Introductions

Ran

Hello folks! I'm Scythia. My friends call me Thia, but Scy our Scyth will work too. Off the forums I'm a mother of one, a student, and a librarian, and for fun I read, swim, and hike.

This community seems like a nice and intelligent one to settle into. I've been hooked on reading some of the fan theories here, and a few have really got me thinking and inspired to figure out some theories of my own.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community better and to finally have the opportunity to talk to people who are as into ASOIAF as I am. But if we can avoid whacking me on the nose with a newspaper, that would be great :3

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Who's your favorite character? What's your favorite House?

Hello all,

You can call me the First Spear of Dorne or FSD for short. I discovered ASOIAF in college and have been hooked ever since. I have lurked here for awhile making sure I am caught up on most of the current theories crackpot or otherwise. Working on my 4th reread and looking to hopefully be contributing some of my own theories soon. Loving the show as well but the books will always be better. Huge fan of Dorne but I'm sure you already knew that.

Like everyone else I hoping that Winter will come soon because we can only dream of Spring.

Who's your favorite character? What's your favorite House?

Mormont is my favorite house, because hey, stubborn loyal old bears. The Mormonts are just like my own family. But my favorite character is Tyrion by far.

Hello all,

You can call me the First Spear of Dorne or FSD for short. I discovered ASOIAF in college and have been hooked ever since. I have lurked here for awhile making sure I am caught up on most of the current theories crackpot or otherwise. Working on my 4th reread and looking to hopefully be contributing some of my own theories soon. Loving the show as well but the books will always be better. Huge fan of Dorne but I'm sure you already knew that.

Like everyone else I hoping that Winter will come soon because we can only dream of Spring.

Thought I'd say hi as well....

Just joined this board a few days ago after lurking for a couple weeks. I'm almost caught up with GOT TV show after starting to binge a week ago. It's been a wild ride for sure. I'm a big TWD fan and this show was a wonderful filler for my withdrawal. Thinking of starting in on the books too....you guys seem like a friendly bunch too. :)

Thought I'd say hi as well....

Just joined this board a few days ago after lurking for a couple weeks. I'm almost caught up with GOT TV show after starting to binge a week ago. It's been a wild ride for sure. I'm a big TWD fan and this show was a wonderful filler for my withdrawal. Thinking of starting in on the books too....you guys seem like a friendly bunch too. :)

Liking the Lannisters is never a bad thing to do.

Who's your favorite character then?

Hey thanks! Glad to be here...that's a tough one, probably Jaime or Tyrion.

No prob. =o)

My choice is obvious, isn't it?

But I like the whole bunch of 'em, tbh.

Well, we all know my stance! :D

Greetings... to everyone. I'm brand new here. I like to welcome all the newbies as well. I look forward to reading more threads and posting here from time to time. ~Valyria Steele :)

Welcome Valyria!

Greetings... to everyone. I'm brand new here. I like to welcome all the newbies as well. I look forward to reading more threads and posting here from time to time. ~Valyria Steele :)

@ bex: yes, we do. =o) Btw Lady Olenna gave me Jaime v2.0. :smug:

Hey everyone! I've officially been here for a few weeks, but I've been lurking for years.

I'm 26, about to start my third year of my PhD in neuroscience. Hope to go to med school afterwards to become a pediatrician. Right now I work with early intervention programs to provide young children with the therapy they need (speech, OT, PT, etc).

I live in the U.S. but I've also lived in Australia. I've traveled to every continent. Traveling is a huge passion of mine.

I love reading, movies, television, video games, cooking, hiking, biking, swimming, and pilates in my free time.

I have a greyhound and a fluffy black cat.

I've read the ASOIAF series 4 times, working on my fifth reread this summer, hopefully. Will join in on the board discussions once I do so.

My favorite characters are: Dany, Jon, and Arianne.

I'm an open book, so if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me and ask me more questions or talk to me some more :)