language fans, thanks for making the effort.

Wolf Queen, the board is in performance mode right now, that could be your problem. You might try the Help forum- it's likely others are having similar problems.