Introductions

Ran

Hey folks,longtime watcher on here and just decided i should actually sign up at some point.

Only been a ASOIF since the Game of thrones was first aired,but im a big fan now,currently on my second reading of the novels,just started DwD.I have to say i do find the books far more entertaining than the show,but then again i love the show too.

All in all i just want to thank everybody for giving me my fix on here,fantastic site and keeps me entertained. =)

Hi, everyone! I just noticed this thread and realized I didn't introduce myself (been stalking the General Asoiaf threads mostly). I'm Spragues, from Oregon, and honored to be a part of this forum. I can't believe how much I've learned about this world from the various threads. Great to be here!

Greetings all,

Been a lurker for a few months, and a fan of the series for sometime now. Discovered the first three books a fair few years back in a second-hand shop, loved them, and Feast wasn't out. I kind of forgot about them, re-reading the first three from time to time, then the HBO show happened and re-brought the series to my attention. I've now just finished my third 'complete' re-read (like I say, first three are old hat), have settled into enjoying the show and accepting it as different and have successfully distilled a love of ASOIAF in a large group of my friends (we just had a weekend that included several games of the Fantasy Flight Games boardgame)

I've just finished a degree in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, so I'm hoping you'll like my thoughts when I get round to writing them coherently.

So yes, nice to be here as a poster at long last!

Hello everyone,

I am currently on my second reading of the entire set of books (well, the entire set of released novels) and I love the show for the distillation that it is. I am so fascinated by the world that GRRM made so all I ever really want to talk about it ASOIAF. I found the site while doing research on the R+L=J "theory" ( :leer:) and finally decided to pull the trigger on signing up and get active rather than lurking about everyday. Lastly, I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with people as obsessed with ASOIAF as I am!

Hi all,

My name is Graeme and I just joined today. I'v been an admirer of George R. R. Martin's books for some time now but only recently found out about this forum. I'm happy to be here. I looks like there are lots of fun things to discuss. I have read all the books and seen all the TV shows, and like to catch George's blog every few weeks, so it's great to now be involved in a larger discussion group.

See you around

:)

Hello everybody.

My names Philip and I'm an addict.

A SoIaF addict that is. ;)

Seriously though i love these books and this world that George Martin has created.

I want to talk and dissect these books with everyone i meet. It's incredibly frustrating because it seems like everyone i know has never read these books or is even interested in reading them. I'm glad forums like this exist so i can at least see what other people think.

Favorite pov is Arya. Her path has been so tough and as dark as things look, i hope she can find some peace

Hi Philip,

I find that interesting. Here (Winnipeg) it seems everywhere I look I see someone reading one of the SoIaF books. Must just be catching on like wild fire here. I too am so happy to find somewhere to hunt down some good conversation on my favorite series and favorite author.

:)