Introductions

Ran

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome messages! Until I've gotten about 2/3 of the way through aGoT I might just stick around the Miscellaneous section, then there's no chances of anything being spoiled for me. But I will eventually appear on the plot-related stuff!

Hey. My name is Philip (From University of Southern Denmark) and I'm currently writing an exam about fan culture in online forums as I try to investigate the why you choose to be online here at westeros.

I have been watching for quite a while and then I decided to sign up to gather more information.

I hope you all will guide me through this :)

I would like if anyone could introduce me to this forum as I plan to use it for my exam.

Best regards.

This is written with the permission of the owners of this website.

Edited by Håkon

Of course we will introduce you!!! That's the point of this thread, you have come to the right place sir! :smug:

I'm Cora, it most certainly is a pleasure to meet a fellow fan. Now do you only watch the show? Or are you a fan of the book series as well?

If you have any questions about how the forum works we have an area just for helping you learn your way about....

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/3-help/

besides that, there are tons of people here to assist you :)

Please have fun and enjoy yourself, & don't be a stranger :D

Edited by Pizza Warden Athena

Thanks a lot!

I have not read the books yet, but I guess I should? :D

How about spoiler alert?

I will do my best to avoid being a stranger ;)

Velkommen Håkon!

There are entire sections for the books and for the show. The books are just fabulous and some 25 times as complex as the show, many more secret plots going around, featuring > 1000 named characters and among them some 35 viewpoint characters. They are among the very best of literature, and very enjoyable to read.

I would prefer to avoid spoilers, but it sounds great with the divided in seperate sections :D

I will probably start reading the books when I have finished my exams this semester.

I don't know about favourite character or house tbh. I am considering watching the series one more time as I was not aware of all of the details after season 2.

Is there a part of the forum I should visit first?

Hey. My name is Philip and I'm looking for some fun after watching the first four seasons of the series. I am new to forums like this one, but I hope you all will guide my through this :)

I would like if anyone could introduce me to this forum as I plan to be here for quite a while. Best regards :D

Welcome to the boards! :cheers: