Introductions

Ran

I know a guy from India that does the same thing :D welcome back :cheers:

I'm recovering. Removed my credit card information from the client, and disabled Steam on startup as well. Had I used the money I've spent on games over the past few years on a new computer instead, I'd have finished all my backlog games by now!

Hi :)

After lurking around the forum for quite some time I finally decided to join the party. ;) I'm a huge fan of both the show and the books. So I thought it'd be nice to exchange with you guys. Some of my favorite characters would be Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Jaime and Margaery.

About me...I'm from Germany and I'm currently studying at University. I also love writing and I consider trying out some RPing. I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll just leave it at that :blush: :rolleyes:

Whazzat? You look away once and here are lots of new people!

Welcome @Starky_malarkey / Naomi!

Great introduction!

Welcome @Rrachel!

Welcome back @Raskolnikov!

Welcome @Zhalia, what are you studying and where?

I am Jon and have been around a bit on the forum where I tried to be one of the Robert's Rebellion wise guys... I am also from Germany and currently re-reading The Fellowship of The Ring (nearly done) and first-time-reading The World of Ice and Fire (will take forever), Dragons of Crumbling Castle (nearly done), A Slip of The Keyboard (just started), Tuf Voyaging (nearly done).

I spend most of my forum time in the threads linked in my signature.

Welcome Raquel! :cheers:

I've actually been to Chile. My brother and I went to Torres del Paine. Amazing place. I have an album of 50 pictures from there linked in my sig line below. The first photo album that will open is snow/winter pictures, but you should be able to find an album menu that will let you see the Chile pictures.

Thanks! And wow, that's great :) I'll be sure to check those pics out... I've never been to Torres del Paine even if that's on my own country haha

After lurking around the forum for quite some time I finally decided to join the party. ;) I'm a huge fan of both the show and the books. So I thought it'd be nice to exchange with you guys. Some of my favorite characters would be Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Jaime and Margaery.

About me...I'm from Germany and I'm currently studying at University. I also love writing and I consider trying out some RPing. I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll just leave it at that :blush: :rolleyes:

Hi Zhalia & welcome to Westeros! :cheers:

You'll find Germany is well represented here - just ask Adara or King Tyrion II who visit here frequently. ;)

Welcome to the boards, newcomers! :cheers: And welcome back.

Willkommen! :cheers:

Or me about board games (Catan, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, Euphrat & Tigris, ...).

Hey!

I didn't know you are a board gamer?!! Me too! Me too! My Settlers and Puerto Rico boxes are sitting on the shelf behind me as I type, and I wish I had Tigris & Euphrates as well - love that game! Carcassone too.

Germans have authored many brilliant games (Reiner Knizia!!).

Another favorite is Tayu - have played that one endlessly with my brother.

Do you know if anyone has designed a good ASOIAF inspired game yet?* I'm aware there's a Westeros variant of Diplomacy available here, and I haven't delved in because the rules are so different and I don't have time to learn anything that complex now. But someday I hope to dive in.

I just looked up and on my browser there's a game being advertised called, "A Game of Thrones LCG: A Roll of the Dice". I suppose I could go to BoardGame Geek and see if anybody liked it.

Edited by honeyed chicken

Have to admit I don't know 7 Wonders, Agricola, Magister Navis or Tayu yet. A bit to catch up. I am working at trying out all known Settlers variations with my kids and friends, progressing slowly. The explorer variants that have the ships load stuff and actually sail across the board are still my favorites and they have become an official supplement. We lately played Die Karawane (camels...) and barbarian assault as befits the time of the season...