Introductions

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Fàilte, Beathag!

:cheers:

I love Gaelic, although I only know some sentences (in Scot's Gaelic actually).

I love Gaelic, too. I don't know more than a few words, and I am sure I would mispronounce anything but Pradraig. Maybe I will lean a little when the Outlander series comes out. My son is enrolled in Japanese, so I hope to learn that, as well.

I love Gaelic, too. I don't know more than a few words, and I am sure I would mispronounce anything but Pradraig. Maybe I will lean a little when the Outlander series comes out. My son is enrolled in Japanese, so I hope to learn that, as well.

Japanese is great. I found Katakana and Hiragana charts on the internet.

Hey everyone!

I had never heard of ASOIAF until the airing of Season 1 of the series. After watching, I promptly caught up on the novels. Shortly after, I found this forum and, like many others, lurked for a while.

My husband and I are musicians and are working on an album of Ramin Djawadi's GoT themes arranged in a cinematic Western style. Feel free to check it out:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/101649-game-of-thrones-western-style-musical-arrangements/#entry5264220

Edited by Merryfeather

@Meryfeather,

Welcome to the board!

My husband and I are musicians and are working on an album of Ramin Djawadi's GoT themes arranged in a cinematic Western style. Feel free to check it out:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/101649-game-of-thrones-western-style-musical-arrangements/#entry5264220

Great stuff!

Hey everyone!

I had never heard of ASOIAF until the airing of Season 1 of the series. After watching, I promptly caught up on the novels. Shortly after, I found this forum and, like many others, lurked for a while.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hello,

Jacen Weyne here. I am a big fan of the A Song of Ice and Fire series and of the Game of Thrones television series. I first watched the Game of Thrones when season 1 came out, and then I decided I would have to buy and read the book. Did that, loved them.

I am very interested in the theories and mystery surrounding the novels. I have been lurking around this forum, and the wiki, for a while to read the theories and I think they are fascinating.

Anyway, glad to be here now and to meet other fans.

:read: Hi!

Long-time lurker here (I registered over a year ago but had been lurking anonymously before that for a while). I saw that someone had visited my profile, so why not introduce myself? I'm 28, from Finland, a university student and a mother of one. :) I read these forums a lot, but often I don't post, mostly because everything has already been said or I just don't have enough time to post.

My husband made me watch the HBO show a couple of years ago, from episode 1 I was hooked. I watched seasons 1 and 2 and just had to read the books too. I managed to avoid spoilers and I'm happy about that, I only read the "still reading" forums then. Now I've read all the books twice and currently thinking about a third reread. ^_^ I enjoy listening to the audiobooks read by Roy Dotrice. The third season of the show was a dissappointment to be honest, maybe because I already read the books? Who knows. Well, I'm looking forward to the next season of the show anyway, while waiting for the next book! Happy to be here. :)

Edited by asile

Hey,

Well hello everyone. Little about myself I'm a mom of two daughters, I have a home business, and I'm a gamer at heart.

wonderful to see other parents joining. I am answering because I note the similarity, I am a daddy of three, also working from home and happy spending most of the time with our kids as my wife commutes to work.
I also love games, in my early years I made some money selling German-style board games, but prefer the face-to-face variants.

Hei @asile

...from Finland...

I enjoy listening to the audiobooks read by Roy Dotrice.

so do I. I enjoy the effort he makes to varying the male voices by voice colouring and British accent. Read a lot of people who seem unhappy with that, so I think not being an English native helps enjoyment!

Hello. I'm a moderator on the french ASOIAF forum, La Garde de Nuit. I'm here to see how our dear neighbours talk about this great saga. I love especially the minor character ( Mathis Rowan and Rolland Storm are my heroes ), and I hate the TV show ( sorry ).

I'm 20 years old, student in litterature in Quimper, an armorican town, I love read, walk in woods, and talk about cultural things. Maybe too much ^^

Please forgive my lame english, I do what I can.

Hope to have good time here :)

No idea what that is, @fuem, but since I love reading your posts, you seem to be well integrated to the forum.

You're a knight, yay, are you in need of a squire?

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm a nurse fore the mentally unwell instead of dealing with the ill effects of the body i deal with ill effects of the mind