Introductions

Ran

Hey all! I suppose I'm ready to say hello. I'm Mike. 31, from glorious New Jersey, USA. Lurked for a while. Finally joined the conversation and wanted to say HEY! I'm really only a mobile user...so I'm not really sure if I'm getting in on all the forum has to offer.

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! I'm pretty sure you can access everything on the forum from a mobile. Since you asked I'd just say be careful about accidental double posting, which I guess must be easier to do from a mobile than from a laptop. ;) Anyway hope you enjoy it here! :cheers:

As a heads up to all who are spamily, or have ever spammed or will ever spam, the 2015 Spamsmoot thread has officially kicked off and nominations for 2015 Spamperial court are pouring in. http://asoiaf.wester...-spammoot-2015/

Thanks for the heads up HC!

I just found this thread and thought I would say "Hey"! I am pretty new to the forum and have posted a couple times but did not know that I could formally introduce myself. I love the book series and am anxiously waiting for the next book just like everybody else...I live in California, was in the Navy for 14 years, and now that I am a hippy college student bum, I have time to lurk around on this forum and see all the awesome ideas people have put into theories. Maybe one of these days I can come up with a viable theory, but it seems like a lot of work and I am kind of a bum so...probably not haha. Anyway, so Hi everybody!

I just found this thread and thought I would say "Hey"! I am pretty new to the forum and have posted a couple times but did not know that I could formally introduce myself. I love the book series and am anxiously waiting for the next book just like everybody else...I live in California, was in the Navy for 14 years, and now that I am a hippy college student bum, I have time to lurk around on this forum and see all the awesome ideas people have put into theories. Maybe one of these days I can come up with a viable theory, but it seems like a lot of work and I am kind of a bum so...probably not haha. Anyway, so Hi everybody!

Welcome, Lady Ginger!

I've only spotted one (pretty small) thing myself in the books, although I'm pretty certain everyone who's read the books will have come to the same conclusion as me. Besides that I try to avoid all discussions speculating on different theories, as I'd much rather be blown away by something I didn't see coming reading GRRM's own words than have the surprise spoiled for me on here by someone correctly guessing what might happen.

Edited by Eddard Stark is online

Welcome to Westeros Lady Ginger. :cheers:

It seems to me that after 14 years of the Navy you can pretty much do what you want (within your budget, o.c. :P ).

Greetings meatbags of Westeros, I am looking forward to finding out how the game of thrones ends.

Meatbags?!

So that's not just a picture, you really are a robot? :P

Welcome to Westeros! :cheers:

Hey everyone, my name is Kris! I'm 30, I live in Maine and yeah...I'm into GOT. I really wish all of my favorite characters would stop dying though...

Oh and I refuse to read any of the books that go beyond the TV show..am I a bad person? I just don't want any spoilers haha

I usually can be found on twitter & various video game or pro wrestling websites.

I came here to sell off some of my HBOGo spots, decided to stay for the conversation :) Can't wait to meet you all!

lol Hey Kris, welcome to the boards, I'm Cora...I hope you enjoy yourself with us. I wish my favorite Characters would stop dying as well lol I'm guessing yours are from the Stark house? :crying:

Who do you like? How long have you been reading the series?

And no, that doesn't make you a bad person !!

Awesome with the feedback guys!

Actually I'm danish but the languages are very similar. I will do my best to avoid the spoilers for now - have to read the books first.

Can I go into other parts of the forum without getting hints or spoilers? :)

How come you people decided to join the forum instead of others? I had a hard time choosing :)

In the miscellaneous thread....sticking around there, where the nearly everything and anything is discussioned

Ive been reading a lot of the forums lately, I've read all the books (beginning after watching Ned Stark's death on the show), and am a huge fan! I loved TWOIAF and it only made me want to dig as deep as possible into this wonderful world GRRM has created! Thanks for allowing me to join the group! I hope to serve the realm well!

Hey, I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself! Who is your favorite house?

Hey all! I suppose I'm ready to say hello. I'm Mike. 31, from glorious New Jersey, USA. Lurked for a while. Finally joined the conversation and wanted to say HEY! I'm really only a mobile user...so I'm not really sure if I'm getting in on all the forum has to offer.

Hey, I too am on my cell while visiting the forum... there is an option to use the regular website mode on your phone. But as the forums have been a bit wacky it may be best to just in the mobile. Hope you have fun!!

Lol, you're cool. :Lol:

Welcome and enjoy, its always great meeting new people especially other American boarders who just happen to share my timezone xD

This forum can be highly addictive so beware :devil:

@HK-47

Welcome, hope you have fun....

Hope you all venture out and don't be strangers :grouphug:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I do find this place very addictive. And I can see from some of the threads I follow that there are a lot of addicts lol! Seems like some people don't sleep! But it is way more entertaining than facebook for sure. And even though the show is somewhat different from the books, I can't wait for it to come back on so I can get my fix until TWOW comes out (please let it be sometime this year!)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I do find this place very addictive. And I can see from some of the threads I follow that there are a lot of addicts lol! Seems like some people don't sleep! But it is way more entertaining than facebook for sure. And even though the show is somewhat different from the books, I can't wait for it to come back on so I can get my fix until TWOW comes out (please let it be sometime this year!)

I think it's highly doubtful The Winds of Winter will be out this year! I reckon one of the best things you can do to make the wait less painful is to just re-read the whole series. It'll certainly keep you occupied for a long time (It took me 16 months to read the entire series the first time around) and it means when Winds of Winter does come out you won't be all like "Damn, what happened with X last time?". I had initially planned on stalling my re-read for as long as possible, but changed my mind when I remembered about the final installment of the Harry Potter series coming out and I hadn't yet finished my re-read of the previous book, gah!

So yeah, re-read the series, then re-watch the TV shows, that's my plan. :)

I really do need to re-read. I have book marks in aGoT, aFfC, and aDwD. I keep changing my mind on how I want to go about reading them. and then I just don't get back to them. I think for sure Feast and Dance before the show comes back on..even though I think the show will exclude quite a bit of material