Introductions

Ran

Hey guys! I'm pretty new, been stalking a few weeks, so I figured I ought to introduce myself. My name is Lynn. I've been a part of discussion forums only once before and it was for the show LOST. Of which I am a frigging fiend. So I get a lot of the general rules and regulations of forum life. I am very glad to be here. I was a show-only fan until the end of the 3rd season. I read the aSoIaF series and would real love to read the other novels associated with Westeros also. (Any recommendations are where to start?)

As far as the actual forum goes, I only have one question thus far: I'm using the tapatalk app (mainly) and can't figure out how to create a profile picture. Any pointers?

Thanks for having me and for all the hard work dedicated to supporting our geekery.

Hi and welcome, I am also new.

I'd recommend Tales of Dunk and Egg. It is wonderful and it tells the story of 10 year old Aegon V and his travels with Dunk, his future Captain of the Kingsguard. Maester Aemon is a student at the Citadel (only mentioned), and in part three you can see a 4 year old Walder Frey.

The Princess and the Queen is excellent as well.

Thank you all for welcoming me.

Hi and welcome, I am also new.

I'd recommend Tales of Dunk and Egg. It is wonderful and it tells the story of 10 year old Aegon V and his travels with Dunk, his future Captain of the Kingsguard. Maester Aemon is a student at the Citadel (only mentioned), and in part three you can see a 4 year old Walder Frey.

The Princess and the Queen is excellent as well.

Thank you all for welcoming me.

DUDE thank you!!

Hello everyone, Pericles here. Long time lurker, first time poster, I am a huge fan of GoT. I am a history student at Lund University, 21 years old and an admirer of the Etruscans :) . Glad to be part of this community :) . :D

Welcome, Pericles, to the boards! :cheers:

Greetings,

I have become a fan of the TV adaptation of the story since buying season 1 on DVD last October at London's MCM. I have not read the books as yet but I have seen all of the TV episodes to date.

So my favourite characters are Dany for her strength in the face of adversity and Tyrion for his wit, cleverness and Eddie Izzard inspiration. Tywin is also a joy to watch -especially when Charles Dance is playing against Diana Rigg.

I am looking forward to seeing how this all pans out as the TV show is apparently diverting from the written works - in which case I can read them soon without spoilering it for myself.

Edited by LezliDax

Greetings,

I have become a fan of the TV adaptation of the story since buying season 1 on DVD last October at London's MCM. I have not read the books as yet but I have seen all of the TV episodes to date.

So my favourite characters are Dany for her strength in the face of adversity and Tyrion for his wit, cleverness and Eddie Izzard inspiration. Tywin is also a joy to watch -especially when Charles Dance is playing against Diana Rigg (having been a fan of The Avengers, her casting was a squee moment).

I am looking forward to seeing how this all pans out as the TV show is apparently diverting from the written works - in which case I can read them soon without spoilering it for myself.

Welcome, LezliDax, to the boards! :cheers:

Liking Tyrion and his Dad can't possibly be wrong at all. =oD

Hello,

I am an Irish fellow, my name is Máirtín, and I am a fan of the books . I am fortunate to live close to the filming locations for Dragonstone, Kingsroad, and the Iron Islands. This is a very good forum and I hope that I can contribute in some small way.

Hello everyone! Been lurking for ages but never dared joining in! Live in London and I am a huuuge fan of the show .... also catching up on the books atm....

Hello,

I am an Irish fellow, my name is Máirtín, and I am a fan of the books . I am fortunate to live close to the filming locations for Dragonstone, Kingsroad, and the Iron Islands. This is a very good forum and I hope that I can contribute in some small way.

Welcome, guys! :cheers:

I <3 Ireland.

Hello everyone! My name is Luke, but you can call me Glass.

I'm have not seen past season 2 or read any books. I'm currently on season 1 episode 10.

But my God so I love this series. It's just so enchanting! It intrigues me every episode.

So, in short, I'm not well-educated on this series, (but I know a lot of spoilers) but I really enjoy it.

Glad to finally be here!

Ha!

Thanks for the chuckle!

Hello, just wandering the vast corridors...

Bored.

If you see me again, I'll not be a fount. of Wisdom nor can I quote from the books backwards.

I just mosey around, giving an irreverent spin to everything I touch.

Just roll your eyes as I scroll past.

Still bored.

Time to go give the Web a Purple Nurple.