Introductions

Ran

Greetings fellow creatures!

After lurking around and having my mind blown by some interesting theories and details I've always missed while reading the books, I've finally gotten around to making an account so that I can pester you guys with my questions and weird ideas. ;-)

Asoiaf has been an obsession of mine ever since I've first discovered the show two or three years ago. Since then I've watched it countless times and am currently reading the books for the second time.

Sooo... what else? I don't know... I'm from Germany and I like beer.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hello everyone! :)

I just wanted to drop in here and introduce myself. I've been a Song of Ice and Fire fan since (about) 2009. I'll admit the size and scope of the books were daunting to me at the time, so it took quite a while for me to make it through them (even though I was enjoying them immensely). I ended finishing ASOS during the airing of Game of Thrones Season 1 in 2011.

I'm a massive fan of both the books and the television series, and have been itching to have a place to discuss them in-depth. I've lurked and even posted a bit on a certain other GoT-related site, but it's not really the kind of forum atmosphere I like. I have been directed here by a fellow TORN (TheOneRing.Net) forum member, who highly recommended this site and the members here.

I've lurked here for a couple weeks, but have felt the urge to finally register if for no other reason than to gush about the new The World of Ice and Fire book, which I received in the mail Tuesday. It's everything I could have hoped for in such a book, and I've been pouring through it ever since I got it in my hands. :)

I look forward to some great discussion and can't wait to get to know you guys!

BTW, as to my favorite character: In the books, Jon Snow. In the series, Ned Stark (big Sean Bean fan, I can't help it). Of course I love Tyrion, but that would be too easy on my part. ;)

I just wanted to drop in here and introduce myself. I've been a Song of Ice and Fire fan since (about) 2009. I'll admit the size and scope of the books were daunting to me at the time, so it took quite a while for me to make it through them (even though I was enjoying them immensely). I ended finishing ASOS during the airing of Game of Thrones Season 1 in 2011.

I'm a massive fan of both the books and the television series, and have been itching to have a place to discuss them in-depth. I've lurked and even posted a bit on a certain other GoT-related site, but it's not really the kind of forum atmosphere I like. I have been directed here by a fellow TORN (TheOneRing.Net) forum member, who highly recommended this site and the members here.

I've lurked here for a couple weeks, but have felt the urge to finally register if for no other reason than to gush about the new The World of Ice and Fire book, which I received in the mail Tuesday. It's everything I could have hoped for in such a book, and I've been pouring through it ever since I got it in my hands. :)

BTW, as to my favorite character: In the books, Jon Snow. In the series, Ned Stark (big Sean Bean fan, I can't help it). Of course I love Tyrion, but that would be too easy on my part. ;)

Welcome to the boards and thank you for your nice introduction! :cheers:

Always nice to see ASOIAF/LOTR crossed love. :) (nice av name) Welcome! :cheers: You've definitely come to the right place.

Welcome to the forums! :cheers: Team Jon Snow welcomes you as well. Hope you enjoy it here.

Greetings round the world to all of the Song of Ice and Fire followers.

What a pleasure it is for me to read all your commentary.

I am DireWolfSpirit and I'm brand new to the forum , so I will be lurking and learning,

hopefully able to get up to speed on how everything works here.

Have been uber impressed with many posters depth and imaginations over the

material thus far and will be commenting more in the near future.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, guys! :) Looking forward to some great discussion.

It's a pleasure.

I am DireWolfSpirit and I'm brand new to the forum , so I will be lurking and learning,

Welcome to the forums, DireWolfSpirit! :cheers: Looking forward to your contributions.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, guys! :) Looking forward to some great discussion.

:cheers: Welcome DireWolfSpirit! - love your av name. Do you have a favorite direwolf?

Since you both mention getting into good discussion, I'm going to post a link to a thread I started when I first joined. I asked the group what threads they would recommend a beginner on Westeros to read: recommended reading for noobies

Also, take note of the link in my signature line. That will take you to a list of abbreviations used on the site, in case you come across any you can't puzzle out.

Edited by honeyed chicken

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Thanks again for the greetings and the noobie links.

As far as a favorite direwolf goes,

I would say both Nymeria and Ghost are magnificent.

I predict we will be meeting Nymeria (w/pack) again, especially when Arya returns

to Westeros.

I can hardly wait for that reunion! And I will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen. I also hope Rickon & Shaggy dog will figure into the action at some point as well.

Hello everyone

Eddard Stark here. It's taken me some time to get the hang of this internet thing, but here I am!

Only joking of course, hehe. Seriously though, it's good to be here. Nice to meet you all. Also I agree with what DireWolfSpirit has said, I've been very impressed with the depth of ideas and discussions around here. I'm looking forward to getting more involved. I registered a few months ago, but had some trouble with logging in and such, so am looking forward to getting stuck in!

Edited by Eddard Stark is online

Hello everyone

Eddard Stark here. It's taken me some time to get the hang of this internet thing, but here I am!

Only joking of course, hehe. Seriously though, it's good to be here. Nice to meet you all. Also I agree with what DireWolfSpirit has said, I've been very impressed with the depth of ideas and discussions around here. I'm looking forward to getting more involved. I registered a few months ago, but had some trouble with logging in and such, so am looking forward to getting stuck in!

Welcome to Westeros, Eddard Stark!! :cheers:

I can understand how the internet would be hard for a person from a culture where they don't even have electricity. :lol:

Kidding aside, yes there's some seriously in depth discussion around here.

Hope you enjoy your time here (as I do). :)

Hello everyone

Welcome, Eddard Stark, to the boards! :cheers: