Introductions

Ran

SPOILERS

Hello my name is Eire, and I am new here. I have read GOT 1-4 and have started on book 5.

I wanted to post on this topic to write about the white walkers, and my opinion on seeing them in a kingdom with a king, (or priest) after picking up the baby.

This is just me speculating, so bear with me, and not everyone has to agree: Rather than have a white walker kingdom with a king, and so on, I always thought the white walkers were something more primitive. The white walkers are NOT human; anatomically they have humanoid features (except their exterior integumentay system) , but they are not humans. I always thought that the whitewalkers were more primitive in nature and acted similar in some ways to an undomesticated animal. Although, you can think of them as a pack , or a pride, and they seem to have an animal mentality versus the way a human psyche does. They do not seem to have an alpha , beta, omega, gamma , or zeta like a pack does, but psychology wise they are animals as they lack : mercy, and bliss that makes a human. Instead for the others these emotions are replaced with insticts that weigh heavily on dominance , and submissiveness. An example of this episode was the first season of the first episode when they let that guy go because he submitted. The white walkers understand/or sense that humans are different in their way of thinking , and so they exploit it , by acting on their fear.While the show may want to make them have a king, a city, and a palace is up to the show and G.R. martin,( and it is okay for them to put that there) but I think it is comparing them too much to the other houses of Westeros by doing it that way.

Tell me what you think please, I welcome all comments. I love the whitewalkers they are mysterious, and evil, - and I love it. I liked the entire episode and everything that we learned about the whitewalkers from it. Until I saw a kingdom , and a ruler- like they can have a god and a king, but I hope the show/books remembers they are not humans, and not to make them too general, and less mysterious, otherwise everything would feel very anticlamatic :bang:

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.)

Hi Eire, welcome to Westeros! :cheers:

Interesting post!

Some suggestions:

- I agree with Jon Weirgaryen that you ought to read ADWD before going too far into Westeros - there will be spoilers. However, most of what you discuss is from the show only - does not appear in any book so far. Allegedly, D&D, the show's producers have talked to George Martin about what's coming, so there is or will be some support in the books for what they are showing you on TV.

- you might read this article about the Others/White Walkers from the Wiki of Ice and Fire, I think it answers some of your points: Wiki on the Others/White Walkers

- you could post this as a new topic on the TV show forum. You'll get a wider audience and people there may be able to point you toward sources and hypotheses to consider. forum for TV show related topics

- have fun! :)

Edited by honeyed chicken

Hi!! My name is Griffin and, obviously, I'm new. I wanted to start here so maybe some people could help me find a little bit more of what I'm looking for. Two things mostly: theories, theories, theories. I have read through all of the books but none of the released WoW chapters, so I would love to get my hands on more speculative material. Also, it's sort of become an obsession, all things SanSan: Fics, theories, facts, anything.

If you have any ideas on where to go, that would much appreciated!! I'm happy to be here and thank you in advance!

Hi!! My name is Griffin and, obviously, I'm new. I wanted to start here so maybe some people could help me find a little bit more of what I'm looking for. Two things mostly: theories, theories, theories. I have read through all of the books but none of the released WoW chapters, so I would love to get my hands on more speculative material. Also, it's sort of become an obsession, all things SanSan: Fics, theories, facts, anything.

If you have any ideas on where to go, that would much appreciated!! I'm happy to be here and thank you in advance!

Welcome, griffinmartell, to the boards! :cheers:

Welcome, you've found the right place :cheers:

If you're looking for a special topic, try this link and add the name of your required topic. But fanfiction is not allowed here ;)

This forum password bug is killin me. lol. Made a new account because can't get into the e-mail address I originally used. Posting here since you need at least 1 post to use personal messenger.

Glad to be back. :cheers:

Welcome back :cheers: please try to contact Ran, he might help you there :)

No idea where to write this....but..."Rhubarb!" See, see, I told you it was me...My silly little chickadee! ha! Now you need to pay up.... next year will do just fine! Thanks for waiting...♥

Huh?

Anyway, welcome. :cheers:

Edited by King Tyrion I

Hi everyone! I'm Lowri, a 22 year old from Wales. I've finally finished A Dance with Dragons, so I'm looking forward to all the discussion and speculation about future books that I'm certain I'll find in abundance on this forum :)