Introductions

Ran

Hi there :)

First of all, I'm French, so please excuse my English ^^

I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones (no way ;p).

This forum is for me a way (to try) to improve my English and to discuss with some others fan.

(please feel free to correct me if necessary ^^)

I discovered GOT on TV, I read the book, but very slowly.

For the rest, I live in Geneva and I'm graphic designer :)

Greetings. I initially chose The Mad Cow as my username as a homage to the Mad King, but following the completion of my registration I realised it would instead be generally understood as a reference to the Mad Cow disease. :smug:

Oh well. I look forward to contributing to future discussions in the sub forums!

Hi TMC (we tend to acronyminize - just made up a word there I think - almost everyone's username here. But you can be Mad Cow or Cow or Maddie or whatever you want. Just let us know and we'll respect that),

I tend to be known as hc or chicken because my real username is honeyed chicken - a book ref, of course. The Pollo name is a temporary World Cup homage. Although people have been known to change usernames from time to time. You don't have to stick with what you have now. You could also maybe use your avatar to make clearer what you want your name to mean.

Have fun!

This forum is for me a way (to try) to improve my English and to discuss with some others fan.

Welcome!

You're the first French poster I've met. Otherwise Europe is pretty well represented: England, Scotland, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Croatia, Russia, India, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Dominican Republic, USA, Canada - and those are the ones I know of - there are sure to be many more.

I've been a fan of hers since she was in The Tudors. I LOVE HER!

Hi Sapphireghost!

Welcome to the land of ASOIAF worship! :D

Edited by Pollo de Uruguay

Bonjour ! Votre angalis est trés bon ! Je parle un peu français, j'ai étudié 3 ans à l'université. I read the books very slowly, too. ^_^ Welcome to the boards!

Thank you so much :)

The most important is that you can understand me I guess :D

I can't wait the next season !

On my to do list :

Read like 3000 pages

Votre français est aussi très bon je dois dire, bravo !

Bien venue ici! =o)

Tu habites à Geneve? J'ai été plusieurs fois à Berne et Zurich. La Suisse est sûrement belle.

J'ai fait des études de français il ya quelques années, et j'aime bien lire des livres en la vérsion originale. C'est pourquoi je parle le français et je l'aime bien.

Oui, j'ai rejoui d'être en Suisse. J'ai des amis à St. Gallen. Et j'ai un beau-frère suisse - il vient de Berne.

Si tu veux, je te donne ma main en amitié. =o) Je suis allemand.

Wow I'm ashamed, you speak French much better than I speak English :ohwell:

Yes je vis à Genève.

Did you like Switzerland ? :)

"Yes, I live in Geneve". Je crois que tu as voulu dire cela, n'est-ce pas? ;o)

Edited by King Tyrion I

I love all this language exchange! Reading your guys' posts allows me to practice reading and writing in French so I don't forget what I've learned. I can understand more than I realize, though I'll admit, I have a hard time with spelling past tenses and conjugations. And I always have to Google how to type accent marks on the keypad because I always forget what they are. :dunce:

I love all this language exchange! Reading your guys' posts allows me to practice reading and writing in French so I don't forget what I've learned. I can understand more than I realize, though I'll admit, I have a hard time with spelling past tenses and conjugations. And I always have to Google how to type accent marks on the keypad because I always forget what they are. :dunce:

Be welcome! =o)

Hello! I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had posted here before, but I just realised that I have 0 posts. I guess that I meant to post and then went to do something else...

I'm from Spain and before I started watching the show, the books were just another series in a long list of books to read. However, I put them at the top of that list after watching just one episode. It's pretty obvious who my favourite character is. He was my favourite in the books and he's awesome in the show as well.

All those French posts remind me that I should read more in French now that I have more free time.

Hello! I signed up a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had posted here before, but I just realised that I have 0 posts. I guess that I meant to post and then went to do something else...

I'm from Spain and before I started watching the show, the books were just another series in a long list of books to read. However, I put them at the top of that list after watching just one episode. It's pretty obvious who my favourite character is. He was my favourite in the books and he's awesome in the show as well.

All those French posts remind me that I should read more in French now that I have more free time.

Welcome, the Red-Viper24! What could possibly be your favorite character? :rolleyes: Have you read all the books so far?

¡Olé! Red-Viper24, ¡bienvenido'!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

There aren't a lot of places I really want to go, but Spain is on my short list. Glad to have you here.

Edited by Pollo de Uruguay

Welcome Lance!! Hope you have a great time here!

Natalie is indeed stunning! Do we have an appreciation thread here about all the beautiful women on GoT and wcw's? This is the wrong place!

Previews aren't indeed enough! They make me more "hungry" for the actual book...

ASoS of course, so many epic events happened then!

I haven't seen one, but if we had it..... It would be in the HBO Gen. Threads

WCW? Was it Wednesday? :lmao: she would be my crush everyday HA!

But yeah it would be there.....

And I know! All the spoilers do is kill my eager anticipation :p

Hey Four Eyed raven! That name :D lol perfect!

Welcome

I've been a fan of hers since she was in The Tudors. I LOVE HER!

I still haven't seen it :( oh and welcome :)

Red-Viper24 Welcome :D

Edited by Unencumbered

Hi everybody! I have been lurking here since the start of the fourth season of the show and now that i'm (almost) done with my exams i decided to join the community.

I love both the show and the books, and I am in fact an avid reader and a tv series addicted. ASoIaF has really everything I like in the fantasy genre, plus politics, drama and twist. What's not to love?

When an english friend of mine suggested me the novels and I started reading them, I thought I would stay at home with my nose in the books until I had finished them. Fortunately I managed to save my social life and even study a little bit. I'm currently in the process of re-reading the books, but this time I'm reading them in english and I'm enjoyng them even more (thank you GRRM for your prose!). I'm italian and our translation has been full of little and sometimes big mistakes (and I'm not going to talk about book covers), so I almost felt obliged to read them in english. And I can improve my english as well.

I actually hope to stick to the forum since I know myself and my hopeless shyness (both irl and even on the internet..) but from what I read you guys seem a really great and fun community, so I'm not that worried.

Hey Aptdando, :)

I'm interested in what was wrong with the book covers :D

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join and become apart of the ASOIAF forum community :D

I'm like you, I'm a fan of both the show and tv series and honestly I couldn't get enough when I started! Who are your favorite character(s) and house?

Sorry some stuff were lost in translation, :( though it sounds exciting, or just plan confusing..... Depending on what was altered. :p

Anyway, I'm glad you're able to reread everything in English.

Most of the people on here are easy enough to get along with so you should be just fine.

Until next time, have fun!