Introductions

Ran

Hey. My name is Philip and I'm looking for some fun after watching the first four seasons of the series. I am new to forums like this one, but I hope you all will guide my through this :)

I would like if anyone could introduce me to this forum as I plan to be here for quite a while. Best regards :D

A Nordmann!! Du maa bli Norsk da?

I'm not going to try typing in Norwegian any more - my keyboard doesn't know how to do those 3 extra letters and my Norsk is nesten ikke lenger. Forsvinit (sp?).

Anyway

Velkommen til Westeros du!! :cheers:

I'm American, but my mother var fodt i Trondheim. She came here to be housekeeper for Trygve Lie. So we kept ties with Norway and I grew up ion gjetost & Kong Haakon chocolates. :) Not to mention romme grot and codfish caviar in a tube.

Thanks a lot!

I have not read the books yet, but I guess I should? :D

How about spoiler alert?

I will do my best to avoid being a stranger ;)

Yes, you definitely should avoid any of the book forums till you've read them. I can't even recommend my beloved games forum till you've done that. We have many, many games that we play but almost all of them involve the books and you'd be getting spoilers often.

The books are quite different than the show and much better, in my opinion.

So I hope you are able to read them soon and enjoy them.

Feel free to pm me anytime!

@honeyed chicken: put a text file on your computer desktop or personal usb stick and paste these into it:

norske særtegn: æ ø å Æ Ø Å é É ò Ò ... svenska/finsk/deutsch: ä ö ü Ä Ö Ü ß à À ... gamalnorsk/islendsk: á Á é É í Í ó Ó ú Ú ð Ð þ Þ ;)

Then copy and paste them back in times of need.

@honeyed chicken: put a text file on your computer desktop or personal usb stick and paste these into it:

norske særtegn: æ ø å Æ Ø Å é É ò Ò ... svenska/finsk/deutsch: ä ö ü Ä Ö Ü ß à À ... gamalnorsk/islendsk: á Á é É í Í ó Ó ú Ú ð Ð þ Þ ;)

Then copy and paste them back in times of need.

Cool!

Thanks!

Hey everyone, my name is Kris! I'm 30, I live in Maine and yeah...I'm into GOT. I really wish all of my favorite characters would stop dying though...

Oh and I refuse to read any of the books that go beyond the TV show..am I a bad person? I just don't want any spoilers haha

I usually can be found on twitter & various video game or pro wrestling websites.

I came here to sell off some of my HBOGo spots, decided to stay for the conversation :) Can't wait to meet you all!

Awesome with the feedback guys!

Actually I'm danish but the languages are very similar. I will do my best to avoid the spoilers for now - have to read the books first.

Can I go into other parts of the forum without getting hints or spoilers? :)

How come you people decided to join the forum instead of others? I had a hard time choosing :)

Hey everyone, my name is Kris! I'm 30, I live in Maine and yeah...I'm into GOT. I really wish all of my favorite characters would stop dying though...

Oh and I refuse to read any of the books that go beyond the TV show..am I a bad person? I just don't want any spoilers haha

I usually can be found on twitter & various video game or pro wrestling websites.

I came here to sell off some of my HBOGo spots, decided to stay for the conversation :) Can't wait to meet you all!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Welcome! :cheers:

Nice to have another New Englander around. I'm from VT.

Ive been reading a lot of the forums lately, I've read all the books (beginning after watching Ned Stark's death on the show), and am a huge fan! I loved TWOIAF and it only made me want to dig as deep as possible into this wonderful world GRRM has created! Thanks for allowing me to join the group! I hope to serve the realm well!

Ive been reading a lot of the forums lately, I've read all the books (beginning after watching Ned Stark's death on the show), and am a huge fan! I loved TWOIAF and it only made me want to dig as deep as possible into this wonderful world GRRM has created! Thanks for allowing me to join the group! I hope to serve the realm well!

Welcome!! :cheers:

I'm glad you've read the books - we're seeing a number of new friends who have not read any of it yet. We always have to warn them there will be spoilers. For you that's not necessary and we can talk about the books straight away - that's what westeros is all about, imho. I won't say more here since that might spoil things for a new member looking to say hi.

I look forward to seeing you around - and if you like word games and other kinds of games, be sure to check out forum games - that's where you'll find me. :)

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/18-forum-games/

Welcome Håkon, FeedMeToys and Vermithrax Blackfyre!

That's funny, I'm the other way around. I know at some point the show will overtake the books, but as far as I'm concerned the books are the source material, so I don't want to watch HBO's interpretation of whatever scant outline George Martin has provided them until I've read The Winds of Winter. Which is actually easy for me given I don't have access to Sky Atlantic anyway and have only watched the first two seasons on DVD.

Welcome FeedMeToys and Vermithrax (Dragonslayer's dragon - eh?) Blackfyre!

That's funny, I'm the other way around. I know at some point the show will overtake the books, but as far as I'm concerned the books are the source material, so I don't want to watch HBO's interpretation of whatever scant outline George Martin has provided them until I've read The Winds of Winter. Which is actually easy for me given I don't have access to Sky Atlantic anyway and have only watched the first two seasons on DVD.

Exactly the same here.

Hey all! I suppose I'm ready to say hello. I'm Mike. 31, from glorious New Jersey, USA. Lurked for a while. Finally joined the conversation and wanted to say HEY! I'm really only a mobile user...so I'm not really sure if I'm getting in on all the forum has to offer.

Hello Mike, Welcome!! :cheers:

A New Jerseyite, eh? Are you from GRRM's part of the state?

Ever seen the Smithereens in concert? Springsteen or Southside Johnny? Those are guys I grew up seeing as a mere 20 something. :D

As a heads up to all who are spamily, or have ever spammed or will ever spam, the 2015 Spamsmoot thread has officially kicked off and nominations for 2015 Spamperial court are pouring in. http://asoiaf.wester...-spammoot-2015/