Introductions

Ran

Welcome @sk.strider / Simeon!

I have been doing Aikido for more than a year now and I really love it. [...]

I don't know if there is anyone else like that around here, but I get really excited about characters/stories that have some mysterious pre-history that is unveiled in the course of events. In ASOIAF, I would say such one is Varamyr.

Yay for Aikido, have been doing it for seven years as a child. What a great way of training.

Check this question out.

I haven't posted here for a while - I have been remiss.

So let's make up for that. . .

Welcome! There are spoilers everywhere so be careful. I am 3/4's of the way through A Clash of Kings and I stick to the non-ASOIAF forums for the most part. This is a very friendly and intelligent community here, I have learned. I've never seen the show. I love Dany's story in the first books, it's one of my favorite story lines. I think you'll continue to like her as her story progresses, too.

I think I have already welcomed you, but reading that you're still in your first time through ACOK made me so jealous I had to respond.

I just finished rereading ACOK (for maybe the fifth time? I'm losing track) and that one grows on me every time. ASOS is a tour de force - you have that to look forward to on first read, but I don't enjoy it as much on reread as I do some of the others. The final two books (AFFC and ADWD) are . . . not sure how to describe them. Words like "complicated' and "dark" come to mind - but those could apply to the entire series thus far. I guess it's best I don't say more - let you find out yourself. I will say this: I doubt you'll be disappointed and you will be begging for more (as we all are: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/123365-bumping-for-twow-v3/).

So I've been posting here and there for about six months, and lurking for years. I figured I'd use this thread to formally introduce myself.

My name's Ryan. I'm an American living with my Czech fiance in Massachusetts. I love reading and writing, especially fantasy and horror. I recently left a few message boards that I'd been posting on for years, and I've been looking for something to fill the void. Since I've had an ASoIaF addiction for about a decade, this seemed like a nice place to post. I look forward to getting to know you all and being a part of the community :)

Welcome to Westeros, Ryan!! :cheers:

Always nice to have another New Englander on board. I'm a Vermonter. Are you a Red Sox fan as well?

Hi, I am Simeon, 21, from Bulgaria :) Currently living in Glasgow and studying English Language at the University of Glasgow. I have been doing Aikido for more than a year now and I really love it. Other things I enjoy include A Song of Ice and Fire, reading, horror and drama films, certain TV shows and having walks with friends :)

I don't know if there is anyone else like that around here, but I get really excited about characters/stories that have some mysterious pre-history that is unveiled in the course of events. In ASOIAF, I would say such one is Varamyr.

Anyway, I registered here with the hope to find like-minded people. Let's see what happens :)

Welcome to Westeros, Simeon!! :cheers:

You are the second Bulgarian that I know here. The other one is our current king of the spam court.

Edited by honeyed chicken

Hi, I am Simeon, 21, from Bulgaria :) Currently living in Glasgow and studying English Language at the University of Glasgow. I have been doing Aikido for more than a year now and I really love it. Other things I enjoy include A Song of Ice and Fire, reading, horror and drama films, certain TV shows and having walks with friends :)

Anyway, I registered here with the hope to find like-minded people. Let's see what happens :)

Zdravei i dobre do6ul. ;) Za jalost nqma kak da ti go napi6a na kirilica, za6toto foruma ne q poddurja. :)

Welcome to Westeros, Simeon!! :cheers:

You are the second Bulgarian that I know here. The other one is our current king of the spam court.

Oh, I think there should be about 10 of us by now. A couple of years ago I went through a Bilingual readers thread and I found a bunch of Bulgarians. I don't know how many of us are active though.

Welcome all!

Or have I been gone so long this time that I must be bludgeoned with a rolled up newspaper all over again?

Not sure, so I'll ask that you kindly show yourselves around while I search for a suitable periodical with which to flog myself.

Enjoy your stay here...

Hello folks! I'm Scythia. My friends call me Thia, but Scy our Scyth will work too. Off the forums I'm a mother of one, a student, and a librarian, and for fun I read, swim, and hike.

This community seems like a nice and intelligent one to settle into. I've been hooked on reading some of the fan theories here, and a few have really got me thinking and inspired to figure out some theories of my own.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community better and to finally have the opportunity to talk to people who are as into ASOIAF as I am. But if we can avoid whacking me on the nose with a newspaper, that would be great :3