Introductions

Ran

Hello all, I am a long time lurker (creeping on threads via the Google). Um, I'm an American social justice warrior feminist type who was drawn to this series because of my intrigue for the show (never saw it), which pulled me into the books. I've become enamored with Sansa and how eerily similar she is to me. My name comes from a woman who was canonized in the Eastern Orthodox church, but left out of the Western Orthodoxy (yet I am an atheist, go figure). Uh, yeah! So, I decided I needed more social interaction online besides Twitter and Facebook, so here I am!

As for a living, well, after a rather unfruitful search... and a bad stint in a dying retail chain, I'm preparing for the LSAT! I also survived a rather bad bout of depression following my university graduation. I am writing a novel and I also run a little blog that looks at popular culture through a feminist lens. Uh, so yeah! Hi! :)

Hello all, I am a long time lurker (creeping on threads via the Google). Um, I'm an American social justice warrior feminist type who was drawn to this series because of my intrigue for the show (never saw it), which pulled me into the books. I've become enamored with Sansa and how eerily similar she is to me. My name comes from a woman who was canonized in the Eastern Orthodox church, but left out of the Western Orthodoxy (yet I am an atheist, go figure). Uh, yeah! So, I decided I needed more social interaction online besides Twitter and Facebook, so here I am!

As for a living, well, after a rather unfruitful search... and a bad stint in a dying retail chain, I'm preparing for the LSAT! I also survived a rather bad bout of depression following my university graduation. I am writing a novel and I also run a little blog that looks at popular culture through a feminist lens. Uh, so yeah! Hi! :)

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

What's LSAT?

Hi, I'm Kris,

Long time lurker, mainly as I usually find the answers to my questions I'm looking for here or someone has already raised any points I wished to discuss so didn't see the need, but finally found something I wanted to post about and ask, so figured I'd come introduce myself here first.

I'm more of a book person than a TV person, in general when there's both anyway. I've read through ASOIAF twice but only since the TV show, I started watching season 1 and got a few episodes in, realised I was enjoying it so figured I'd read the books first before I got too much of the show in my head (I like to read first so my imagination can do it's job and I'm not seeing characters as the actor and places as the sets). I read all the books and ADWD when it came out then continued watching from there on out. I'd say I enjoy the book story much more and grudgingly still watch the show, partly as I still enjoy it somewhat and partly because I feel I'll need to, I know I can't avoid it forever and I'd rather be spoiled by it than Facebook or gossip. Also contrary to that, partly out of curiosity, I'd feel I was missing out hehe. I'm only explaining this here so you get a feel for where my needle pointer stops.

After discovering these forums and the wealth of content, theories and things I'd missed, I had another read through so I could try and spot and see in depth some of this myself, and I'll likely read through again this year or early next before TWOW(I hope anyway) to see if I can find anymore things I've read since or missed in my 2nd.

Anyway cheers for the help and information that I've been to thick or impatient to see :dunce:, this place has opened my eyes to a lot and made the story a lot more rich for me. I hope I can fit in and contribute(though in truth my post count likely won't climb very tall or very quick haha)

See you all around the boards :wideeyed:

Hi, I'm Kris,

Long time lurker, mainly as I usually find the answers to my questions I'm looking for here or someone has already raised any points I wished to discuss so didn't see the need, but finally found something I wanted to post about and ask, so figured I'd come introduce myself here first.

I'm more of a book person than a TV person, in general when there's both anyway. I've read through ASOIAF twice but only since the TV show, I started watching season 1 and got a few episodes in, realised I was enjoying it so figured I'd read the books first before I got too much of the show in my head (I like to read first so my imagination can do it's job and I'm not seeing characters as the actor and places as the sets). I read all the books and ADWD when it came out then continued watching from there on out. I'd say I enjoy the book story much more and grudgingly still watch the show, partly as I still enjoy it somewhat and partly because I feel I'll need to, I know I can't avoid it forever and I'd rather be spoiled by it than Facebook or gossip. Also contrary to that, partly out of curiosity, I'd feel I was missing out hehe. I'm only explaining this here so you get a feel for where my needle pointer stops.

After discovering these forums and the wealth of content, theories and things I'd missed, I had another read through so I could try and spot and see in depth some of this myself, and I'll likely read through again this year or early next before TWOW(I hope anyway) to see if I can find anymore things I've read since or missed in my 2nd.

Anyway cheers for the help and information that I've been to thick or impatient to see :dunce:, this place has opened my eyes to a lot and made the story a lot more rich for me. I hope I can fit in and contribute(though in truth my post count likely won't climb very tall or very quick haha)

See you all around the boards :wideeyed:

Hello, Kris! Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hey guys!

My name's Greg. I'm a musician from Nashville, and I'm obviously here because I'm a big fan of the books and the show. I love the gritty realism and how it's closer to the chaos of real life than most works of fiction. Favorite characters are Tyrion, Eddard, Robb and Jon...so I'm pretty much just waiting for Tyrion to die. :/

I'm into music, classic literature, sitcoms, old videogames, comic books and shonen anime. Nice to meet all of ya!

Hey guys!

My name's Greg. I'm a musician from Nashville, and I'm obviously here because I'm a big fan of the books and the show. I love the gritty realism and how it's closer to the chaos of real life than most works of fiction. Favorite characters are Tyrion, Eddard, Robb and Jon...so I'm pretty much just waiting for Tyrion to die. :/

I'm into music, classic literature, sitcoms, old videogames, comic books and shonen anime. Nice to meet all of ya!

Lol hey! Welcome to the boards :D

I hope Tyrion doesn't die.... well not soon anyway :(

What kind if music do you like? Play?

Favorite house? Favorite quote? ;)

I hope you enjoy yourself! Lol

Hey guys!

Welcome to the boards, Greg! :cheers:

Another Tyrion-fan! Great! =o)

And a fellow musician. That's cool.

Hey y'all. My name's Katie. I'm an amateur singer-songwriter and regular writer. I haven't written anything ASOIAF-related, though. Wait, I lied. I did write a song about Brienne of Tarth that will never see the light of day.

Bet you can't guess who my favorite character is.

Anyway, I'm mostly here because I'm a former book fan who got pulled in and subsequently disappointed by the show. Came for the "Rant and Rave Without Repurcussion" threads, joined for the Still Reading forums. It'll be nice to have people to discuss stuff with as I reread the series.

Edited by MySweetSummerChild

Hey y'all. My name's Katie. I'm an amateur singer-songwriter and regular writer. I haven't written anything ASOIAF-related, though. Wait, I lied. I did write a song about Brienne of Tarth that will never see the light of day.

Bet you can't guess who my favorite character is.

Anyway, I'm mostly here because I'm a former book fan who got pulled in and subsequently disappointed by the show. Came for the "Rant and Rave Without Repurcussion" threads, joined for the Still Reading forums. It'll be nice to have people to discuss stuff with as I reread the series.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

Hi all!! I'm european name's Dome, I like this forum where I discovered interesting plots I never thought about before, and I came to visit just after every episode to see reactions and speculations :), and now it's all over :( so long 10 bloody month before something new will appear (unless big Martin decide finally to drop the book)

I read all 5 Martin's books in february, I'm not a great reader, just read all books of all european big classics, but after few months I tend to forgot everything about a book :(, reading this forum and the wikia it helps me to keep memorizing :P

Welcome @MySweetSummerChild / Katie. I had a lot of fun with Brienne's chapters too :)

I read all 5 Martin's books in february, I'm not a great reader, just read all books of all european big classics, but after few months I tend to forgot everything about a book :(, reading this forum and the wikia it helps me to keep memorizing :P

Welcome @Euron Dollaron / Dome. I'll drop you a badly hidden secret: you can re-read Martin's books. And ASoIaF is great, but some of his earlier works is no worse. And then there are the Dunk & Egg stories...

Hello everyone! I'm Bucket. :) I'm 22, American and so far I've read the first two books, half of AFFC, and watched the whole series. I used to forum a lot in my youth but forums I used to frequent have been down on traffic lately, with most of old guard gone, so I'm looking for a new home! This place looks pretty busy and you all are probably pretty cool seeing as you're all Game of Thrones fans, so can't wait to meet you guys and started posting! :)

Hi all!! I'm european name's Dome, I like this forum where I discovered interesting plots I never thought about before, and I came to visit just after every episode to see reactions and speculations :), and now it's all over :( so long 10 bloody month before something new will appear (unless big Martin decide finally to drop the book)

Hello everyone! I'm Bucket. :) I'm 22, American and so far I've read the first two books, half of AFFC, and watched the whole series. I used to forum a lot in my youth but forums I used to frequent have been down on traffic lately, with most of old guard gone, so I'm looking for a new home! This place looks pretty busy and you all are probably pretty cool seeing as you're all Game of Thrones fans, so can't wait to meet you guys and started posting! :)

Welcome to the boards, newcomers! :cheers:

Jon, will you be in HH on Sunday?