Introductions

Ran

Hello you lovely bunch of people! Pretty new to the forum so I thought I'd say Hi!

Originally from the Caribbean, currently residing in The Netherlands

I'm a musician and book wurm, totally fascinated by this forum and its dedication.

Let's rock 'n roll.

Eddard Scissorhands! That's an awesome name. Welcome!

Hi everyone!

My name is Nina, I’m 23 years old and I'm from Germany. Since I really enjoy reading through this forum, I thought that I should register. ;)

I started watching the show about a year ago and loved it so much that I started (and by now finished) reading the books. I still really like the show (and I’m currently re-watching it for the fourth time), but I learned to love the books even more, and can’t wait for TWOW.

So after finishing ADWD, the thing that helped me cope with my frustration of everything being over (for now) was reading fan theories. ;) So I started reading through this forum and grew so fond of it that I thought I should register and take part in the interesting discussions. :)

In my free time, besides reading, I enjoy painting, watching movies and playing video games.

I’m looking forward to contributing to this forum! :)

Hi Nina, welcome to the boards! Wow, you've seen the TV series 4 times. Damn that is good. Have you got them all on DVD? I wish I had the other seasons, I've only got 1-2. I bought my brother season 3 on DVD for Christmas, so hopefully I can watch his copy at some point. :rolleyes:

Hello you lovely bunch of people! Pretty new to the forum so I thought I'd say Hi!

I'm a musician and book wurm, totally fascinated by this forum and its dedication.

Let's rock 'n roll.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

\m/...\m/

You remind me of my Queen's and my court last year. That's great. And musicians are always welcome. I love music, can't do without it.

Hi everyone!

My name is Nina, I’m 23 years old and I'm from Germany. Since I really enjoy reading through this forum, I thought that I should register. ;)

I started watching the show about a year ago and loved it so much that I started (and by now finished) reading the books. I still really like the show (and I’m currently re-watching it for the fourth time), but I learned to love the books even more, and can’t wait for TWOW.

So after finishing ADWD, the thing that helped me cope with my frustration of everything being over (for now) was reading fan theories. ;) So I started reading through this forum and grew so fond of it that I thought I should register and take part in the interesting discussions. :)

In my free time, besides reading, I enjoy painting, watching movies and playing video games.

Willkommen. Nina! :cheers:

Welcome @Merunka is the Fury, @ladyginger, @Valkyrian., @Reuben Stoneheart, @Eddard Scissorhands and @Database/Nina!

Here also from Frankfurt, Germany... is that the South-West? ;)

Cheers! :cheers:

Eddard Scissorhands! That's an awesome name. Welcome!

Thanks! :cheers:

\m/...\m/

You remind me of my Queen's and my court last year. That's great. And musicians are always welcome. I love music, can't do without it.

\m/ :cheers:

Thanks!

Flattered to hear that :blushing: (even though I'm a dude, hahah :rofl: ). And one extra cheer for music indeed!

Flattered to hear that :blushing: (even though I'm a dude, hahah :rofl: ). And one extra cheer for music indeed!

Have a look at my signature, follow the link that says "Spamsmoot 2014". You'll see why I'm reminded of her.

And maybe you'll also want to check out the current thread. It's no. 449.

A bunch of people who are very friendly, kind, welcoming. I found a lot of friends there. Real friends. Not just virtual ones.

We don't discuss politics, feminism or religion there though.

EDith: I'm a straight male.

Edited by King Tyrion I

Have a look at my signature, follow the link that says "Spamsmoot 2014". You'll see why I'm reminded of her.

A bunch of people who are very friendly, kind, welcoming. I found a lot of friends there. Real friends. Not just virtual ones.

Thanks dude, that's a huge compliment! :D

Cool, now I'm curious! I'm gonna check the links out.

I definitely feel very welcomed by you guys too! :cheers:

Edit: And not that it was an issue for any sec, but I'm a straight male too. Still blushing though ;-) :lol:

Edited by Eddard Scissorhands

Thank you all very much for the nice welcomes! :)

Here also from Frankfurt, Germany... is that the South-West? ;)

Yes, that's pretty close to where I currently live, actually. :)

Hi Nina, welcome to the boards! Wow, you've seen the TV series 4 times. Damn that is good. Have you got them all on DVD? I wish I had the other seasons, I've only got 1-2. I bought my brother season 3 on DVD for Christmas, so hopefully I can watch his copy at some point. :rolleyes:

Thanks. ;) Yes, I watch it on Blu-rays - turns out that those were really a worthwhile investment. ;)

Well I watched it once and liked it so much that I started to read the books - then I wanted to re-watch it after that, but couldn't wait, so I basically re-watched it twice while reading the books. And now a forth time after reading the books, because I couldn't wait for the fifth season - I just kind of missed it. ;) But I still notice new things every time I watch an episode - the clever little details in the writing, cuts and cinematography that you don't really catch the first times you watch the show because you are so concentrated on the plot.

Thank you all very much for the nice welcomes! :)

Yes, that's pretty close to where I currently live, actually. :)

Thanks. ;) Yes, I watch it on Blu-rays - turns out that those were really a worthwhile investment. ;)

Well I watched it once and liked it so much that I started to read the books - then I wanted to re-watch it after that, but couldn't wait, so I basically re-watched it twice while reading the books. And now a forth time after reading the books, because I couldn't wait for the fifth season - I just kind of missed it. ;) But I still notice new things every time I watch an episode - the clever little details in the writing, cuts and cinematography that you don't really catch the first times you watch the show because you are so concentrated on the plot.

Yeah the shows are really addictive, aren't they? I recently watched all of Dany's season 3 clips on Youtube and had forgotten quite how addictive and awesome the shows are. I'm planning to re-read the series at some point and I'll rewatch each season at the same time. (Well, 1-2)

Let's rock 'n roll.

Welcome to Westeros Edward! :cheers:

Fellow rock n' roller here (huge Who fan).

If you follow King Tyrion I's link to The Thread That Never Ends (TTTNE) you'll find a group that includes at least one member from the Caribbean (he calls it "the Summer Isles", the map says "Dominican Republic") and a couple from the Netherlands.

We're a friendly group and we love to greet new posters.

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Westeros Nina! :cheers:

Germany is an awesome country and I think you'll be at home and welcome here on Westeros. I hope you like Edward will come to TTTNE and join in the fun. And there's lots of other things to do on forum games where TTTNE is located, so if you like games, you should check that out.

Well put, my friend. Always good to bring new Westerosi over to TTTNE. That's where I went early in my time here and never have regretted it.

Welcome to Westeros Edward! :cheers:

Fellow rock n' roller here (huge Who fan).

If you follow King Tyrion I's link to The Thread That Never Ends (TTTNE) you'll find a group that includes at least one member from the Caribbean (he calls it "the Summer Isles", the map says "Dominican Republic") and a couple from the Netherlands.

We're a friendly group and we love to greet new posters.

Thanks Honeyed Chicken! I Will check it out. The mighty King Tyrion I also refered me to the links. C u all soon there sometime.

:D

I've been here since start of December, but I'll still introduce myself. I am a guy from northern Finland in Europe, who has been lurking here for years. Other than that, I like swimming in 4 ft snow, reading, fishing and running.

Hi Roose is Azor Ahai. Swimming in 4 ft snow!! That sounds like a lot of fun, (and very cold).

Yeah the shows are really addictive, aren't they? I recently watched all of Dany's season 3 clips on Youtube and had forgotten quite how addictive and awesome the shows are. I'm planning to re-read the series at some point and I'll rewatch each season at the same time. (Well, 1-2)

Absolutely! I intent to re-read the books as well, but since I just finished them, I'll still wait and read a few other books in the meantime. But I definitely intent to re-read them before TWOW will be released. ;)

Welcome to Westeros Nina! :cheers:

Germany is an awesome country and I think you'll be at home and welcome here on Westeros. I hope you like Edward will come to TTTNE and join in the fun. And there's lots of other things to do on forum games where TTTNE is located, so if you like games, you should check that out.

Thank you very much! :) And thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check TTNE and the forum games out. :)

I've been here since start of December, but I'll still introduce myself. I am a guy from northern Finland in Europe, who has been lurking here for years. Other than that, I like swimming in 4 ft snow, reading, fishing and running.