Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone! I'm Lowri, a 22 year old from Wales. I've finally finished A Dance with Dragons, so I'm looking forward to all the discussion and speculation about future books that I'm certain I'll find in abundance on this forum :)

Welcome, Lowri! :cheers:

Hi everyone,

Introductions are always awkward and a little like an AA meeting but anyway, my name is Laurel, I'm 23 born from the United States. I've read the books, some of them twice and working my way through them again.

Always amazed how much I have missed and really love the forum as a way to learn and understand all the little pieces that Martin puts in there.

Anyway, really looking forward to get to know everone.

Hi and welcome @Creighton / Laurel,

and be cautious as the forum is dark and full of spoilers.

Your username in connection to the forum rings a bell as there is a very proficient analyst named @Ser Creighton here who has brought me a lot of fun with his incredible findings and ability to connect them, even the stuff that has been revealed as unfortunately wrong is great fun and good sport. Check that one out if you like.

Hey Jon,

Thanks so much for the tip! Any good places to start with Ser Creighton's great findings?

you could start through his profile, or have a look at my favorite of his former projects, the Corn Code that very reasonably attemted to decipher, what the ravens, Hodor, Patchface and other strange not-so-easily talking characters are actully saying, when they go "Jon, Corn,.King," or "Hodor. Hodor! HODOR!". He developed a system for this stuff to actually carry sense. Unfortunately George R.R. Martin says it's all wrong. But it was so much fun.

You will find him probably everywhere, I see him regularly in the Small Questions thread (current version 10084 10085) pinned on top of the General ASOIAF forum and the thread discussing Jon Snow's most likely parentage, called

R + L = J ... current verion is v. 89

in the same place. He has written a few extremely funny ironic posts lately, so don't get confused or even fooled.

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen

Hi everyone! I'm Lowri, a 22 year old from Wales. I've finally finished A Dance with Dragons, so I'm looking forward to all the discussion and speculation about future books that I'm certain I'll find in abundance on this forum :)

Hi Lowri!

Where the white women at?!

Silly boy.

Stop scaring people. ;)

Besides I thought it was tuna you sought. Have you put down the rebellion yet?

Hi everyone,

Introductions are always awkward and a little like an AA meeting but anyway, my name is Laurel, I'm 23 born from the United States. I've read the books, some of them twice and working my way through them again.

Always amazed how much I have missed and really love the forum as a way to learn and understand all the little pieces that Martin puts in there.

Anyway, really looking forward to get to know everone.

Hi Creighton! Welcome to Westeros.org!

Last year when I joined I posted a plea for older heads to suggest threads a newbie should read. I got some great responses: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/92504-what-threads-would-you-recommend/

(As I look at that post from July 11, 2013 it's funny to see the number 54 for the R+L=J threads. They're at 89 and gong strong today.)

eta

one more thing: the link in my signature line, "abbreviations" will take you to a very long list of abbreviations used on this site. Some are general but most are ASOIAF specific and will help keep you from suffering puzzlement. :)

Edited by honeyed chicken

you could start through his profile, or have a look at my favorite of his former projects, the Corn Code that very reasonably attemted to decipher, what the ravens, Hodor, Patchface and other strange not-so-easily talking characters are actully saying, when they go "Jon, Corn,.King," or "Hodor. Hodor! HODOR!". He developed a system for this stuff to actually carry sense. Unfortunately George R.R. Martin says it's all wrong. But it was so much fun.

You will find him probably everywhere, I see him regularly in the Small Questions thread (current version 10084) pinned on top of the General ASOIAF forum and the thread discussing Jon Snow's most likely parentage, called

R + L = J ... current verion is v. 89

in the same place. He has written a few extremely funny ironic posts lately, so don't get confused or even fooled.

awesome thanks!

Hi Creighton! Welcome to Westeros.org!

Last year when I joined I posted a plea for older heads to suggest threads a newbie should read. I got some great responses: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/92504-what-threads-would-you-recommend/

(As I look at that post from July 11, 2013 it's funny to see the number 54 for the R+L=J threads. They're at 89 and gong strong today.)

eta

one more thing: the link in my signature line, "abbreviations" will take you to a very long list of abbreviations used on this site. Some are general but most are ASOIAF specific and will help keep you from suffering puzzlement. :)

Lol thanks, I was wondering what some of these meant...

Welcome, Creighton. :cheers:

Well thank you, highness Tyrion first of his name. :bowdown:

Greetings, friends!

I'm 21, from far lands of Croatia and I started reading the books a few months ago. I'm currently in the middle of ACoK.

There's been one thing I've been wondering for a while now... Do Starks still say "Winter is coming" when it actually comes? I mean, it already came, it's silly :P

Anyways, nice to be here. Zima dolazi.

Welcome, Mother of Others,

I'm 21, from far lands of Croatia and I started reading the books a few months ago. I'm currently in the middle of ACoK.

When I was 21, I happened to learn some Croatian, but gave up after just a few days.

I have my usual warning mentioned, there are 5 books out now, and a lot is happening.

When you are in the middle of A Clash of Kings and keep reading the forum, you may be spoiling much of your firsthand reading experience.

There's been one thing I've been wondering for a while now... Do Starks still say "Winter is coming" when it actually comes? I mean, it already came, it's silly :P

It must be a meme, since I just read it the other day.

The to-be-spoilered answer might be: Starks? What Starks?

And the correct one: yes. It will always become much worse then it is at any time now.

Welcome to the forum!

Greetings, friends!

Hi Mother of Others!

There are a lot of members of Westeros.org from the Ex-Yu here. Last year there was a thread posted by Mladen about it and how people around the world see the Ex-Yu countries.

And of course, because of the filming in Dubrovnik for GOT we are all much more aware how beautiful your country is.

Edited by honeyed chicken

Greetings, friends!

I think I welcomed you in the other thread back - but I'll do so once again "officially":

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Been lurking for a WHILE. Have learned a lot, thought more about the series, and thoroughly increased my enjoyment of the books as well as attempted to satiate my undying desire for any further asoiaf action.

I live in Texas and have read the series two times--once in mid 2012 and I just finished reading it for the second time earlier this month.

I come on here to try to get my fix now that I'm not longer reading the books or watching the show.

Thanks to everyone for their great comments, explanations, and theories--crackpot or otherwise. Always entertaining.

Been lurking for a WHILE. Have learned a lot, thought more about the series, and thoroughly increased my enjoyment of the books as well as attempted to satiate my undying desire for any further asoiaf action.

I live in Texas and have read the series two times--once in mid 2012 and I just finished reading it for the second time earlier this month.

I come on here to try to get my fix now that I'm not longer reading the books or watching the show.

Thanks to everyone for their great comments, explanations, and theories--crackpot or otherwise. Always entertaining.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Welcome!

Westeros really has increased my enjoyment too - and I have made a ton of friends here - like that royal guy right above me (Hi KT I!).