Introductions

Ran

Hi all! My name is Rachi, and I'm a long time lurker :blushing: .

I have to confess that these forums have become an integral part of my nightly bedtime ritual - I can't seem to beat my insomnia unless I curl up in bed with my laptop/phone and browse through theory threads for a while.

I wanted to offer MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF GRATITUDE to you all for creating such interesting threads to read, and for pointing out the many things that still escaped me after my very, very many readthroughs of the books. I love having the opportunity to geek out over the series - even if it's privately, at 3am- and really enjoy engaging with the texts on a new level.

Anyway, I'm off to do my nightly thing, so thanks again! I hope that I will have something interesting to contribute one day, and pay it all forward.

x Rachi

Also, I promise that I actually do have a life. Mostly.

Hello, newb here. I'm Dynysia (or Rebecca if you prefer). I bought all the books when the first season of the show came out and am only just now getting around to reading them. I'm about halfway through aGoT. I figured this would be a good place to go if and when I have questions about the series. My non ASoIaF interests are screwing around on the internet, watching television, playing with my cat, playing Skyrim. General nerd stuff.

Greetings I am the niece of a board member and just wanted to join up to see what all the excitement was about! I am Rocksniffer's niece and love him dearly but don't share all of his ideas. So it will be interesting to get to know the people he cares about on my own terms. My words are - if winter is coming let's all buy coats...and now the fun begins

Hullo. I've been reading the forums for a little while, so must confess to lurking.

I've read all the books to date and I'm doing a re-read at the moment. I'm stunned at how much more there is to take out the text and as a 'quick' reader I'm realising that I do have to slow down rather than devouring chapters quickly.

I love the theories on the forums and I'm amazed at the level of analysis from some of the posters. I do like a good crackpot theory now and again too.

I'm also a fan of the show, but accept that it will be different to the books and can see the logic in some of their changes.

Anyway.. Hopefully I'll get confident enough to post on the boards soon

Greetings to all

I just finished reading aDwD and I believe it is time for me to start discussing the series with people and of course acquaint myself with the various theories and analyses that you guys have no doubt made ( couldn't help myself earlier and I got a few spoilers BUT it all makes sense to me now ) :D

I can honestly say that this series has gotten me addicted, so I must needs discuss it until my eyes fall from their sockets or preferably until tWoW is released ( hopefully soon ).

So, I suppose I will see you guys on the forums :)

Cheers