Introductions

Ran

Hello all from Melbourne.

Can anyone give me info regarding avatars? Got one pic that should be the right size but can't use it. Anywhere online I should go?

Actually, nvm, got one. Gandalf leading the way through Moria ;)

Edited by SoftSpell

Figured why not. I'm an 18 year old Game of Thrones fanatic who's taken his passion for the books and show to the next level and created a Game of Thrones Blog.

I'm new to these forums but no doubt this time next year I'll be recognised as a reputable member of this community.

I also have aspirations to one day set-up my own Game of Thrones Forum.

Hey, everybody. I've been totally & unapologetically obsessed with A Song of Ice & Fire and the Game of Thrones TV show for well over a year now (it's seriously a running joke with my friends and family). I've finished all the books & seen all three seasons of the TV show. I've read so many amazing theories on these forums over the past few months and have subsequently formed a few of my own (most are crackpot lol). You guys have given such valuable insight into the series & what could potentially come, so I couldn't resist joining these forums!

Here's to being officially part of the fandom!

Hello fellow addicts. I'm new to the forum and, contrary to most of the boarders, I wasn't lurking before. I have just recently finished ADwD so I was purposefully avoiding anything relevant to GoT. I'm already having a delightful time in this forum, already liked some people, and I hope this will go on. While I finished the books in a quite fast timespan, I was thinking of starting them anew. At the same time I started doubting my sanity until I joined this forum.

Kudos to all!

I am a 23 year old expat living in the Philippines. Am a huge fan of GRRM and wanted to get new insights about what other fans thought about the books.

Expat American? I am a Filipino-American who visits my brother in Manila about once a year...

I've seen so many of these threads on so many forums.

It always ends up as some avenue of lonely people trying to find the people that are looking for acceptance.

I haven't introduced myself.

I am a very shy person that looks for intellectual connection on the internet. I like the way I look when I put hair color in my hair when it jibes when the costumes I have constructed.

I also hide weapons inside my costumes.

If someone in my life threatens me, it's go time.

Aside from that fiction...

... I am a married man that is an IT professional and has also learned a second language, has become an apt marksman, and knows the wildlife in his area.

Hello.

I figured I should introduce myself. I have been reading the forum for a few months and kept telling myself I'd join when I had time to properly read through some of the threads. Now I've been struck down by a tooth infection and am off work sick, I finally have some time.

I've been obsessed with A Song of Ice and Fire since my hubby got me the series one box set. He did however completely ruin the surprise element for me by saying

"that woman ends up with some dragons",

when I first saw Dany. Most of our conversations end up being about ASoIaF.

The obsession has gone a bit OTT as I'm getting a ASoIaF themed tattoo next week and have convinced my 4 year old to name her kitten King Stannis. I have however recruited half my workplace into viewing the show and reading the books.

Oh and I'm 28 and live in yorkshire with my husband, two daughters and King Stannis.

Edited by Sonnet

Hello, I first saw the TV series and became a big fan. After season 3 got over I felt like knowing more about the world created by GRRM. So I started reading the books and now I am about to finish A Feast For Crows and very soon the 5th one also. I am eagerly waiting for the 6th book. Does anyone have an idea when it will be published ?

Hello all,

Even though I'm the noobiest noob that ever noobed before, as far as the forum goes, I'm on the FB page & had the pleasure of meeting & partying with a lot of you at LoneStarCon. I'm now eating lunch at work, thinking about how much fun Worldcon was, & wondering how the heck I'm going to get my rear end to London next year. However, I'm looking forward to using the time between cons to finish reading the series and starting on some new costumes. Happy to be here in the meantime & for the opportunity to get to know the BwB peeps better. Cheers! ~m.