Introductions

Ran

Hello everyone! I joined this forum a couple years back when I discovered the series, but I am just now using my account! My name is Haleigh and I'm 21. I live in Michigan and I'm in college, studying geology. I heard about the HBO series first, then picked up the books. I'm currently halfway through the 5th one, I just wish I had more time to read. I hate writing about me, but just thought I'd introduce myself :)

Welcome! ;)

Welcome to Westeros Gwen! :cheers:

There are other SCA folk here & I have an RL friend who was in the SCA, though I've never partaken myself.

And for the shy part? You're in good company. :) And you might enjoy this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/126005-tttne-452-the-spam-ball/page-26

It's called TTTNE = the thread that never ends, also known as "the spam".

haha yeah I figured I'd find other SCA people here. Especially since the books seem to take place during a more medieval era. And I'm usually just shy at first but after that it's mostly just me being being quiet and introverted lol. I'm quite different when I'm at an SCA event and portraying my celtic character Gwen.

Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking the forum for quite some time but I couldn't make my mind on what username I would choose.

Well, here I am.

I'm 39, I'm from Florence, I first started reading the books more or less when the tv series was announced. By the time the first TV series started I was about to finish reading AGOT for the first time.

Since then, I've read three times the first four novels and two times ADwD.

As everyone else, I can't wait for the next one.

Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking the forum for quite some time but I couldn't make my mind on what username I would choose.

Well, here I am.

I'm 39, I'm from Florence, I first started reading the books more or less when the tv series was announced. By the time the first TV series started I was about to finish reading AGOT for the first time.

As everyone else, I can't wait for the next one.

Welcome! ;)

I'm 39, I'm from Florence, [...]

Welcome @Hoppy Hour, do you do the Lindy Hop?

Whenever I meet someone from Florence/Firence I usually tell a true story: I once knew a girl named Florence, but I met her in Munich (Monaco) ;-)

Checkout my signature, as you have been busier with the books than I have, respect!

Welcome @Hoppy Hour, do you do the Lindy Hop?

Whenever I meet someone from Florence/Firence I usually tell a true story: I once knew a girl named Florence, but I met her in Munich (Monaco) ;-)

Checkout my signature, as you have been busier with the books than I have, respect!

Nice one. :thumbsup:

edit: I don't have a clue about the Lindy Hop though.

Edited by Hoppy Hour

Hi all, I've been lurking the general book forum for awhile but I only just started reading general chatter. I really enjoy the reading the debates in the politics threads so I thought I'd post. I live in the frozen shithole that is Wisconsin. ^_^

Hi peeps, my name is Caroline, and I'm new. I've been lurking around for a while, but I finally decided to join and introduce myself.

I love the show, and because of that I started with the books. I've just started reading A Feast for Crows... Trying to avoid spoilers, but it's so hard! Love the books, probably more than the show.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Take care!