Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone! I'm Grace. I can't believe I haven't joined afoiaf before! I've lurked for a while, and I'm excited to be a part of the forum :)

I'm Athias. I'm a fan of the A Song of Ice and Fire series--as most here are. I've lurked for years, but never thought to join. I'm looking for a change of pace, so here I am.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Be welcome. :cheers:

P.S.: You could tell us a bit more about yourself.

I just finished reading Storm of Swords, and I'm totally obsessed with the books. I have been banned from watching the TV show, which I think qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. :(

My real name is Evie, I'm a girl, and reading is the best thing in the world for me.

Also, I like your username.

Edited by PG-13

I just finished reading Storm of Swords, and I'm totally obsessed with the books. I have been banned from watching the TV show, which I think qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. :(

My real name is Evie, I'm a girl, and reading is the best thing in the world for me.

Also, I like your username.

<chuckles> This is truly cruel and unusual punishment to ban you from watching the show.

Reading is also the best thing in the world for me.

Thank you for your kind words. =o)

My name's Svea, I'm female and I finally made a forum account.

Don't know why it took me so long but I like human history, geography, reading, video games and writing. I also come from Sweden and speak a lot of languages.

Edited by Stark'sBastard

Hi, I'm 40yrs old and I'm a little bit tipsy!

Thought it was time I said hi to you beautiful people!

Been nosy for far too long without saying "hi". It's rude.

Anyways, hi! You're all a little mad but simply amazeballs!

Have a wonderful weekend my lovelies...

Toodles!

Don't know why it took me so long but I like human history, geography, reading, video games and writing. I also come from Sweden and speak a lot of languages.

A happy welcome to you both. Hopefully you enjoy it here as much as I do. Edited by Hutch

Hi, I'm 40yrs old and I'm a little bit tipsy!

Thought it was time I said hi to you beautiful people!

Been nosy for far too long without saying "hi". It's rude.

Anyways, hi! You're all a little mad but simply amazeballs!

Have a wonderful weekend my lovelies...

Toodles!

Hey (I'll call you LH if your okay with that?)

I'm glad you came to join us, I hope you have a great time and that you stick around :D

Hey Svea, cool 'likes' lol I hope you enjoy the forum as well. Edited by Unencumbered

Hi, I'm Mari and I like to lurk because I'm majorly lazy when it comes to posting. I like to read and I watch too many tv shows to keep up with - or so other people think, but I keep up just fine. And on a completely irrelevant note, I'm obsessed with cats. o3o

Hi! My name is Erin. I have lurked here for some time, and after enjoying much of the discussions and theorizing, I've finally decided to sign up! :)

I love ASoIaF and have read the books and watch Game of Thrones. Other than fantasy and reading, my passion is history (particularly Irish and English history). I am currently considering graduate school. I'd like to be a professor one day.

Hopefully, I will actually post now instead of just lurking about. lol

Hi, I'm Mari and I like to lurk because I'm majorly lazy when it comes to posting. I like to read and I watch too many tv shows to keep up with - or so other people think, but I keep up just fine. And on a completely irrelevant note, I'm obsessed with cats. o3o

Hi Mari,

there are plenty of us cat obsessives around here! :) There are allegedly many TV related threads around if you're interested.

Welcome, Maricat! :cheers:

Hi KT! Nice to bump into you outside of TTTNE! ;)

Hi! My name is Erin. I have lurked here for some time, and after enjoying much of the discussions and theorizing, I've finally decided to sign up! :)

I love ASoIaF and have read the books and watch Game of Thrones. Other than fantasy and reading, my passion is history (particularly Irish and English history). I am currently considering graduate school. I'd like to be a professor one day.

I can certainly see how an interest in history would lead you to Westeros.org. If you don't find any history threads you could start one and you'll probably find plenty of others like you. (I like English history but know little).

Welcome, Lady Baelish! :cheers:

Hi KT! Nice to bump into you outside of TTTNE! ;)

Hey, HC!

I usually greet newcomers, you know. ;o)

And I do spend some time in GenChat.

Hello Everyone,

Another long-time lurker named Erinn wishing to introduce herself. Currently I reside in North Carolina, but am originally from Cleveland, Ohio and am a huge fan of the Browns and Indians (stop the snickering now, I can hear it :P ). But I refuse to give up faith that one day my one of my beloved teams will win a championship and banish once and forever the ghosts of "Red Right 88", "The Drive" and the "Curse of Rocky Colavito".

Like a lot of others, I came to the books via the show, and am just in awe of the world George has created! It really is a world in which you can lose yourself, something I desperately needed at the time. I had a three-year-old son and ten-month-old identical twin daughters and was really struggling with postpartum depression and the adjustment to motherhood. I really needed a "place" that I could just escape to, and reading the books and lurking the forums offered that to me.

Anyway, now that the little ones are getting a bit older and slightly more independent, I'm hoping to be more of a participant in the discussions and relinquish my lurker status. And I am so excited about attending my first con this weekend, ConCarolinas in Charlotte!

What else to say??? I love reading about history, especially as it relates to WWII. I'm also an obsessive fantasy football player, and love going to see live music when I can. And I'm really looking forward to contributing (hopefully something of use) to the board!