Introductions

Ran

I loved the Pound Puppies. Thanks for that blast from the past. Also Welcome!! I've been here for about 4 years. It really has a great community here (It's why I keep coming back). Just be careful of spoilers. All aspects of the books and shows are extensively and thoroughly discussed. Though things are usually tagged as spoilers in the thread title. It can still be tricky. Hope you like it here.

I love spoilers so that is not a problem

I love spoilers so that is not a problem

That's good, You should feel at home then. Me, I hate spoilers. I'd rather not know what is coming. And experience the sweet pain to it's full extent. Also I really prefer to be afforded the opportunity to figure things out for myself. It's probably just as well I started reading the books 14 years ago. Or this place would feel like a minefield to me. :)

Hello everybody. After being introduced to the GoT TV series by a friend not so long ago and promptly getting hooked, I decided that amidst the most important exam period of my life that it would be a good idea to buy ASOIAF book set from Amazon. It didn't take long before revision breaks consisting of reading the books turned into reading breaks consisting of minimal revision. May have ruined my chances of earning myself a decent living, but it was totally worth it.

Anyway, I have been in serious lurk mode since joining the forum a little while ago for numerous reasons. Firstly, I joined before I had finished the books (possibly around the time I had got ahead of where the TV series was at that point). Obviously this restricted me to only daring to venture into certain sections, but even despite this caution I somehow managed to spoil something pretty major for myself out of hapless curiosity. The following rage that ensued ensured that I kept my distance for a few books until I felt it necessary to come back to help my understanding with a book I found semi difficult to interpret compared to those that came before it. Secondly, some of the theories people have forwarded here are nothing short of amazing, and I find myself spending endless amount of time sieving through posts being convinced by a certain point and then convinced otherwise. Finally (ties in with the previous point), I have lurked out of pure intimidation. I don't think I have ever came across a forum with such knowledgable, passionate and dedicated members. Some of the theories I've read baffle me. The connections people make between seemingly insignificant details and lengths they will go to in finding evidence for their case is amazing. Being somebody that has only had the luxury of one complete read through, reading through all these theories has helped me a lot in making connections I had not previously given a moments thought aswell as telling me things that have happened that I completely missed or misinterpreted. And whilst previously I have felt "unworthy" in being able to make any sort of contribution without making a complete tit of myself, I feel as if now I have enough knowledge and confidence to put forward some of my own thoughts and inklings on the chaotic world of Westeros.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy some more crackpot theories and embark on my first re-readathon.

Hey all, General Goose/Gianni here. Politics nerd, aspiring writer (of the non-annoying kind, I hope) and gamer. Also ASoIaF/GoT fan, although that should be obvious by my presence here. Read the first two books in the series, seen most of the series, and generally love the world of the series.

Hello everyone!

I'm a Swedish guy who loves Game of Thrones. Before the show I had not heard about ASOIAF in any details but I was hooked on the show from the first scene. I guess you could say it was the kind of series I was looking for per se.

And from the show I bought the first book which I like as well. I'm a slow reader but it's very very good.

Hi everyone

Complete newbie here! I just finished the 5th book of ASoIaF, and I just had to keep on reading about that whole world and learn if anyone had any idea what would happen to certain characters. That's how I got on this forum, and discovered so many theories and heated debates that I simply couldn't stay inactive and only read them.