Introductions

Ran

Dice? - duh! :blushing:

Should have thought of you right away! <bows to his grace, King Tyrion II>

It's still KT I.

Of course, dice are interesting. Am I mistaken in assuming that dice play a vital role in that LCG?

Have to admit I don't know 7 Wonders, Agricola, Magister Navis or Tayu yet. A bit to catch up. I am working at trying out all known Settlers variations with my kids and friends, progressing slowly. The explorer variants that have the ships load stuff and actually sail across the board are still my favorites and they have become an official supplement. We lately played Die Karawane (camels...) and barbarian assault as befits the time of the season...

You should try Magister Navis. I quite like it.

Come to think of it, "War on Terror" is also quite nice. And hilarious.

1. Loras Tyrell (Totally not obvious at all)

Why, hello, Ser Gustav, my fellow Loras fanatic. A rare breed indeed. (I think we might be the only one's actually :crying: ).

PS @ Zhalia: I'm also German. So yeah, we may take over here soon.

Edited by ambi76

Hey there. Suppose I'll ramble about myself. The name's Jack (or Kettle or Fingerbones.) I'm 17 and only (relatively) recently discovered ASOIAF through the show in April of this year, became completely obsessed with it, and read through the books in about two months over the summer. I am now suffering from severe post-ASOIAF depression and spend my days reading theories on the internet, re-reading chapters (Feast and Dance mixed ATM), and waiting for news of tWoW.

Like most of you I have now grown to resent the show, though it introduced me to this wonderful world. The change that probably annoyed me most was Tyrion's final scene (He loved TYSHA! Not bloody Shae!) and the change will probably end up annoying me most may be the exclusion of the Kingsmoot plot. I love the three Greyjoy brothers. I was a bit confused at first, but after a re-read of their chapters, I grew to love each of them. (Though Euron is one evil dude.) Asha's plot rather irritated me in Season 4 (anti-climatic and hardly realistic), but hopefully they work out something in season 5 that keeps that interesting arc in some shape or form.

My favourite characters are probably Davos (thus my username), Theon, Victarion, Jaime, Littlefinger, Wyman, Tyrion, Jon, Barristan, Stannis .. I love them all really. Though I am a bit of a Dany-hater. Particularly during Dance I grew annoyed at the tedium of her story, and her skewed righteousness. An ending that has her coming up on top would annoy me to no end.

I've lurked around this forum for a while now, but only joined a few days ago in the hope of riding the hype-train started by the recent 12 days of Westeros campaign and the theories of the release of tWoW, only to have it de-railed. Saddened that tWoW is still a far-off hope, but hardened to what being an aSoIaF fan is all about-being disappointed about the books not being released when you want them to be. I'm hoping for a summer of 2015 but that seems more unlikely each time I think about it (which is a lot.) The realistic side of me says 2016 or beyond, but who knows. I'd love a progress update and GRRM had the perfect opportunity to do so in his recently hype train de-railing, but I suppose we'll just have to wait until it's done.

Well, that did turn in to a ramble.. Anyway, I hope we all have many fun times speculating, reminiscing, and hyping together until this bloody series is finished and I can continue on with my life. (Will I even be able to then?)

Edited by Fingerbones

Hey guys (: I'm Zoe, 17 and 18 in 8 days, and have picked a Game of Thrones up as a Christmas present today. I've read the Prologue, and that's it, but I'm hooked. I hope people on here don't get exasperated by us newbies, 'cause I'll really be posting as I read and might not understand everything. So yeah, I hope to get to know everyone and really get into the story!

See ya around :grouphug:

Hi everyone. I've found out about Asoiaf through the tv show last year and have since read all the books. My favorite character is Arya and I really like the Tyrells. I'm from South America so I hope my english is not too bad and I can have a good time in these forums.

By the way Merry Christmas to everybody!

Welcome onboard, @Zoe,

Hey guys (: I'm Zoe, 17 and 18 in 8 days, and have picked a Game of Thrones up as a Christmas present today. I've read the Prologue, and that's it, but I'm hooked. I hope people on here don't get exasperated by us newbies, 'cause I'll really be posting as I read and might not understand everything. So yeah, I hope to get to know everyone and really get into the story!

Be careful as the forum is dark and full of spoilers...

...at least as long as you haven't read all the (so far 5) books!

There are forums for people who are still reading, if you keep to them, you'll be fine :)

Hey there. Suppose I'll ramble about myself. The name's Jack (or Kettle or Fingerbones.) I'm 17 and only (relatively) recently discovered ASOIAF through the show in April of this year, became completely obsessed with it, and read through the books in about two months over the summer. I am now suffering from severe post-ASOIAF depression and spend my days reading theories on the internet, re-reading chapters (Feast and Dance mixed ATM), waiting for news of tWoW, and ASOIAF roleplaying (my new site is http://windsofwinter-rp.hmm.com/, for anyone interested. I'd love to get some dedicated aSoIaF fans from on here involved. It's set after the end of the fifth book.)

Like most of you I have now grown to resent the show, though it introduced me to this wonderful world. The change that probably annoyed me most was Tyrion's final scene (He loved TYSHA! Not bloody Shae!) and the change will probably end up annoying me most may be the exclusion of the Kingsmoot plot. I love the three Greyjoy brothers. I was a bit confused at first, but after a re-read of their chapters, I grew to love each of them. (Though Euron is one evil dude.) Asha's plot rather irritated me in Season 4 (anti-climatic and hardly realistic), but hopefully they work out something in season 5 that keeps that interesting arc in some shape or form.

My favourite characters are probably Davos (thus my username), Theon, Victarion, Jaime, Littlefinger, Wyman, Tyrion, Jon, Barristan, Stannis .. I love them all really. Though I am a bit of a Dany-hater. Particularly during Dance I grew annoyed at the tedium of her story, and her skewed righteousness. An ending that has her coming up on top would annoy me to no end.

I've lurked around this forum for a while now, but only joined a few days ago in the hope of riding the hype-train started by the recent 12 days of Westeros campaign and the theories of the release of tWoW, only to have it de-railed. Saddened that tWoW is still a far-off hope, but hardened to what being an aSoIaF fan is all about-being disappointed about the books not being released when you want them to be. I'm hoping for a summer of 2015 but that seems more unlikely each time I think about it (which is a lot.) The realistic side of me says 2016 or beyond, but who knows. I'd love a progress update and GRRM had the perfect opportunity to do so in his recently hype train de-railing, but I suppose we'll just have to wait until it's done.

Well, that did turn in to a ramble.. Anyway, I hope we all have many fun times speculating, reminiscing, and hyping together until this bloody series is finished and I can continue on with my life. (Will I even be able to then?)

Nice intro.

I've seen you around a bit on the games forum. I hope you're having fun! :cheers:

Welcome Zoe. :)

There's a forum for those who are in the process of reading and there it is safe to read and discuss without getting spoiled - at least if you've reached a certain point in the books.

Even here, you might want to wait till you have finished AGOT before reading the threads: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/50-a-game-of-thrones/

Hi everyone. I've found out about Asoiaf through the tv show last year and have since read all the books. My favorite character is Arya and I really like the Tyrells. I'm from South America so I hope my english is not too bad and I can have a good time in these forums.

By the way Merry Christmas to everybody!

Hey, welcome!! :cheers:

Rrachel is from Chile and she just joined recently. Post #3187, http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/37123-introductions/page-160

Merry Christmass all. Lurked the forum for a while and I decided to join. Hope I'll have fun here :)

Welcome Drekinn! :cheers:

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas!