Introductions

Ran

Hey, so sorry for the delayed reply. How are you doing?

Lol about Jon, :lmao: I'm not a fan of either but Kit is adorable :wub:

Are you still on the first book? How are you liking it so far?

I agree that once you put in the time to watch the show, and find characters you like or can relate to, it's pretty addicting.... At least to me :D

I also agree with you about Robb, I didn't like him in the book/show either....

:dunno:

Hello again! :)

I'm a bit slow at the moment, I've only read the first 440 pages so far... but I made a small detour to bookshop a few days ago and bought the second book.

I enjoy the first book a lot already, so I'm sure it was a good investment. GRRM's writing style is great, it's so vivid, you can picture everything so easily and all the characters seem real and fleshed-out. I just love it.

I can't wait to read the third book because I read that Jaime will become a POV character then. I'm a bit scared though that maybe I won't like him anymore once I actually see his point of you and maybe realise that his way of thinking doesn't match the way I had imagined... and that I've only been whitewashing him because I like him. Still, there are many characters that I enjoy and that I'm looking forward to. :)

I'm a bit slow at the moment, I've only read the first 440 pages so far... but I made a small detour to bookshop a few days ago and bought the second book.

I enjoy the first book a lot already, so I'm sure it was a good investment. GRRM's writing style is great, it's so vivid, you can picture everything so easily and all the characters seem real and fleshed-out. I just love it.

I can't wait to read the third book because I read that Jaime will become a POV character then. I'm a bit scared though that maybe I won't like him anymore once I actually see his point of you and maybe realise that his way of thinking doesn't match the way I had imagined... and that I've only been whitewashing him because I like him. Still, there are many characters that I enjoy and that I'm looking forward to. :)

"A Storm of Swords" is great. I'm rereading it at the moment.

Jaime's POV is also very well written. You'll enjoy it, I'm certain of that.

I heard that many consider Jaime's POV chapters to be the most enjoyable, along with Tyrion's. :)

Completely agree with you about Storm of Swords. It's brilliant. As I've said, I'm slowly rereading AFFC for the 3rd or 4rth time (lost track). I finished ASOS right before - and it seems to gain in power each time.

I heard that many consider Jaime's POV chapters to be the most enjoyable, along with Tyrion's. :)

meant to quote your previous post;

"I can't wait to read the third book because I read that Jaime will become a POV character then. I'm a bit scared though that maybe I won't like him anymore once I actually see his point of you and maybe realise that his way of thinking doesn't match the way I had imagined... and that I've only been whitewashing him because I like him. Still, there are many characters that I enjoy and that I'm looking forward to. :)"

Imo, Jamie's POVs are really good to great. I can only speak for myself, but I find Jamie's character gaining depth and interest as the story goes along.

Thank you, but if i'm totally honest its Charles Dance that made me like him. Book Tywin pales a bit in contrast :smug:

Charles Dance's performance in GOT is a tour de force (not sure I'm qualified to use that phrase, but it seems appropriate). Book Tywin doesn't get enough page time to be as impressive as Dance. He's more of a foil for his kids.

Thank you, but if i'm totally honest its Charles Dance that made me like him. Book Tywin pales a bit in contrast :smug:

Charles Dance is surely one of the greatest actors of our time. And I find it amazing that he nails this part without the knowledge of the books. He's played Lord Vetinari before, and I personally would cast him in roles like these. Of course, he's a Shakespearean actor - and that's great.

He holds a title that one of my best friends had when said friend was still alive and kicking. I was rather pleasently surprised to see that.

I'm kind of proud that I share a name with him. :smug:

But as much as I enjoy him acting that part I still see another face in my mind when I read the books.

I like

very much.

Book Tywin is a bit different of course - he's got more "time" so to speak.

Charles Dance's performance in GOT is a tour de force (not sure I'm qualified to use that phrase, but it seems appropriate). Book Tywin doesn't get enough page time to be as impressive as Dance. He's more of a foil for his kids.

Yupp. One could say that as well.

In me you find a supporter of these considerations. Along with my friend HC. :cheers:

Edited by King Tyrion I

Lol both HC & my King are right, ASoS is really great, even my favorite of the five books TBH

For you Jamie lust, :smug: to each his own lol

I think it's great you're reading slowly.... I made the mistake of rushing through and ended up rereading them all over again; I didn't realize how much I misses :uhoh:

So good job, and I hope you continue to enjoy them :D

Also I agree Mr. Martin paints a palate with such detailing words, it's like we are actually there! Lol I don't usually feel that way in books, but he does really well.

Hey Winter's Chill and Brydon Tully

Well, I have been here for a week or so, hope it's not too late to introduce myself. I'm an 18-year old chap from Finland, I have read the books and I'm a huge fan of Asoiaf and of course the TV-series. My favorite characters are Tywin, Sansa, Stannis, Ned :crying: Arya is a boss as well. And yeah Sophie Turner is awesome.

Cheers :cheers:

Well, I have been here for a week or so, hope it's not too late to introduce myself. I'm an 18-year old chap from Finland, I have read the books and I'm a huge fan of Asoiaf and of course the TV-series. My favorite characters are Tywin, Sansa, Stannis, Ned :crying: Arya is a boss as well. And yeah Sophie Turner is awesome.

Lol it's never too late to introduce yourself, as long as you want to do it :p

A pleasure to meet you Diablotion, I hope you enjoy the forum and keep watching and reading......

Sophie is awesome :WUB: it's one of those, I'm dumbfounded because you're so beautiful :D

How long have you been a fan? Have you read all of the books so far?

Welcome to the board! :cheers:

Sophie Turner is awesome indeed, as are Tywin and the Ned and Sansa.

Welcome!

As a Norwegian-American, I'm always happy to have more Scandinavians around. I have forum friends from Denmark and Sweden, and there was a previous Finn I seem to recall, but he hasn't been seen in some time.

Edited by Pollo de Uruguay

Hello,

My name is Seth and I am new here. I have been posting already, but as I just found this thread, I figured I would drop in and actually introduce myself. I finished ADWD almost a month ago now, but I didn't start the series until after I watched Season 3. After seeing the show, I deduced that if it was such an amazing show, the books must be way better. I couldn't have been more right. Before experiencing GRRM's work, Tolkien was my favorite author and The Hobbit was my favorite book. After reading ASOS, that quickly replaced Hobbit on my last and after finishing ADWD, I can say that personally I enjoy GRRM's writing style and consistency so much that he has taken the #1 spot from Tolkien on my list.

I now am starting to consider stopping watching the show depending on when the next books are released so I don't spoil anything for myself. I cannot get enough of this series. I think about it constantly at work and home and frequently discuss it with fellow book readers. What GRRM has done here is astounding and I'm happy to be a part of this community. A little more about me, I love photography and playing the drums. Music is a huge part of my life and Ramin Djwandi has done a fantastic job for the show. Hope to speak with all of you more on here.

Regards,

Seth

Hello,

My name is Seth and I am new here. I have been posting already, but as I just found this thread, I figured I would drop in and actually introduce myself. I finished ADWD almost a month ago now, but I didn't start the series until after I watched Season 3. After seeing the show, I deduced that if it was such an amazing show, the books must be way better. I couldn't have been more right. Before experiencing GRRM's work, Tolkien was my favorite author and The Hobbit was my favorite book. After reading ASOS, that quickly replaced Hobbit on my last and after finishing ADWD, I can say that personally I enjoy GRRM's writing style and consistency so much that he has taken the #1 spot from Tolkien on my list.

I now am starting to consider stopping watching the show depending on when the next books are released so I don't spoil anything for myself. I cannot get enough of this series. I think about it constantly at work and home and frequently discuss it with fellow book readers. What GRRM has done here is astounding and I'm happy to be a part of this community. A little more about me, I love photography and playing the drums. Music is a huge part of my life and Ramin Djwandi has done a fantastic job for the show. Hope to speak with all of you more on here.

Regards,

Seth

Hi Seth,

Welcome! :)

I liked what you wrote so I copied and sent it to my daughter. She likes the show, but didn't like GRRM's writing after reading a couple chapters. I've been telling her she's missing out.

Anyway - hope you have fun here. I do!

Hello everyone. I have lurked for a while and ready to participate.

My name is Vita and obviously I love GOT. I read the first book six years ago and was hooked since. I enjoy reading and writing and look forward to learning and sharing our love of this series! Thank you.

Vita

Hi Vita!

Welcome and have fun.There's a lot to do in Westeros. Personally, I'm geeking out about the World Cup. There are Westeros fans who also like sports - not a ton, but some.

They're here: World Cup forum

Edited by Pollo de Uruguay

Hi Seth,

Welcome! :)

I liked what you wrote so I copied and sent it to my daughter. She likes the show, but didn't like GRRM's writing after reading a couple chapters. I've been telling her she's missing out.

Anyway - hope you have fun here. I do!

Hi Vita!

Welcome and have fun.There's a lot to do in Westeros. Personally, I'm geeking out about the World Cup. There are Westeros fans who also like sports - not a ton, but some.

They're here: World Cup forum

Thanks so much. I do have world cup fever! My favorite teams are USA, South Africa, UK, and Spain. When it's not the WC season I support Real and Arsenal mainly.