Introductions

Ran

Welcome Winters Winds and DragonWolfRose. Hopefully you both enjoy your time here. Since you're both still reading, here's an obligatory "the forum is dark and full of spoilers." You might want to stick to the still reading section unless you don't mind spoilers. Anyway, have fun.

Hi everyone. I recently became engulfed in the awesomeness that is Game of Thrones. Long time fan of the Tv series, since it came out, but new reader to the books. I am almost done with the first book and I can't express how awesome it is.

My name is Brian and I go by "eureka" but I might change that here, considering I want a name that resembles the books.. Something like Ser Brian Coldwinter or something awesome like that.

Just wanted to introduce myself and how I came about this amazing series. See you all out there in the forums!

Greetings everyone,

As a newcomer to the forum, I wanted to stop by for a brief introduction. I became involved with this series by way of the television show, which was highly recommended from a sibling. A few episodes were all it took for me to become hooked. From that moment on, my interest grew and I began visiting the Wiki, in order to learn more about the characters and events that helped shape, “A Song of Ice and Fire.” The following step led to reading the books, which I’m extremely grateful for that experience. At the moment, I’m currently reading, “A Game of Thrones.”

When I’m not immersed in practically anything from the world of Westeros and beyond, I can usually be found in front of the sewing machine, reading (literature of various forms and comic books), enjoying movies (fantasy, science fiction and horror are favorites), playing video games and sports.

Guess I had better wrap this up right here. But I look forward to exploring more of the forum and participating in many discussions. Thanks for your time and I hope to see you around the message board.

Welcome to you both!! :cheers: :cheers:

Westeros is a lot of fun, Hope you enjoy it. But it in no way replaces the books. What on earth are you doing posting when you're not even done reading the first book! Seven hells, people! Where are you priorities?? :lol: :lol:

Kidding, of course.

To some extent.

Oth, I am so jealous of you for not having read the books yet, and having all those pages, and all that fantasy fun to look forward to. I'm finishing my 3rd or 4rth reread and THAT is even making me sad. I either have to start reading something else (I could do another Dune reread, or an Amber reread - bleh!) or a 5th ASOIAF reread (probably). The impatience level around this site is so high, we even have a thread called, "Bump this thread every day till TWOW is released." Serious, serious jonesing.

Now, GO READ THOSE BOOKS YOU TWO!! :)

Westeros is a lot of fun, Hope you enjoy it. But it in no way replaces the books. What on earth are you doing posting when you're not even done reading the first book! Seven hells, people! Where are you priorities?? :lol: :lol:

Kidding, of course.

To some extent.

Oth, I am so jealous of you for not having read the books yet, and having all those pages, and all that fantasy fun to look forward to. I'm finishing my 3rd or 4rth reread and THAT is even making me sad. I either have to start reading something else (I could do another Dune reread, or an Amber reread - bleh!) or a 5th ASOIAF reread (probably). The impatience level around this site is so high, we even have a thread called, "Bump this thread every day till TWOW is released." Serious, serious jonesing.

I have seen all the episodes of the show! Plus I have this one friend that has told me quite a bit of the story.. Which helped with me getting the books. I know some things that I shouldn't.. Either way, I'm still going to enjoy reading the books!

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Hutch, honeyed chicken and King Tyrion I - thank you all for the warm welcome.

Welcome Winters Winds and DragonWolfRose. Hopefully you both enjoy your time here. Since you're both still reading, here's an obligatory "the forum is dark and full of spoilers." You might want to stick to the still reading section unless you don't mind spoilers. Anyway, have fun.

Actually, I really don’t mind the spoilers since it helps keep me up-to-date with everything. It will be a while before I even reach the fifth book (not that I’m rushing or anything). Knowing what occurs beforehand increases the anticipation, so when I finally arrive at that moment the feeling is, “Oh…so that’s how it happened.”

Kidding, of course.

To some extent.

At first, I started not to read the books. The series in itself felt rather intimidating, since there are a number of books that make up “A Song of Ice and Fire.” And I didn’t want to get into that part, as I was content in just watching the show. This is something which happened before with other shows (or films), which were based from pre-existing material. However, it became clear that reading was necessary, if I hoped to discover what went on beyond the television screen. There is so much awesome information that I would’ve missed. But either way, I’m thankful for having the opportunity to experience the best of both worlds.

You’re right, I better get cracking on those books. But I’ve almost completed the first one. :)

Hello Lords and Ladies of Westeros,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the community. I am Lord Tony of House Stark (combining two of my favorite things). I started off as a fan of the show and after a few months of reading the books, I finally finished last week. I am now stuck in a limbo with nothing new to read or watch, so naturally my mind begins to wander and this forum has introduced me to some excellent theories and key details I missed on my first read through. Looking forward to learning more and eventually posting my own theories (which are still in development).

Winter is Coming

Lord Tony of House Stark First of his name King of the Andals and the First Men Lord Regent and Protector of the Realm The Iron Man Builder of Suits and Father of Technology (fill in the damn titles)

Welcome to the mad house Westeros, Tony!! :cheers:

Hope you have ton of fun.

Yup theories are us. The R+L=J threads have passed number 100 recently. With over 400 posts per thread, that's well over 40,000 posts about three characters, two of whom are dead when the book starts!

If you like games and competition we have a whole wing of the board for all manner of mafia games, pictionary, guessing games, and etc: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/18-forum-games/

That's where you'll find me, mostly.

Cheers!

Hello Lords and Ladies of Westeros,

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the community. I am Lord Tony of House Stark (combining two of my favorite things). I started off as a fan of the show and after a few months of reading the books, I finally finished last week. I am now stuck in a limbo with nothing new to read or watch, so naturally my mind begins to wander and this forum has introduced me to some excellent theories and key details I missed on my first read through. Looking forward to learning more and eventually posting my own theories (which are still in development).

Winter is Coming

Lord Tony of House Stark First of his name King of the Andals and the First Men Lord Regent and Protector of the Realm The Iron Man Builder of Suits and Father of Technology (fill in the damn titles)

Welcome to the boards, Tony! :cheers:

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.

I was introduced to the books via the TV series (and have since gorged myself on them) and was made aware of the site due to Thronecast. Had to join the forum as I thoroughly love some of the weird and wonderful theories.

When not spending an unhealthy amount of hours reading a Wiki of Ice and Fire I'm either in the shed brewing paint thinner that vaguely passes for beer or as you might have guessed from the username reading Cornwell's Saxon Stories.

Right, I'm off to explore.

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.

I was introduced to the books via the TV series (and have since gorged myself on them) and was made aware of the site due to Thronecast. Had to join the forum as I thoroughly love some of the weird and wonderful theories.

When not spending an unhealthy amount of hours reading a Wiki of Ice and Fire I'm either in the shed brewing paint thinner that vaguely passes for beer or as you might have guessed from the username reading Cornwell's Saxon Stories.

Right, I'm off to explore.

Welcome Uhtredson! :cheers:

I've been known to lift a glass or two myself, but have never home brewed.

I too saw the show first - the first two ep.s that is. Then I got the books and from then on it was all books all the time and the TV series was just something to grumble about. Although I grumble less as time goes on. They have some remarkable cgi landscapes and their casting has been by and large fantastic. Plot changes?? Hmmmm.

Well, if you ever get tired of theories, come over and check out forum games - we have all types. ASOIAF themed games

recommended topics for first timers

Cheers!

Edited by honeyed chicken

Hello Guys,

My name is Dobromir (Dobry for short). I am 20 years old, from Bulgaria, currently working and studying in Sofia.

My friends call me WhiteCrow, or most common Bambi.

I love playing games. Computer and Board games.

At the moment I am more interested in D&D 5 coming out and Everquest 4.0

Hello Guys,

My name is Dobromir (Dobry for short). I am 20 years old, from Bulgaria, currently working and studying in Sofia.

My friends call me WhiteCrow, or most common Bambi.

I love playing games. Computer and Board games.

At the moment I am more interested in D&D 5 coming out and Everquest 4.0

Welcome Dobromir! :cheers:

You'll find you have at least one countryman here.

I too love games - what are your favorite board games? I'm older (61) so I likely play some that you have not and vice versa. Some of the ones I really like a lot: TaYu, Settlers, Civilization, Tigris & Euphrates, Medici, Princes of Florence, Euro Rails. Those are a few off the top of my head.

We have games here too. I posted a link in #2929, right above your post.

Edited by honeyed chicken