Introductions

Ran

Hi all.

I'm Bethany, an American living in Seoul. I discovered ASOIAF around the time ADWD came out and it's been an obsession ever since. I've lurked on the boards for a while, but have mostly stayed away because I have... ahem... time management issues, but I've just finished the first draft of my own novel and in a fit of glorious slacking, I've gone back to live in Westeros for a while, starting another series re-read and rewatching the show a couple of times. Now I've found myself here :) Now the trick will be pulling myself away when it's time to put my nose to the grindstone and start revising.

My favorite characters are:

Sandor

Jorah

Brienne

Syrio

Sansa

Arya

Strong Belwas

I'm a knitter and nearly everything I knit is related to a fandom. I'm currently working on some Drogon-colored socks and mulling over the perfect project to knit along with series 5.

See you around! :)

Just to say "hi", it is nice to be here, you have wonderful forum and lots of interesting topics. :cheers:

Welcome followthearrows and Erin Navan!! :cheers:

You are welcome (as is everybody) to join my March Madness ASOIAF Favorite Character game (already in progress. Sweet Sixteen contests are currently underway (voting ends tomorrow night, Friday, March 27, at 8 pm, USA, eastern). http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/125898-march-madness-favorite-asoiaf-character-one-more-day-for-sweet-sixteen-voting/page-9

Hello! I'm Sarah. I'm in the Philadelphia area. I am a graduate student studying library science, and I hope to work in a public library some day. I had tried a couple times to read AGOT over the years but couldn't quite get into it enough to keep going. I started watching the HBO series last fall. Around that time I adopted two cats, one of whom is an all-white, (and deaf!) male, so naturally I named him Jon Snow. :D His sister is named Minerva. Anyway, I finished Season 4 Episode 10 last week and was blown away, so I gave the books another go and now I'm hooked. I'm really enjoying reading these forums. I love speculation and theories and what not. My hobbies include book blogging, cooking, baking, creative writing, and journalling. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hello! I'm Sarah. I'm in the Philadelphia area. I am a graduate student studying library science, and I hope to work in a public library some day. I had tried a couple times to read AGOT over the years but couldn't quite get into it enough to keep going. I started watching the HBO series last fall. Around that time I adopted two cats, one of whom is an all-white, (and deaf!) male, so naturally I named him Jon Snow. :D His sister is named Minerva. Anyway, I finished Season 4 Episode 10 last week and was blown away, so I gave the books another go and now I'm hooked. I'm really enjoying reading these forums. I love speculation and theories and what not. My hobbies include book blogging, cooking, baking, creative writing, and journalling. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hi! ;)

Hello. I am a n00b who has just finished reading the books and straight away started book 1 again. I found this forum while I was trawling the Internet after finishing A Dance With Dragons looking for some reassurance that Jon isn't dead and gone forever. I've been blown away by all the awesome theories and discussions and hope to contribute in due time myself. My real name is Darren and I'm from Dublin in Ireland. Anyway. Hi all :)

Hello. I am a n00b who has just finished reading the books and straight away started book 1 again. I found this forum while I was trawling the Internet after finishing A Dance With Dragons looking for some reassurance that Jon isn't dead and gone forever. I've been blown away by all the awesome theories and discussions and hope to contribute in due time myself. My real name is Darren and I'm from Dublin in Ireland. Anyway. Hi all :)

Welcome to the board! ;)

Hi there! I'm Gwenfrewi, Gwen for short if you like, and yes that is a fake name. It's my name in the SCA (like medieval re-enactment) and thought it would be perfect for this forum. I would like to keep my real name private for now thanks. I'm a huge fan of Daenerys Targaryen. I'm currently going to college with my end goal being me becoming a high school teacher. I love to read and write. I am rather shy and reserved so I may lurk more than post. Despite that, though, I'm hoping to make some friends around here. If there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to send me a message :)

Hi there! I'm Gwenfrewi, Gwen for short if you like, and yes that is a fake name. It's my name in the SCA (like medieval re-enactment) and thought it would be perfect for this forum. I would like to keep my real name private for now thanks. I'm a huge fan of Daenerys Targaryen. I'm currently going to college with my end goal being me becoming a high school teacher. I love to read and write. I am rather shy and reserved so I may lurk more than post. Despite that, though, I'm hoping to make some friends around here. If there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to send me a message :)

Welcome to Westeros Gwen! :cheers:

There are other SCA folk here & I have an RL friend who was in the SCA, though I've never partaken myself.

And for the shy part? You're in good company. :) And you might enjoy this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/126005-tttne-452-the-spam-ball/page-26

It's called TTTNE = the thread that never ends, also known as "the spam".

I spot Jon Snow in your profile picture, @WinterWench, welcome!

Welcome @DelSnow, and there is of course no such thing as Jojenpaste.
A belief that's hard to kill in spite of the evidence.

Welcome @Gwenfrewi, pray tell, has "Gwenfrewi" a meaning to the name?
Shyness does not come into play on a web forum, I suppose?

Welcome to Westeros! :cheers:

I guess I missed your post earlier. Mrs. Chicken & I live in VT, but our "little" Chickee is at college in Philly.

Hello everyone! I joined this forum a couple years back when I discovered the series, but I am just now using my account! My name is Haleigh and I'm 21. I live in Michigan and I'm in college, studying geology. I heard about the HBO series first, then picked up the books. I'm currently halfway through the 5th one, I just wish I had more time to read. I hate writing about me, but just thought I'd introduce myself :)

I'm currently halfway through the 5th one, I just wish I had more time to read. I hate writing about me, but just thought I'd introduce myself :)

Well done then, and welcome to the forum, @haleigh!

Until finished reading the fifth book, beware of spoilers.