Introductions

Ran

Hi. I'm Andrew. I'm a 43 year old from Toronto, Canada. I started reading ASOIAF back in '97 (I think?) starting with the "Blood of the Dragon" novella in Asimov's and I've been a fan ever since.

I found this site after doing a Google search to see if there was anyone who hated Terry Goodkind's writing as much as I do. Once I found the site, I fell in love with the wiki and decided to join the forum.

I chose my username, because I was born in Jamaica, so I'm pretty damn close to a Summer Islander. :) My family moved to Canada when I was 1, so I don't sound Jamaican. If anything, people are always telling me I sound American. :mellow:

I'm a big fan of SF, comics, manga, and anime. I also write in my spare time, but I'm too much of a dilletante to be considered a real writer. It's more of a fun hobby, than anything else.

Thanks for your time! :cool4:

(BTW, this is my second post.)

EDIT: One extra bit of useless info. Peter Dinklage and I were born 6 days apart. He's June 11th '69. I'm June 5th '69. We're both vegetarians (last I checked). ;)

We blame Canada for everything around here but welcome Andrew.

Hi. I'm Andrew. I'm a 43 year old from Toronto, Canada. I started reading ASOIAF back in '97 (I think?) starting with the "Blood of the Dragon" novella in Asimov's and I've been a fan ever since.

I found this site after doing a Google search to see if there was anyone who hated Terry Goodkind's writing as much as I do. Once I found the site, I fell in love with the wiki and decided to join the forum.

I chose my username, because I was born in Jamaica, so I'm pretty damn close to a Summer Islander. :) My family moved to Canada when I was 1, so I don't sound Jamaican. If anything, people are always telling me I sound American. :mellow:

I'm a big fan of SF, comics, manga, and anime. I also write in my spare time, but I'm too much of a dilletante to be considered a real writer. It's more of a fun hobby, than anything else.

EDIT: One extra bit of useless info. Peter Dinklage and I were born 6 days apart. He's June 11th '69. I'm June 5th '69. We're both vegetarians (last I checked). ;)

Welcome, Andrew! :cheers:

Hope you enjoy your stay on the boards.

Welcome to the forums :cheers: .

Glad to know you are a fellow vegetarian.

Didn't we use to blame Mad Aerys, Varys, Brandon, Rhaegar, Ned, Robert, Jon Arryn, Cersei, Jamie, Littlefinger and the Daltons Boltons for everything? Oops, wrong thread.

:lol: I thought we'd blame Pod. (At least, that's what I do when I type posts on my BB, and they get lost in the matrix. :leaving:)

Edited by Lord_Tyrion

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm looking forward to posting more. (Not tonight though. Just got back from work and I'm wiped.)

Hey Andrew,

good to see people in their middle of life joining the site, too.

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

Hey! I'm not in the middle! I'm just getting started! :lol:

I didn't realise this thread was here, sorry about that!

But, anyway...

I'm from Liverpool, England (but now live in Northern Ireland) and I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series just before Christmas and am hooked. I haven't yet watched the TV show as I want to finish reading book three before hand. I started reading after being told that the books were based heavily on the Wars of the Roses (an era my Masters was based on). I'm a medievalist through and through and this is actually a pretty damn good representation of the era (minus the dragons and whatnot). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with the theories once I'm caught up on the books.

Edited by Elliemental

Oops. I forgot to stand up and introduce myself to the class. Hi. I'm August. 30 y/o female from the US. I started the books in right after the first season of GOT and finished them shortly thereafter. A couple years later a friend and I were discussing it and I realized how much I had forgotten, so I read them again. That's when I realized how much I missed on the first read and started googling questions and found this forum. Love it.

Hey, you look away for a moment and lo - not one, not two, nay three newcomers. Welcome!

I haven't yet watched the TV show as I want to finish reading book three before hand ... Wars of the Roses (an era my Masters was based on). I'm a medievalist through and through and this is actually a pretty damn good representation of the era (minus the dragons and whatnot). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with the theories once I'm caught up on the books.

oh wow! A warm welcome @Elliemental, have a lot of fun with the forum!

Just finished reading A Dance With Dragons. I Can't get enough of this stuff ...

Welcome @Vraack. Enjoy the forum!

... so I read them again. That's when I realized how much I missed on the first read and started googling questions and found this forum. Love it.

Welcome Oneorobertsbastards, I also keep re-reading more-or-less continually as there are a number of unsolved mysteries and I am keen on nutcracking them. Have fun with the forum!

I didn't realise this thread was here, sorry about that!

But, anyway...

I'm from Liverpool, England (but now live in Northern Ireland) and I started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series just before Christmas and am hooked. I haven't yet watched the TV show as I want to finish reading book three before hand. I started reading after being told that the books were based heavily on the Wars of the Roses (an era my Masters was based on). I'm a medievalist through and through and this is actually a pretty damn good representation of the era (minus the dragons and whatnot). Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with the theories once I'm caught up on the books.

Hi. Just finished reading A Dance With Dragons. I Can't get enough of this stuff so I guess thats why I'm here.

Oops. I forgot to stand up and introduce myself to the class. Hi. I'm August. 30 y/o female from the US. I started the books in right after the first season of GOT and finished them shortly thereafter. A couple years later a friend and I were discussing it and I realized how much I had forgotten, so I read them again. That's when I realized how much I missed on the first read and started googling questions and found this forum. Love it.

Welcome to the boards, newcomers! :cheers:

Hello westeros!

I'm a guy in his mid 20's. I watched the 1st season of the HBO series a bit after it first aired. A couple of episodes in and I knew I was going to read the books, so I read all the books back in 2011 and like you, I fell under the spell of ASOIAF. I have been lurking this site on and off ever since and greatly enjoy reading all the theories and discussions you guys come up with.

I'm about to start re-reading the books and just got a couple of themed t-shirts. Can't wait to have people asking me about them! Thing is I really enjoy this world Martin created and finally decided to register here and share with fellow westerosi.

Oh, I should add English is not my native language so I apologize in advance for any mistake. Cheers!

Hi I'm Nymeros and I decided to join this forum to find interesting discussion with other aSoIaF fans. I have some friends that are also into the series but I have found our conversations on the topic lacking. This is also the first time I've ever joined a fan forum of any kind so I'm kinda excited to try something new. Currently I am rereading the series which gave me the impetus to come here as well. Nice to meet everyone