Introductions

Ran

Hi I've already read all the books but I am planning to reread them, plus I wanted to join in before he releases the next book.... haha I think I should have enough time.

lol welcome! hope you have a great time with us!!

who are your favorite characters? which was your favorite book?

have fun! :D

Hey hey-

Name's John, from the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania (hence the moniker). Been a huge fan of GOT since S01E01, and began reading ASOIAF post season 3. Definitely never read anything so fast before. Wrapped up all the books plus the Dunk/Egg and Greens/Blacks short stories a couple months later. I'm on a bunch of other forums, also as Philpenn, concerning art and music. Say whats up if you happen to see me on one of them. Cheers.

Hey John!

With all that reading who do you like; character, house?

How do you like the show?

I wanted to see UnCat so BADLY *still cries about that*

Cool name, lol hope to see you around the boards

Hello everyone!

i started reading ASOIAF around 2005, but i was just a casual reader. But I just started rereading books and now I’m all in :)

I struggle a bit with writing in english, so I hope you are not too strict with grammar here :blushing:

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Thanks for the welcomes all.

Faceless Athena- Favorite house is Florent, simply because I'm a huge fox fan. Favorite characters are Davos, and Casso The King of Seals. I like the show and the books almost the same. Mayhaps due to starting the show before starting the books. Now I'm at the point of just wanting the story be it from either. Character the show left out that I'm most bummed about is probably Strong Belwas.

Also, random question. When I registered, there was a prove you're not a robot question of which house has a lion sigil. I answered Lannister to be safe, but what would have happened had I answered gold, red, or green & yellow checkered?

Faceless Athena- Favorite house is Florent, simply because I'm a huge fox fan. Favorite characters are Davos, and Casso The King of Seals. I like the show and the books almost the same. Mayhaps due to starting the show before starting the books. Now I'm at the point of just wanting the story be it from either. Character the show left out that I'm most bummed about is probably Strong Belwas.

Also, random question. When I registered, there was a prove you're not a robot question of which house has a lion sigil. I answered Lannister to be safe, but what would have happened had I answered gold, red, or green & yellow checkered?

Haha crazy cool choices! I think Davos is pretty awesome too!!

Um... Idk what would have happened? Maybe they would have asked you to try again :idea: idk though. Lol

I hope you stick around and enjoy

your time with us :D

Eta

Jon W. What if I only wait 70-80 seconds ;)

Will it still taste good?

Edited by Faceless Athena

Thanks everyone!

Hey!! welcome to the boards :D where are you from? who are your favorite characters?

oh and don't worry about grammar lol I'm american and my first language is English and I give fuck all about punctuation more than I should :blush:

I’m from Slovenia and I haven't written in English since high school, so it might take me a while to get used to it again :)

And my favorite POVs are Jon and Eddard, but otherwise i'm fascinated with Targaryens :)

I wonder what would happen if someone answered:

House Reyne, House Manning Houses Grandison, Jast, Osgrey, or Parren...

Welcome to the boards!

I hope you'll have a great time here :)

Hello everyone, I just joined.

I am 28/yo female.

My name and avatar are Tron-related but I'm not really sure why. I just kind of picked them and will likely change them in the future. (They are so unrelated to this whole Song of Ice and Fire world but, you know, I am in this forum so I obviously like that.)

I'm a fan of sci-fi and fantasy movies and shows (Firefly, Eureka, X-Files, LOTR) though I have read very little sci-fi and even less fantasy.

So I'm nerdy but not the sexy CosPlay kind of nerdy, just the kind that sits at home and reads and drinks tea alone like a hermit loser.

I'm even too afraid to start going to the local game shop to join in the RPG club there even though I really want to.

I was considering taking up a prison inmate penpal but that seems drastic and probably wouldn't turn out to be as devastatingly romantic as I imagine it would be.

I have never seen the HBO show - Game of Thrones. I have only read A Game of Thrones and the very first part of A Clash of Kings. I have read all of the World of Ice and Fire. It had some spoilers.

Lately I have been feeling really lonely and without friends to connect with. I have only lived in this city where I live now, for 2 and a half years, but I've never been a very outgoing person anyway. I barely had a social life before that.

It's hard for me to make new friends and I think I have trouble maintaining relationships. I really just want people to talk to, a community to be part of. So here I am! Hello! I hope this hasn't been an overshare.

I am 28/yo female.

My name and avatar are Tron-related but I'm not really sure why. I just kind of picked them and will likely change them in the future. (They are so unrelated to this whole Song of Ice and Fire world but, you know, I am in this forum so I obviously like that.)

I'm a fan of sci-fi and fantasy movies and shows (Firefly, Eureka, X-Files, LOTR) though I have read very little sci-fi and even less fantasy.

So I'm nerdy but not the sexy CosPlay kind of nerdy, just the kind that sits at home and reads and drinks tea alone like a hermit loser.

I'm even too afraid to start going to the local game shop to join in the RPG club there even though I really want to.

I was considering taking up a prison inmate penpal but that seems drastic and probably wouldn't turn out to be as devastatingly romantic as I imagine it would be.

I have never seen the HBO show - Game of Thrones. I have only read A Game of Thrones and the very first part of A Clash of Kings. I have read all of the World of Ice and Fire. It had some spoilers.

Lately I have been feeling really lonely and without friends to connect with. I have only lived in this city where I live now, for 2 and a half years, but I've never been a very outgoing person anyway. I barely had a social life before that.

It's hard for me to make new friends and I think I have trouble maintaining relationships. I really just want people to talk to, a community to be part of. So here I am! Hello! I hope this hasn't been an overshare.

Welcome to the boards! ;)

Welcome @Quorra!

Have you read all the books? ...until you've read all of the books, beware of spoilers.

What to say? The internet offers lots of opportunities for shy people. I used the IRC network a lot in the olden days. It is no real-life-worth substitute for a real life though.

Otoh, when you try going out with chat friends, you may like some of them and instantly feel familiar. The effect has been researched, and it is true that chatters trick themselves into familiarity, but does it matter? Real life shy people might use drugs, or alcohol, or going for common high spirit experiences like visiting a fun fair together or go out dancing.

Who's gonna stop you from combining some of them?

Learning to dance is a great way of changing the way you feel about the world around you and to change the view the world has about you. Pick dances where you dance mostly just for your self like the ballet, jazz, Oriental or flamenco dances. Or modern jive or lindy hop, where you would change partners every 3 minutes, so you don't need a relation to take too much care of. And it is good fun for you all the way. In dancing class, when you learn just for yourself, you need not take care about your looks either.

I have some trouble maintaining old and long time ago friendships myself. I have never been a regular holiday postcard/christmas card writer. So I tried to bind the names of important people to calender days 1...28 or so, so a look in the calender makes me at least rethink the matter and remember. And maybe, once in a while, write a letter, or an

email, or make a phone call. It does not work so well as it may look, but it keeps me busy not forgetting and not berating myself for doing even less ;-).

Jon W. What if I only wait 70-80 seconds ;)
Will it still taste good?

It will taste too watery but a little sweeter. After more than 2 minutes the awakening-refreshing traits will fade and the taste of bitterness will fortify in the brewed tea.

Edited by Jon Weirgaryen

I am 28/yo female.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Perhaps you might want to check out TTTNE in Forum Games. It's a part of the board where I for my part found friends. Not only online friends. Real friends.

I was Spam King last year, and this year, I'm Hand. Perhaps...

And if you like, I could drop you my skype handle. I like making new friends and getting to know new people. =o)

Welcome @Quorra!

Learning to dance is a great way of changing the way you feel about the world around you and to change the view the world has about you.

Thanks for the advice and the welcome! I'll be careful of spoilers. It has been so difficult to avoid them. I can count about 5 big events that I haven't read in the books, but I'm almost positive I know about already. Such a let down. But what can I expect when I'm behind the trend!

It's funny you mention dancing because I take a weekly dance class but somehow it's not conducive to friend-making for me, for some reason. I smile and make some small talk in there but, yeah. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome!

I am 28/yo female.

Hey new face!

I'm Cora, lol nothing is wrong with sharing !! Its great!

So who are your favorite characters so far?

Favorite house?

And there are loads if us on the forum so I bet you'll find someone to talk to!

I'll even talk lol

Tron us great, though I have only seen Legacy. Very few of the first movie....

Changing your name is always fun lol

I hope you find a name you like!

PS if you're feeling chatting (whenever that is) come to IRC

:)

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/ircChat/

Jon W. I need to try this tea :idea:

So who are your favorite characters so far?

Favorite house?

Tron us great, though I have only seen Legacy. Very few of the first movie....

I honestly can't recall much of the first movie but Legacy, on the other hand, was visually amazing.

I think it would be difficult to choose a fave character now, what about you?

I enjoy Tyrion's chapters for the clever dialogue, Daenerys's plot fascinates me, Arya is so extremelly endearing, and I enjoy the dynamics of all the characters at the Wall - their unique perspective of all events to the south.

I'm most impressed with the complexity of each character - each person is treated with a certain pity for their faults.

Although, I was so frustrated at times with Catelyn and with Ned!

It's the same with choosing a favorite house. I would not enjoy any one of them as much if they didn't have the others to contrast with.

Edited by Quorra

Thanks, King Tyrion I! l'll check out the game. I've never skyped before. I'll have to warm up to that idea.

You're welcome. =o)

That's a thread actually. "The Thread That Never Ends". We currently have No. 453.

And Skyping can be fun indeed.

"Tron" - the old movie - is quite awesome. Loved it.

<waves to Cora> =o)

Guess, we both need to taste that tea Jon mentioned.

I honestly can't recall much of the first movie but Legacy, on the other hand, was visually amazing.

I think it would be difficult to choose a fave character now, what about you?

I enjoy Tyrion's chapters for the clever dialogue, Daenerys's plot fascinates me, Arya is so extremelly endearing, and I enjoy the dynamics of all the characters at the Wall - their unique perspective of all events to the south.

I'm most impressed with the complexity of each character - each person is treated with a certain pity for their faults.

Although, I was so frustrated at times with Catelyn and with Ned!

It's the same with choosing a favorite house. I would not enjoy any one of them as much if they didn't have the others to contrast with.

My favorite? um......lol

Dunk, Arya, Tyrion, Mya Stone, and Visenya

(I know there are other's but these come first for me)

Cat, blech I hate that bitch almost as much as I hate her sister :stillsick:

Ned :crying: poor stupid honorable Ned!

lol hope you enjoy the boards!!

You're welcome. =o)

That's a thread actually. "The Thread That Never Ends". We currently have No. 453.

And Skyping can be fun indeed.

"Tron" - the old movie - is quite awesome. Loved it.

<waves to Cora> =o)

Guess, we both need to taste that tea Jon mentioned.

Hey! *waves to her king*

Yes, we must try this tea!

This forum has been a godsend for me after realizing GRRM is going to torture my soul forever w the release of WoW... I am a husband, father, Air Force veteran (4 yrs), sports enthusiast, avid reader and believe R+L=J. I fully support the Others as the good guys, at least not purely evil. And above all else DESPISE Daenerys Targaryen a thousand times over!

Ha! This soul torturing is clearly a sweeping epidemic on a grand scale!

Oh, whatyou say about Dany! I can't wait to find out why! No Spoilers! I just started a Clash of Kings!

Welcome from one newcomer to another!