Introductions

Ran

Thanks, Your Grace!

My two favorite characters are the two men that make up my hybrid username: Eddard Stark and Tywin Lannister. Say what you will about either of those guys, but they were the two strongest (if differently flawed) father figures in the whole saga.

You're welcome.

Actually, Tywin is my second favorite Lannister - besides Tyrion. And The Ned? He's great.

And yeah, I agree about them being flawed. That's what makes them "human" in a way I guess. And grey characters.

Hi. I'm new to the franchise but am looking forward to finding out everything. I have chronic illnesses which make it hard to be at the computer or tv as much as I'd like. sadly my health means i'm not as up to date on pop culture as I'd to be. I hope that can be forgiven.

I'm from Tasmania the island state south of the Australian mainland. I live in a small town that's mostly populated by people a lot older than i am. I live in the central north of Tasmania.

Hello all!

My handle is Eddwyn Lannistark, and this is my very first (hopefully of many) post on these forums.

I am a relative latecomer to the saga that is A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.

I remember always seeing the books in the science fiction / fantasy section of various chain bookstores when I was much younger, but never picked them up. Later, I remember hearing that HBO was going to develop a television show based on the books about 5 years ago, but didn't have HBO and never watched the early seasons.

Then came GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Episode 9 and the Red Wedding last year. And, wow did my Facebook feed blow up! Apparently a lot of my friends were fans of the show and were in public shock. That got my attention. So last fall, I finally caught the first two episodes of GAME OF THRONES and was amazed. Bought the Season 1 blu-ray, and it was amazing. Then the Season 2 blu-ray. Then the Season 3 blu-ray. The Red Wedding did not disappoint.

Sometime in between watching Season 2 and Season 3 on blu-ray, I got the 5-book ASOIAF paperback collection last Christmas. It was very interesting but sometimes difficult reading the first three books, as many of the details were very different from the HBO show. During this time, I finally got HBO and watched Season 4. After finishing AGOT, ACOK, ASOS. the next two books AFFC and ADWD were devoured at a record pace, and I just finished the last book a week ago. I also bought and read The Art of A Song Of Ice And Fire Volume One a few days ago. I think I'm hooked :)

Geez, this was supposed to a brief intro, and I wrote a book. Sorry about that.

Glad to be on board the ASOIAF train!

Welcome to the board [emoji4]

We hope that your stay here will be fun and spoiler free [emoji3]

Hi. I'm new to the franchise but am looking forward to finding out everything. I have chronic illnesses which make it hard to be at the computer or tv as much as I'd like. sadly my health means i'm not as up to date on pop culture as I'd to be. I hope that can be forgiven.

I'm from Tasmania the island state south of the Australian mainland. I live in a small town that's mostly populated by people a lot older than i am. I live in the central north of Tasmania.

Hi! Welcome to the boards :) I'm Cora, its a pleasure to meet you! Please don't apologize for not keeping up with pop culture! :p

I'm sorry you do have many around your age where you live :o

That sounds quite difficult!

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm eighteen. :)

How did you hear about the show? Books?

Which is your favorite house?

I hope you have a great time in our company :)

Hello all!

My handle is Eddwyn Lannistark, and this is my very first (hopefully of many) post on these forums.

I am a relative latecomer to the saga that is A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.

I remember always seeing the books in the science fiction / fantasy section of various chain bookstores when I was much younger, but never picked them up. Later, I remember hearing that HBO was going to develop a television show based on the books about 5 years ago, but didn't have HBO and never watched the early seasons.

Then came GAME OF THRONES Season 3 Episode 9 and the Red Wedding last year. And, wow did my Facebook feed blow up! Apparently a lot of my friends were fans of the show and were in public shock. That got my attention. So last fall, I finally caught the first two episodes of GAME OF THRONES and was amazed. Bought the Season 1 blu-ray, and it was amazing. Then the Season 2 blu-ray. Then the Season 3 blu-ray. The Red Wedding did not disappoint.

Sometime in between watching Season 2 and Season 3 on blu-ray, I got the 5-book ASOIAF paperback collection last Christmas. It was very interesting but sometimes difficult reading the first three books, as many of the details were very different from the HBO show. During this time, I finally got HBO and watched Season 4. After finishing AGOT, ACOK, ASOS. the next two books AFFC and ADWD were devoured at a record pace, and I just finished the last book a week ago. I also bought and read The Art of A Song Of Ice And Fire Volume One a few days ago. I think I'm hooked :)

Geez, this was supposed to a brief intro, and I wrote a book. Sorry about that.

Glad to be on board the ASOIAF train!

Lol don't worry about the length it was a pleasure to read! Like your excitement was building as your put your thoughts into words :p

I'm glad you are reading the books as well! D&D have made quite a bit of changes :p as you've noticed :ROFL:

Do you have a favorite house? Or is it just Ned? And Tyrion that you like?

I hope you enjoy yourself here with us, and don't be a stranger ;)

Very good [emoji4] so many things to do in it [emoji3] i was supposed to be rereading the books but i am to busy reading threads in the forum [emoji14]

Thank you so much [emoji4]

Beware, this board can be quite addicting :devil:

I feel like I never got a warm raucous welcome to the boards.

Welcome me, plebs!

Please

fuck you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ja8zo3jvoY

lol no you know I love you :p

welcome to the boards lovely, hope you have a fantastic time :D

dont be a stranger ;)

Very good [emoji4] so many things to do in it [emoji3] i was supposed to be rereading the books but i am to busy reading threads in the forum [emoji14]

Thank you so much [emoji4]

You seem like a decent and nice person. If you got the time, do check out TTTNE. It's located in "Forum Games". Stop by, talk a little - and have a great time.

So, this is an official invitation. =o)

Hi Michelle, my uncle lives in tasmania, he walked down a mountain to work the other day for charity. That's about all I can tell you about Tasmania.

Welcome to the boards!

Lol don't worry about the length it was a pleasure to read! Like your excitement was building as your put your thoughts into words :P

I'm glad you are reading the books as well! D&D have made quite a bit of changes :P as you've noticed :rofl:

Do you have a favorite house? Or is it just Ned? And Tyrion that you like?

I hope you enjoy yourself here with us, and don't be a stranger ;)

Thanks Anomaly!

Since I came into ASOIAF books from the GOT HBO show (and not the other way around), I don't mind most of the changes the show made. I'm especially glad D&D upped the ages of the children (the Stark kids, Jon, Dany, the secret bastard Lannister trio of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen) since a lot of horrible stuff happens to some of them.

All the Houses of Westeros seem severely flawed to me, even House Stark: their overdeveloped sense of honor led to their downfall every step of the way. But House Stark alone seems to be the only House that isn't inherently selfish as hell. They seem to be the only good guys in a sea of progressively worse bad guys (although Dany and Tyrion are also sympathetic, imho).

I like Eddard Stark AND Tywin Lannister because both embody very different qualities of fatherhood that I think are worth emulating ... when I eventually become a dad (got married recently IRL).

I'll be around!

I feel like I never got a warm raucous welcome to the boards.

Welcome me, plebs!

Please

:cheers: To you then stranger!! ;)

What about the tuna? Should I welcome them too, or have you parted company with them? :D

Thanks Anomaly!

Since I came into ASOIAF books from the GOT HBO show (and not the other way around), I don't mind most of the changes the show made. I'm especially glad D&D upped the ages of the children (the Stark kids, Jon, Dany, the secret bastard Lannister trio of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen) since a lot of horrible stuff happens to some of them.

All the Houses of Westeros seem severely flawed to me, even House Stark: their overdeveloped sense of honor led to their downfall every step of the way. But House Stark alone seems to be the only House that isn't inherently selfish as hell. They seem to be the only good guys in a sea of progressively worse bad guys (although Dany and Tyrion are also sympathetic, imho).

I like Eddard Stark AND Tywin Lannister because both embody very different qualities of fatherhood that I think are worth emulating ... when I eventually become a dad (got married recently IRL).

I'll be around!

Welcome Eddwyn :cheers: !!

I liked the fact that Ned has a father had a "father's face" and a "lord's face" according to his son. Something tells me Tywin only has the one face, and it isn't a father's face in the way Bran Stark means it.