Introductions

Ran

Greetings, fellow inhabitants of Westeros!

I'm Butcher's Boy, another latecomer to the party that is Game of Thrones. I love the genre, and have always been interested in GOT, but for personal reasons which I won't get into, haven't got around to viewing it until I bought the Season 1 Blu-ray after Christmas. What a fantastic show! I have not read the books, and I'm debating about whether to start them or not with Season 4 nigh. (Any advice on this?)

As for the fantasy genre, I started reading the Dragonlance series back in the day. Larry Elmore and Ernie Chan (of the Conan magazine) stoked my passion to become a fantasy artist, which didn't quite come to fruition.

I now reside in Colorado after a long and distinguished career in the military, and I am thrilled to be along for the ride in this fantastic series! Thanks!

- Mycah

Welcome Mycah,

As I saw you read other books, why not read A Song of Ice and Fire?

The story in the books

is much richer, more colourful,

has many more plans, personal motivations and intrigue going round and

lets you see through near 50 pairs of eyes at the story developing.

In the books everyone has their own background leading to actions the other characters cannot understand easily.
The characters are all shades of grey; neither good nor bad, only reasonable and compassionate fellas with a story of their own.

So if you are open for a great intricatly intervoven mystery story told in several big books, go for it anyway.

Have fun with the forum.

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen

Greetings, fellow inhabitants of Westeros!

I'm Butcher's Boy, another latecomer to the party that is Game of Thrones. I love the genre, and have always been interested in GOT, but for personal reasons which I won't get into, haven't got around to viewing it until I bought the Season 1 Blu-ray after Christmas. What a fantastic show! I have not read the books, and I'm debating about whether to start them or not with Season 4 nigh. (Any advice on this?)

As for the fantasy genre, I started reading the Dragonlance series back in the day. Larry Elmore and Ernie Chan (of the Conan magazine) stoked my passion to become a fantasy artist, which didn't quite come to fruition.

I now reside in Colorado after a long and distinguished career in the military, and I am thrilled to be along for the ride in this fantastic series! Thanks!

- Mycah

Welcome, Mycah! :cheers:

I had a V:tM character called Myca a couple of years ago. He was a Tremere and his Final Death saved the coterie - and the country.

Hi all. My name is Helena, and I'm from Durham, in the NE of the UK. :)

Hey Helena, welcome and have fun with the forum!

Hi

Welcome @Jupiter, have fun!

Yo! Yo! Yo!

Out of the hospital and back on the board!

To whom it may concern, I'd love to have my old log-in back, but until then this will do.

Bonesy's back!

Welcome back, @Lord O'Bones Reborn, I know nothing but I'd try to message the board admins with your request.