Introductions

Ran

Nope, but I love Norse mythology. Heidrun was the great she-goat in Valhalla and mead flowed from her udders. My fiance and I just watched "Thor; The Dark World" last night and when Anthony Hopkins as Odin told Natalie Portman/Jane Foster that she was as out of place in Asgard as a goat at a banquet table, I explained to him that "The gods ALWAYS had at least 3 goats at ANY banquet table of theirs. Heidrun for the mead and Thor's goats Tanngrisnr and Tanngrindr (Tooth-gnasher and Tooth-grinder) had the unique ability to be cooked, eaten and resurrected so long as their bones were intact. Little disappointed that Marvel hasn't decided to show 2 giant goats in those movies ... but what can one do?

I'm actually a mish-mash of Eastern Europe: Polish, Ukrainian & Russian. Although Poland and Russia were settled by Norse tribes from Sweden. My late husband was German/Austrian and Blackfoot Indian, so my last name is German. And most of my goats are of Swiss breeds: Saanens and Alpines.

Thanks for the welcome, Lord Tyrion! :cool4:

Nope, but I love Norse mythology. Heidrun was the great she-goat in Valhalla and mead flowed from her udders. My fiance and I just watched "Thor; The Dark World" last night and when Anthony Hopkins as Odin told Natalie Portman/Jane Foster that she was as out of place in Asgard as a goat at a banquet table, I explained to him that "The gods ALWAYS had at least 3 goats at ANY banquet table of theirs. Heidrun for the mead and Thor's goats Tanngrisnr and Tanngrindr (Tooth-gnasher and Tooth-grinder) had the unique ability to be cooked, eaten and resurrected so long as their bones were intact. Little disappointed that Marvel hasn't decided to show 2 giant goats in those movies ... but what can one do?

I'm actually a mish-mash of Eastern Europe: Polish, Ukrainian & Russian. Although Poland and Russia were settled by Norse tribes from Sweden. My late husband was German/Austrian and Blackfoot Indian, so my last name is German. And most of my goats are of Swiss breeds: Saanens and Alpines.

Thanks for the welcome, Lord Tyrion! :cool4:

Thank you for the explanation. =o)

Btw. Please do not forget the underscore. There is another "Lord Tyrion" around here, but I am the Spam King "Lord_Tyrion".

Edited by Lord_Tyrion

Hi everyone! My name is Guillermo, from Spain. I'm reading the books in English (I'm just finishing the 4th) What else? Oh, I've never watched the TV series... I admit this is unusual :D My plan is to watch all the season when I read ADWD.

Welcome to the boards, Alcoyirion! :cheers:

Hi everyone! My name is Guillermo, from Spain. I'm reading the books in English (I'm just finishing the 4th) What else? Oh, I've never watched the TV series... I admit this is unusual :D My plan is to watch all the season when I read ADWD.

Hey Alcoyirion, you're going to love the series :) have fun and can't wait to see you around the forums.

I haven't introduced myself yet, but better late than never...

I'm 24, I live in Germany, came here about 15 years ago with my family. I was born and raised in Egypt. I have been a reader of fantasy literature basicly since I was taught to read... ASOIAF is my all time favorite.

I'm a science student, love to party and listen to electronic music... I've been playing volleyball for many years, but have neglected it lately....

I did not know this forum existed for a long time... so I am happy that I found it and so many people that love the books as much as I do....

Valar morghulis

I haven't introduced myself yet, but better late than never...

I'm 24, I live in Germany, came here about 15 years ago with my family. I was born and raised in Egypt. I have been a reader of fantasy literature basicly since I was taught to read... ASOIAF is my all time favorite.

I'm a science student, love to party and listen to electronic music... I've been playing volleyball for many years, but have neglected it lately....

I did not know this forum existed for a long time... so I am happy that I found it and so many people that love the books as much as I do....

Valar morghulis

Valar dohaeris.

Moin moin, Slyva. And welcome to the boards! :cheers:

hey everyone! I'm a longtime lurker, but figured it was time to start getting more active in the forums. I'm a 24 yr old former Army Brat currently living the the (best) state of Maryland. I got started in fantasy by reading the Hobbit, then Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter and now ASOIAF. I'm currently obsessed with all things GOT/ASOIAF to the point that I blog about it but I also love everything in popular culture (movies, books, tv). I'm currently an Intern (living the American dream.ha) slowly moving towards my goal of going to graduate school for clinical psychology. That's pretty much me in a nutshell