Introductions

Ran

Hi, I'm new.

Just finished reading The World of Ice and Fire and started re-reading the books.

I feel like this is an excellent time to start getting myself mixed up in all these conspiracy discussions.

I'm looking forward to gaining a lot of new insights from you guys!

Hi, I'm new.

Just finished reading The World of Ice and Fire and started re-reading the books.

I feel like this is an excellent time to start getting myself mixed up in all these conspiracy discussions.

Welcome, Fyr, to the boards! :cheers:

Who's your favorite character?

Who's your favorite character?

Hmm...such a hard question, LF, Varys, Arya, Syrio, Tyrion, Mance, Davos, Egg, Brienne, Doran, Tywin, Aemon, Sam, they're all so intriguing. But I'll have to go with Arya, I'm always looking forward to Arya's chapters the most. And amongst the non-POV characters: Varys, awesomely Machiavellian like LF, but a little more mysterious, and a little less pedo.

Edited by Fyr

Hmm...such a hard question, LF, Varys, Arya, Syrio, Tyrion, Mance, Davos, Egg, Brienne, Doran, Tywin, Aemon, Sam, they're all so intriguing. But I'll have to go with Arya, I'm always looking forward to Arya's chapters the most. And amongst the non-POV characters: Varys, awesomely Machiavellian like LF, but a little more mysterious, and a little less pedo.

Welcome Fyr! :cheers:

I too find LF & Varys to be intriguing characters, LF in particular.

There's a line from AGOT that on my 4rth & 5h reread hints to me of his possible downfall. It's Catelyn reminiscing to Ser Rodrik about LF as the two of them are approaching KL.

"He was always clever, even as a boy, but it is one thing to be clever and another to be wise."

It will be interesting to see how his part plays out.

Nice! Welcome to the board :cheers:

Welcome Fyr! :cheers:

I too find LF & Varys to be intriguing characters, LF in particular.

There's a line from AGOT that on my 4rth & 5h reread hints to me of his possible downfall. It's Catelyn reminiscing to Ser Rodrik about LF as the two of them are approaching KL.

"He was always clever, even as a boy, but it is one thing to be clever and another to be wise."

It will be interesting to see how his part plays out.

That's interesting... although I find LF an well written character, I also hope for a downfall. In a spectecular way that includes the line "only Cat".somehow :D

Hi ! My name I wont burden you with pronouncing, so just call me by my ill-suited username ! ( It seemed funny at that time ; it always does, doesn't it ?)

I work for an Evil Corporation , am applying for Illuminati membership, and want to buy a yatch after retirement !

I'll never understand why they snubbed The Wire for Emmys and always knew Dexter was going to crash and burn

And the wait for TWoW is driving me crazy

I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, and I won't tell you how I became the Prince of Bel-Air. Because if there's two things I'm not, they are:

a) The Prince of Bel-Air, and

b) A liar.

Anyways, I'm ThePlateauThatRides, my name obviously being a pun based off of one particular character's unfortunate situation. I'm sure you can guess who on your own.

:cheers: hello dear

I love the fringe reference..... that is fringe, yes?

Welcome to the boards and please enjoy yourself :)

How long have you been a fan of asoiaf?

What drew you to the series? Favorite characters, house?

Hi, I'm new.

Hey, didn't you just look at my profile??

Great to see you are new to the boards! Welcome! Please fill free to ask, if you need help around here.

We are all an interesting bunch.

When did you start reading asoiaf. Do you watch the show as well? Which do you like more?

Hi ! My name I wont burden you with pronouncing, so just call me by my ill-suited username ! ( It seemed funny at that time ; it always does, doesn't it ?)

I work for an Evil Corporation , am applying for Illuminati membership, and want to buy a yatch after retirement !

I'll never understand why they snubbed The Wire for Emmys and always knew Dexter was going to crash and burn

Hey No Name ;)

Well if you want to change your handle we are permitted two changes every thirty days.... I'm a bit familiar with this :Lol:

What do you like about asoiaf? The story? The characters? The time period?

What is your favorite house? And who are your favorite character(s) ?

Also, do you mean yacht?

Welcome to the boards :p hope you have fun

Hey, I'm Gustav, I write a lot, so that's probably also what you're going to see me do here, but I'll most likely also join the chat ;)

Hey Gustav!

When did you begin reading asoiaf? Who are your favorite character(s)?

Are you an aspiring author? Or is writing more of a side hobby of yours?

Hope you have fun with us!

Don't be a stranger :D

ETA

Yes, please join in our chat. its all most entertaining when there are more people!

Edited by Pizza Warden

Hey No Name ;)

Well if you want to change your handle we are permitted two changes every thirty days.... I'm a bit familiar with this :lol:

What do you like about asoiaf? The story? The characters? The time period?

What is your favorite house? And who are your favorite character(s) ?

Also, do you mean yacht?

Welcome to the boards :P hope you have fun

Aye,ser. I'll be done with this handle as soon as I can think of an awesome new one.

Yes I meant a yacht :)

Call me Vik ( hey! that's a good one! wonder how I thought up of that compeletly original line......) I guess. About asoiaf, man that story ! I love this series, and feel no awkwardness accepting that I once had a dream that both Wow and DoS were complete and out in stores , which made frontpage headlines obviously ( Man, I felt so happy )

Also I feel obliged to confess that I actually work for a brilliant company that is determined to make this world a better place and sees itself not as a bussiness , but first and foremost a family*

And the Illuminati thing was a joke ! Ofcourse there's no such thing !**

* You're better than believing that bullshit

** Yeah, right

Edited by Martin RR George

Welcome MRRG! :cheers:

Hey, I'm Gustav, I write a lot, so that's probably also what you're going to see me do here, but I'll most likely also join the chat ;)

Writing is good. You'll find many fellow writers here (not me, btw). :cheers:

Aye,ser. I'll be done with this handle as soon as I can think of an awesome new one.

Yes I meant a yacht :)

Call me Vik ( hey! that's a good one! wonder how I thought up of that compeletly original line......) I guess. About asoiaf, man that story ! I love this series, and feel no awkwardness accepting that I once had a dream that both Wow and DoS were complete and out in stores , which made frontpage headlines obviously ( Man, I felt so happy )

Also I feel obliged to confess that I actually work for a brilliant company that is determined to make this world a better place and sees itself not as a bussiness , but first and foremost a family*

And the Illuminati thing was a joke ! Ofcourse there's no such thing !**

* You're better than believing that bullshit

** Yeah, right

You can always say, "I'm only in it for the healthcare." At least, if you're in the USA, you can. In the EU, you'll have to think up another excuse.

Hello, I'm Starky.

Some of you already know me from the forum games.

My real name is Naomi, I live in the UK

I work in a local shop but I'm soon to start studying a business studies degree.

I'm also a painter/artist/writer in my spare time.

I'm currently writing a novel and I hope to open my own business one day.

um yeah...I'm not very good with introductions... :leaving:

I haven't been in these boards in gods, what, a year and a half maybe? I guess it's time for a re-introduction.

Hi, I'm Raskolnikov from the Philippines (shoutout to my homies eyelesbarrow, The Wolf Maid and Niphredil, if these clowns are still active). Currently reading The Great Hunt. Pretty meh series, but can still be fun. Let's see if I can see it through - I took a break from Malazan after the second book, but still planning to read the rest someday.

Other interests: Doctor Who, TNG era Star Trek, horror, indiepop, whiskey and hoarding Steam games I'll never play.

I haven't been in these boards in gods, what, a year and a half maybe? I guess it's time for a re-introduction.

Hi, I'm Raskolnikov from the Philippines (shoutout to my homies eyelesbarrow, The Wolf Maid and Niphredil, if these clowns are still active). Currently reading The Great Hunt. Pretty meh series, but can still be fun. Let's see if I can see it through - I took a break from Malazan after the second book, but still planning to read the rest someday.

Other interests: Doctor Who, TNG era Star Trek, horror, indiepop, whiskey and hoarding Steam games I'll never play.

I know a guy from India that does the same thing :D welcome back :cheers:

Hello, I'm Starky.

Some of you already know me from the forum games.

My real name is Naomi, I live in the UK

I work in a local shop but I'm soon to start studying a business studies degree.

I'm also a painter/artist/writer in my spare time.

I'm currently writing a novel and I hope to open my own business one day.

um yeah...I'm not very good with introductions... :leaving:

Welcome! :cheers: ;)

Welcome back! :cheers:

Done with trying to tag people lmao.

When did you begin reading asoiaf?

Eh, a while ago, finished the last book recently.

Who are your favorite character(s)?

1. Loras Tyrell (Totally not obvious at all)

2. Tyrion Lannister

3. Jon Snow

4. Tommen Baratheon (I dunno why, I just love the kid)

5. Joffrey Baratheon

Are you an aspiring author? Or is writing more of a side hobby of yours?

Currently unsure.

Edited by Ser Gustav Tyrell

Hey, I joined weeks ago but since I'm still fairly new I decided to post here.

My name is Raquel and I'm from Santiago of Chile, I'm a student of Graphic Design of 21 years old.

I love fantasy and horror the most, both in movies as in books. I also love Japanese culture and cats.

I was late with ASOIAF actually, I started watching GoT last year and I read all the books this year.

My favorite characters are Brienne, Sansa and Petyr at the moment (they tend to change)

Hey, I joined weeks ago but since I'm still fairly new I decided to post here.

My name is Raquel and I'm from Santiago of Chile, I'm a student of Graphic Design of 21 years old.

I love fantasy and horror the most, both in movies as in books. I also love Japanese culture and cats.

I was late with ASOIAF actually, I started watching GoT last year and I read all the books this year.

My favorite characters are Brienne, Sansa and Petyr at the moment (they tend to change)

Welcome Raquel! :cheers:

I've actually been to Chile. My brother and I went to Torres del Paine. Amazing place. I have an album of 50 pictures from there linked in my sig line below. The first photo album that will open is snow/winter pictures, but you should be able to find an album menu that will let you see the Chile pictures.

Edited by honeyed chicken