Introductions

Ran

Yup - he's called Sherlock. Bassett Hound/Border Collie cross.

He looks like a Sherlock - the Basil Rathbone Holmes, not Cumberbatch. :)

As a teen I had a border collie/beagle cross, named Grizzly. She was as much fun as she was trouble (loved chasing deer).

He looks like a Sherlock - the Basil Rathbone Holmes, not Cumberbatch. :)

As a teen I had a border collie/beagle cross, named Grizzly. She was as much fun as she was trouble (loved chasing deer).

We were hoping for the docile nature of a basset with the intellect of a collie. Got a hyper idiot dog instead but we love him anyway.

Looking back at the last few posts and thinking friends... tch, wish I knew what real friends were.

Anyway, a more positive note, hello!

I'm 20 years old and from a small city in England and currently studying Law at the University of Manchester.. and it's astonishing how many people automatically assume I'm very smart, the common reaction being 'Ooh look at you, doing Law!' It's not all honour and glory though, I keep having existential crises!

Anyway, I enjoy anime, manga (I'm still a noob though) and reading in general more than anything, and writing fan fiction although that is currently on hold. I don't get as much time to read anymore and after putting ASOIAF off for so long because a friend said I might find it confusing at first, I'm so absorbed into the series that I can't even remember the last book I read before the series..

That being said I've finished all the books, it took me about two weeks to read them all and I enjoyed them immensely.. one of the best series I've read in a long time and completely different to anything I've ever read. While fantasy is a common genre most books usually revolve around a main character and a set of sub-characters with a main aim by the end but here there are a series of POVs with no real 'ending' in sight which makes it unique to say the least.

Also the strange thing is I have no ships at all, I usually ship someone or the other :P

My favourite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion and Samwell Tarly. Dany was one but not too sure now...

TV series, halfway through season one and my favourite scene so far is the one with Sam and Jon in it talking about girls, Sam is like 'You didn't know where to put it did you?' Then discussion about bastards and then a moment and silence and... 'You really didn't know where to put it, did you?' Good God that cracked me right up xD Tv sam is even funnier than book sam but I love both.

Right, I've rambled on too much so if you have any questions for me or wanna talk to me or w.e go ahead cause I don't bite.. unless you're made out of cake ;) Also can someone kindly tell me if there is a writers' sub forum round here as I'd love to showcase some fan fiction. I have a lovely little idea for a GoT FF.

Well here's to hoping I meet some lovely people round here :)

Valar Morghulis!

Hello everyone

Welcome, Dragelsnart! :cheers:

Looking back at the last few posts and thinking friends... tch, wish I knew what real friends were.

I'm 20 years old and from a small city in England and currently studying Law at the University of Manchester.. and it's astonishing how many people automatically assume I'm very smart, the common reaction being 'Ooh look at you, doing Law!' It's not all honour and glory though, I keep having existential crises!

Anyway, I enjoy anime, manga (I'm still a noob though) and reading in general more than anything, and writing fan fiction although that is currently on hold. I don't get as much time to read anymore and after putting ASOIAF off for so long because a friend said I might find it confusing at first, I'm so absorbed into the series that I can't even remember the last book I read before the series..

That being said I've finished all the books, it took me about two weeks to read them all and I enjoyed them immensely.. one of the best series I've read in a long time and completely different to anything I've ever read. While fantasy is a common genre most books usually revolve around a main character and a set of sub-characters with a main aim by the end but here there are a series of POVs with no real 'ending' in sight which makes it unique to say the least.

Also the strange thing is I have no ships at all, I usually ship someone or the other :P

My favourite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion and Samwell Tarly. Dany was one but not too sure now...

TV series, halfway through season one and my favourite scene so far is the one with Sam and Jon in it talking about girls, Sam is like 'You didn't know where to put it did you?' Then discussion about bastards and then a moment and silence and... 'You really didn't know where to put it, did you?' Good God that cracked me right up xD Tv sam is even funnier than book sam but I love both.

Right, I've rambled on too much so if you have any questions for me or wanna talk to me or w.e go ahead cause I don't bite.. unless you're made out of cake ;) Also can someone kindly tell me if there is a writers' sub forum round here as I'd love to showcase some fan fiction. I have a lovely little idea for a GoT FF.

Valar Morghulis!

Valar Dohaeris!

Welcome to the boards. :cheers:

Hello everyone

:cheers: Welcome!

Hope you have a great time here!

Valar Morghulis!

Welcome Nymeria10K! :cheers:

You're now the second person on Westeros I know from the UK who is a law student. I have made the other aware of you - so you may well hear something soon.

You haven't shipped any one in ASOIAF yet?! :eek: Let me tell you, others are not so reticent. I will not say more because I'm not a shipper anyway. But it is not hard to find some who will gladly indulge in a little shipping. :P

Samwell is a great character. Love him to pieces and is it John Bradley that plays him? Forget the name, but he's very good too.

As for writing and sharing your writing - it's true that it is not done here, but I do know other writers on Westeros and I have seen their work (non ASOIAF based). :ninja:

Welcome, Nymeria! Westeros is an awesome place, but we frown on ASoIaF fan fiction. In fact, it's a big no-no.

Welcome! :)

Some draw the fan fiction line at hypothesizing about the R+L plot line which I find a little drastic, but that's just one man's opinion . .. .

Edited by honeyed chicken

We were hoping for the docile nature of a basset with the intellect of a collie. Got a hyper idiot dog instead but we love him anyway.

Call it "Sandor", then.

Hello everyone

Welcome Dragelsnart!

Valar Morghulis!

Valar dohaerys.

Friends, you will probably find out. It is love, a bit like you and your siblings, parents, the good and helpful neighbours. That kind of love, only you cannot choose those, but with friends, you can. Studies have shown, the earlier you start, and the more you sit close to them, like in school, class, repetitorium, the closer you get. Got it? :-)

Law may be somthing dull, but only tell your friends. The others should continue admiring you for what you do, right? ;)

Welcome, Nymeria! Westeros is an awesome place, but we frown on ASoIaF fan fiction. In fact, it's a big no-no.

That said, there are numerous writers on the board. As I am only part time a technical writer and a lousy one on top of that, I had no notion to go figuring out where to look for a writers forum. But tell us what we or at least I have missed.

Hi everyone!

My name's Dan, i'm Scottish and study Civil Engineering in Edinburgh. I'm a massive GoT fan. I have to be honest I have not read the books (yet) but i'm a massive fan of the show. It's easily my favourite show. My fav characters are Barristan Selmy, Jorah Mormont, Bronn and Margaery Tyrell.

I also collect autographs from the show and have quite a few which can be seen here: http://dans-autographs.jimdo.com/game-of-thrones-1/

A couple of days ago I met Jack Gleeson after going to see his show at the Edinburgh Fringe and he is one of the most nicest people I've met. Really nice to talk to and was chatting away to everyone. He was really happy to have a photo with me and he even signed a few photos for me before shaking my hand and saying goodbye. Great guy!

http://tinypic.com/r/2807i2s/8

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum!

and beware, for the forum is dark and full of spoilers, especially for you as you haven't read the books.

So read them, if you can get a hold on them, they are very worth while, especially since you like the show - it is based on the book, who teem with more than a thousand characters and more than a hundred plots. Too much for television, but it works for the books. Great fun's a-waiting.

Hi everyone!

My name's Dan, i'm Scottish and study Civil Engineering in Edinburgh. I'm a massive GoT fan. I have to be honest I have not read the books (yet) but i'm a massive fan of the show. It's easily my favourite show. My fav characters are Barristan Selmy, Jorah Mormont, Bronn and Margaery Tyrell.

I also collect autographs from the show and have quite a few which can be seen here: http://dans-autographs.jimdo.com/game-of-thrones-1/

A couple of days ago I met Jack Gleeson after going to see his show at the Edinburgh Fringe and he is one of the most nicest people I've met. Really nice to talk to and was chatting away to everyone. He was really happy to have a photo with me and he even signed a few photos for me before shaking my hand and saying goodbye. Great guy!

Welcome to the boards, ScottishDan! :cheers:

Hi everyone!

Welcome ScottishDan! :cheers:

Let me echo Jon Weirgaryen, I started with the show, and then picked up the books. The books, imo, are better.

Hi Everyone!

I am Steph and I live in Australia :)

Enjoyin in my free time (when I am not at work) going on long drives with the Hubby, going to the beach, playing around the interent and watch movies/doco's

I also enjoy a great drop of beer too :)

Hi Everyone!

I am Steph and I live in Australia :)

Enjoyin in my free time (when I am not at work) going on long drives with the Hubby, going to the beach, playing around the interent and watch movies/doco's

I also enjoy a great drop of beer too :)

Hey, another Aussie!

Nice to meet you, Steph. :cheers:

I'm a Yank, myself, but my brother is a great fan of your country and travels there regularly. In particular, he's tried to get me up to speed on Aussie punk rock - Radio Birdman, Died pretty, Screaming Tribesmen (Date with a Vampyre is great!!!) and so many others I have forgotten.

Also, as you can see from my opening, several of your countrymen are on Westeros and are not hard to find.

That's a beautiful av btw.

Why thank you honeyed chicken for the warm welcome.... I love Ancient Egyptian history as well and could not help but make that my Av when I saw it. :cheers:

I'll bet that av will find you fellow Egyptologists, if there are any. Lots of history buffs about so it would not shock me.

Gillio tells me you already found the Aussie thread I'm glad to hear. Gillio's nice, I consider her a friend.

Greetings! My name is Jennifer and I'm from the U.S.A. I love the show and the books, although I'm only on the second book of my first reading(I expect to re-read the series several times). Although I'm sworn to House Stark, I do enjoy anything Tyrion says, and I like the dragons and Stannis.

Welcome. Hopefully you enjoy it here. A word of warning if you're still on your first read though. This place is chock full of spoilers, so you may want to stick to the still reading section. Anyway, have fun.