Introductions

Ran

Hi everyone! This board seemed really nice and it's always amazing to share points of views between fans, when we all understand each other and have a passion in common :)

So here's a short presentation...

I'm Justine, fourteen, and i'm from Canada.

I always loved Middle Ages stories, all those knights, kings and ladies tales. And then I heard of Game of Thrones. I started watching it something like six months ago. Yes i'm a new fan. Then I fell in love and started reading the books. I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings and soon enough A Storm of Swords. It's such a fascinating world, so deep and complex. I always had a fascination for the Lannisters, even though the Starks will forever be "my first favs" I'm sorry, it was a bit long. I can lost myself when I start.

And first of all, please forgive me for my english, I talk french in real life. Hope you'll understand.

Thank you really much for reading this, really happy to join this forum.

Yes, I think I did. It was a while ago though. That's what I like about these boards, some threads never die!

That one is "pinned". Some threads get removed after 6 or 8 months to relieve clutter. Others like this thread and various others are deeemd important enough not only to keep but to keep at the top of the first page of the forum.

Hi everyone! This board seemed really nice and it's always amazing to share points of views between fans, when we all understand each other and have a passion in common :)

I always loved Middle Ages stories, all those knights, kings and ladies tales. And then I heard of Game of Thrones. I started watching it something like six months ago. Yes i'm a new fan. Then I fell in love and started reading the books. I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings and soon enough A Storm of Swords. It's such a fascinating world, so deep and complex. I always had a fascination for the Lannisters, even though the Starks will forever be "my first favs" I'm sorry, it was a bit long. I can lost myself when I start.

And first of all, please forgive me for my english, I talk french in real life. Hope you'll understand.

Hi NymeriaReyne! :)

Nice to see you! I'm in Vermont, on the border with Canada.

Don't worry, your English is fine. :) Many on Westeros are not native English speakers so you should be right at home!

Thank you very much, such a warm welcome

I know where Vermont is ;)

Yeah I guess i'm not the only one

I know, you know. It was more for the other folks who are from all over the world. Which is really great. One of the things I love about Westeros is that I now have friends I chat with regularly in Sweden, Holland, Russia, India, Australia, Dubai/Serbia and etc. I've never felt more connected to the world than I do now. :)

Edited by honeyed chicken

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Bienvenue! =o)

Welcome to the boards, Justine! :cheers:

Don't worry about your English. Most people here aren't native speakers. Beware the spoilers since you're still reading! The boards are dark and full of spoilers.

Thank you very much everyone! :D

Yeah, it's so amazing... So many diversity and it's so interesting being with fans all around the world:)

The Web is Dark and Full of Terrors. Yeah, I got spoiled so many times... Like I never saw or read a death that I already know. Anyway, it's my fault, never go on tumblr after an episode that you didn't see ;)

Hi guys im michelle from usa, my younget son got me reading the books. I love this site, the people are so nice.

Hi Michelle, welcome to Westeros! :cheers:

I'm from Vermont, but what I love is that there are ASOIAF fans from all over the world. Thanks to westeros I have friends from Russia, India, Australia, and of course, all over Europe and North America. As you can see in my sig line we even have a secret santa.

So have fun. Feel free to ask anything if you have questions.

Edited by honeyed chicken

hey everyone!

my name is Javiera but you all can call me Javi, i'm from Perth in Western Australia :).

I love both the books and the TV series, when i finished the books last year a friend of mine ( who had also read the books) recommended this forum, because we were always chatting about theories and possible outcomes our favorites characters might be a part of. since then i ve been reading a lot, however it never occurred to me to join. so glad i did :)

cheers to all