Introductions

Ran

Hello. I'm a moderator on the french ASOIAF forum, La Garde de Nuit. I'm here to see how our dear neighbours talk about this great saga. I love especially the minor character ( Mathis Rowan and Rolland Storm are my heroes ), and I hate the TV show ( sorry ).

I'm 20 years old, student in litterature in Quimper, an armorican town, I love read, walk in woods, and talk about cultural things. Maybe too much ^^

Please forgive my lame english, I do what I can.

Hope to have good time here :)

Bienvenue, Lord Kevan! (Es-tu un Lannister aussi? <g>)

Hi im geoff im a pysch nurse.

Welcome, geoff. :cheers: You do great stuff. You really do.

@Lord Kevan: Hello to the end of the world, then! :-)

Oh, you know it ? ^^

I love your forum La Garde de Nuit and am happy to see you here, too.

That's indeed a great forum, with a lot of sympathies between the members. I'm glad that you read us. Everybody is always welcome for take the black ;)

Bienvenue, Lord Kevan! (Es-tu un Lannister aussi? <g>)

Oui, je le crains :P

This forum is very different of the one I come from. More quick answer, more strange theories, more harsh chat, more ( really more ) members... I gonna like it ^^ ( also, what the people here have with feminism ? )

Thanks for the gentle welcome :)

Edited by Lord Kevan

Oh, you know it ? ^^

Technically, I should know all of France, most of my family now live in France and I have attended a French+German bilingual school for 8 years (and two Norwegian schools one year).

But shame on me, I have familiy living in Brest which are the best of people and I have Breton friends here, but I never made it to Finisterre. I also used to be near native speaker but after decades not speaking French it is hardship to get a few simple sentences in order. Life's been a bit of a struggle.

Hi! I am Juana from Buenos Aires, Argentina. My written English is not so good but I understand almost everything.

I started to read this wonderful books two years ago, I love them.

What else can I say? Mmm, I am 20 years old, I am studying anthropology at the University of Buenos Aires, I was a big fan of Anne Rice when I was younger and my favorite characters from asoiaf are Theon, Sansa and Jamie, in that order.

:D

Welcome @Babs / Juana to the forum.

Do you dance any Tango? :-)

I find it very remarkable you like to read Theon and Sansa.

I myself find Theon the hardest POV to read, due to the atrocious dread and cruelty he works himself and in turn has to endure.

Sansa, unlike so many other posters in this forum, I find a very refreshing counterweight to all the murderous characters that make up most of the story. Where we leave her at the end of ADwD, it is in a moment of strange suspense. Cannot wait to see how it works out for the crew of schemers that surround her, and how long Sweetrobin will survive their common journey.

Hi! I am Juana from Buenos Aires, Argentina. My written English is not so good but I understand almost everything.

I started to read this wonderful books two years ago, I love them.

What else can I say? Mmm, I am 20 years old, I am studying anthropology at the University of Buenos Aires, I was a big fan of Anne Rice when I was younger and my favorite characters from asoiaf are Theon, Sansa and Jamie, in that order.

:D

Welcome! :cheers:

Welcome @Babs / Juana to the forum.

Do you dance any Tango? :-)

I find it very remarkable you like to read Theon and Sansa.

I myself find Theon the hardest POV to read, due to the atrocious dread and cruelty he works himself and in turn has to endure.

Sansa, unlike so many other posters in this forum, I find a very refreshing counterweight to all the murderous characters that make up most of the story. Where we leave her at the end of ADwD, it is in a moment of strange suspense. Cannot wait to see how it works out for the crew of schemers that surround her, and how long Sweetrobin will survive their common journey.

I don't dance tango:p I agree with you, I really want to see what happens with Sansa!

Hello all. Kia ora tatou.

I am new here and also came late to ASoIaF. I have read the books once, last year, and hope to re-read soon. I have also watched the GoT series.

My name is Livus and I am from New Zealand.

This website looks great. No one I know in my daily life has read these books, so it is good for me to see so many people so interested in them.

This website looks great. No one I know in my daily life has read these books, so it is good for me to see so many people so interested in them.

The website is great fun for me. Same here, I know not a living soul who has read the books once, lest twice :-) or thinks there's gain in doubting what the POV tell us.

Welcome to the board, Livus, have fun!

Hello all. Kia ora tatou.

I am new here and also came late to ASoIaF. I have read the books once, last year, and hope to re-read soon. I have also watched the GoT series.

My name is Livus and I am from New Zealand.

Welcome, Livus! :cheers:

New Zealand is truly awesome. My nephew (and godchild) spent a year in your country. And he brought memories back home - so many beautiful pictures.

Hey guys, I'm a 12 year old from Canada. =)

I got the aSoIaF series on New Year's Eve, and I'm currently 400 pages into aCoK (roughly). I'm starting to dive into the TV series, and I'm halfway through episode 2.

Anyways, I found this forum after Googling 'who killed Jon Arryn', lol. Started to browse around, thought this forum was neat, and decided to join. :D

Welcome @RavenOfTheNorth.

Did you find the answer to your question? I understand it to be complex fellowship of complicits.

Is Lysa telling the truth?

Who provided the poison on whose orders?

Who applied the poison?

Who came up with the idea or original plot first? Was it really Petyr or wasn'it maybe Varys or Cersei off-page?

Does it make sense?

It is a freaking great puzzle.

Have fun with the forum but keep aware of spoilers for what you haven't read yet.

Hey guys, I'm a 12 year old from Canada. =)

I got the aSoIaF series on New Year's Eve, and I'm currently 400 pages into aCoK (roughly). I'm starting to dive into the TV series, and I'm halfway through episode 2.

Anyways, I found this forum after Googling 'who killed Jon Arryn', lol. Started to browse around, thought this forum was neat, and decided to join. :D

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Ravens are awesome.

Welcome @RavenOfTheNorth.

Did you find the answer to your question? I understand it to be complex fellowship of complicits.

Is Lysa telling the truth?

Who provided the poison on whose orders?

Who applied the poison?

Who came up with the idea or original plot first? Was it really Petyr or wasn'it maybe Varys or Cersei off-page?

Does it make sense?

It is a freaking great puzzle.

Have fun with the forum but keep aware of spoilers for what you haven't read yet.

Haha thanks for the question, and yes I did find what I was looking for. =) It's a bit confusing though so I'll just wait until all is revealed. xD

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Ravens are awesome.

Thanks for the welcome!

And yes, yes they are. ;)

Hi. I'm Andrew. I'm a 43 year old from Toronto, Canada. I started reading ASOIAF back in '97 (I think?) starting with the "Blood of the Dragon" novella in Asimov's and I've been a fan ever since.

I found this site after doing a Google search to see if there was anyone who hated Terry Goodkind's writing as much as I do. Once I found the site, I fell in love with the wiki and decided to join the forum.

I chose my username, because I was born in Jamaica, so I'm pretty damn close to a Summer Islander. :) My family moved to Canada when I was 1, so I don't sound Jamaican. If anything, people are always telling me I sound American. :mellow:

I'm a big fan of SF, comics, manga, and anime. I also write in my spare time, but I'm too much of a dilletante to be considered a real writer. It's more of a fun hobby, than anything else.

Thanks for your time! :cool4:

(BTW, this is my second post.)

EDIT: One extra bit of useless info. Peter Dinklage and I were born 6 days apart. He's June 11th '69. I'm June 5th '69. We're both vegetarians (last I checked). ;)

Edited by Andrew the Summerislander