Introductions

Ran

Hello :)

Haunting the boards for a while, then felt I had to join. It's the conspiracy theorist in me, those things are just too interesting. That, and I know no-one in real life with whom I can have book discussions.

Nice to meet you all!

You have come to the right place - welcome!

Haunting the boards for a while, then felt I had to join. It's the conspiracy theorist in me, those things are just too interesting. That, and I know no-one in real life with whom I can have book discussions.

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome! :cheers:

I technically did this ages ago but I feel far more attached and involved in teh forum recently- I'm a recently finished med student/ recently qualified doctor from the UK. I love rugby, musicals and performing music in addition to books. I read ASOIAF because someone on a WoT site said they were basically necessary to read ages ago. I didn't get into the books until a fair way through Clash, now I love them of course. I also follow the show. I apologise for any flippancy or sarcasm, or pedantry and strong opinions, on my part

Thank you! :)

Unencumbered, the weird thing is that it's not the kind of show that I just completely obsess about and that I would stay up for until the middle of the night to watch it live. But it's strangely addictive? You just really want to know what happens next -- and if anyone actually survives.

I just started reading the first book... I heard that, even though the show is good, the books are much better. I've only read the first 150 pages so far but I like it already and it's interesting to see the differences between the book and the show. I also noticed that there are characters that I like in the book but not in the show. For example Jon Snow -- I like him in the book, at least in the small parts that he's had so far -- but in the show most of the time I just want to push him off that wall.

My favorite character is Jaime Lannister. I feel a bit morally compromised for liking him but I just think that he is a really interesting character, especially after you learn about his motovations behind the things he does. (Well, and he's pretty... but that has nothing to do with the fact that I like him... nothing at all...)

I also like Arya, Tyrion, Samwell and a few smaller characters.

Unfortunately there are a lot of characters on the show that I just don't care about because I feel like I don't know them at all. For example I didn't care about Robb Stark dying because I just didn't find him interesting at all. Maybe it's because I watched the show in such a short time. Hopefully it will be different when I read the books.

Hey, so sorry for the delayed reply. How are you doing?

Lol about Jon, :lmao: I'm not a fan of either but Kit is adorable :WUB:

Are you still on the first book? How are you liking it so far?

I agree that once you put in the time to watch the show, and find characters you like or can relate to, it's pretty addicting.... At least to me :D

I also agree with you about Robb, I didn't like him in the book/show either....

:dunno:

Wow! A lot of new members lately... :cheers: A hearty welcome to the boards to all newcomers from page 103 on (post #2150 and up to be precise!) that I overlooked. ;)

and

I technically did this ages ago but I feel far more attached and involved in teh forum recently- I'm a recently finished med student/ recently qualified doctor from the UK. I love rugby, musicals and performing music in addition to books. I read ASOIAF because someone on a WoT site said they were basically necessary to read ages ago. I didn't get into the books until a fair way through Clash, now I love them of course. I also follow the show. I apologise for any flippancy or sarcasm, or pedantry and strong opinions, on my part

Congrats! :D I've read a few of your posts, and haven't read anything unusually harsh in them.

Hey guys, Im new to this forums and Im a huge bookie fan and also admirer of the show ;) im a graduated Food Engineering student getting ready for my masters, living in Cyprus and aged 22 :)) nice to meet you all crazy fans ;)

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hello world,

My name is Blair, i'm a huge fan of the show. As far as the books go i just picked them up this past spring and i'm still on book 3..if only ASOIAF were the mandatory literature in school ><

My favorite characters are:

• Jon
  • Arya
  • Davos
  • Jamie
  • Tywin
  • Robb
  • Dany..although not so much lately she is starting to bore me.
Edited by Winters'chill

Hello world,

My name is Blair, i'm a huge fan of the show. As far as the books go i just picked them up this past spring and i'm still on book 3..if only ASOIAF were the mandatory literature in school ><

My favorite characters are:

• Jon

Arya

Davos

Jamie

Tywin

Robb

Dany..although not so much lately she is starting to bore me.

Yay! Tywin.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hey everyone, I've been having a look on this forum for about 2 months and I thought I'd finally sign up to have a go on it. I'm currently rereading the books as I've realized how thin my knowledge is of them. It's interesting seeing/comparing them to the TV series because there such different media's and complement each other very well. I'm a big fan of Tywin Lannister mainly due to him becoming the de-facto kingmaker in the series, something that often happened in History. At heart I'm a big fan of the North/Riverlands alliance, and I know that makes me pretty Vanilla.