Introductions

Ran

okhai, my true name honestly translates to what my username happens to be, and love that my username includes a house dayne reference. I'm on my fourth-ish re-read, although i've re-read AFFD (the combined versions of AFFC and ADWD) the most.

I've been a lurker for quite some time. you guys honestly have given me many reasons to wtf? :bang: and also many reasons to :bowdown: . I'm from the midwest born and raised. I dislike the importance of uppercase letters and enjoy a lovely glass of redwyne as much as a pint of pbr. cheers!!!

okhai, my true name honestly translates to what my username happens to be, and love that my username includes a house dayne reference. I'm on my fourth-ish re-read, although i've re-read AFFD (the combined versions of AFFC and ADWD) the most.

I've been a lurker for quite some time. you guys honestly have given me many reasons to wtf? :bang: and also many reasons to :bowdown: . I'm from the midwest born and raised. I dislike the importance of uppercase letters and enjoy a lovely glass of redwyne as much as a pint of pbr. cheers!!!

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

PBR is what exactly?

Welcome @Touch of Dawn

and ++ for the combeinded AFfC and ADwD rereads, I am in the wee chapters of my second combined reread myself.

Thanks! Yeah the combined version is so much more satisfying!

Pbr=Pabst Blue Ribbon, originally made in Milwaukee Wisconsin. You either hate it or you love it. :)

Hello, my name is Sharon. I am a loooong time lurker here, and have always enjoyed reading everyone else's thoughts about this fantastic series. So much fun stuff to read here! I thought it may be time to join the conversation, so here I am.

I currently reside in Northern California, however it looks like Texas is in my future. I spend much of my fun-time reading ( fantasy, historical fiction, classics to name a few genres), gaming on my X-Box (Mass Effect, Assassins Creed) and knitting (a much needed stress reliever). I am an animal lover with a dog and two pigs that I really try hard not to spoil...at least over spoil. :p

I'm looking forward to mingling with everyone here!

Hello, my name is Sharon. I am a loooong time lurker here, and have always enjoyed reading everyone else's thoughts about this fantastic series. So much fun stuff to read here! I thought it may be time to join the conversation, so here I am.

I currently reside in Northern California, however it looks like Texas is in my future. I spend much of my fun-time reading ( fantasy, historical fiction, classics to name a few genres), gaming on my X-Box (Mass Effect, Assassins Creed) and knitting (a much needed stress reliever). I am an animal lover with a dog and two pigs that I really try hard not to spoil...at least over spoil. :p

Thanks for the explanation. =o)

Hi everybody I am new to the forum :laugh: ^_^ !! :D I am a huge fan of GoT and as it appears to be also a fan of this site...I already met some very kind people here and i really like the place!!

In my spare time I make videos and i was ''inspired'' from the last season of GoT to make two videos...maybe more will come! I was hoping you guys could see the videos and tell me your opinion about them!! Thanks very much already! Take some minutes to see them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIqj-Vu-Ej8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Wn6PHqBXA

p.s a big Thanks to King Tyrion for the orientation!!

Hi everybody I am new to the forum :laugh: ^_^ !! :D I am a huge fan of GoT and as it appears to be also a fan of this site...I already met some very kind people here and i really like the place!!

In my spare time I make videos and i was ''inspired'' from the last season of GoT to make two videos...maybe more will come! I was hoping you guys could see the videos and tell me your opinion about them!! Thanks very much already! Take some minutes to see them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIqj-Vu-Ej8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Wn6PHqBXA

ευπρόσδεκτος!

Hi everybody. I'm Steve. I'm a hardcore dog rescuer of direwolf looking dogs, Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Wolf Hybrids, etc. I have also been to the infamous Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary but I haven't seen the Westeros Pack yet. I started watching GoT this season to see the direwolves, then got addicted to the story. Now I have all the DVDs and I have started reading the books. I'm also somewhat of an aspiring writer, mostly stories about wolves and sled dogs. My avatar is NOT Ghost. It's Princess Nubia, my Siberian Husky. At 50 pounds she isn't quite direwolf sized but she thinks she is bigger than she is.

Hi everybody. I'm Steve. I'm a hardcore dog rescuer of direwolf looking dogs, Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Wolf Hybrids, etc. I have also been to the infamous Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary but I haven't seen the Westeros Pack yet. I started watching GoT this season to see the direwolves, then got addicted to the story. Now I have all the DVDs and I have started reading the books. I'm also somewhat of an aspiring writer, mostly stories about wolves and sled dogs. My avatar is NOT Ghost. It's Princess Nubia, my Siberian Husky. At 50 pounds she isn't quite direwolf sized but she thinks she is bigger than she is.

Welcome, Steve, to the boards! :cheers:

What a lovely girl. Really.

Lol hey! Welcome to the boards :D

I hope Tyrion doesn't die.... well not soon anyway :(

What kind if music do you like? Play?

Favorite house? Favorite quote? ;)

I hope you enjoy yourself! Lol

My favorite kind of music is rock, roughly circa 1950-1990, pretty much all genres. Favorite artists include The Beatles, Kiss, Jim Steinman, Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Rush and way too many to list. I've played in a variety of different bands in a wide array of genres (hard rock, power pop, new wave, hardcore punk). My main project is a glam rock band called Lipstick. (We put out our first music video a few weeks ago, which you can check out here https://youtu.be/3A363UtiDWU )

My favorite house is probably House Stark, because the morality of the characters are most aligned with my own, but at this point that house has pretty much crumbled to pieces so I don't really have much hope for them making any serious moves. Arya may be destined to do some cool things, but she won't revive the house, and I don't think Bran and Rickon are going to be old enough by the time the series ends to revive the house, so I'm expecting them to die at some point. I'm not sure what my favorite quote is. Tyrion pretty much has all the best lines, so probably something from him.

Also, in response to, King Tyrion I, what kind of music do you do?

Hey y'all. My name's Katie. I'm an amateur singer-songwriter and regular writer. I haven't written anything ASOIAF-related, though. Wait, I lied. I did write a song about Brienne of Tarth that will never see the light of day.

Bet you can't guess who my favorite character is.

Anyway, I'm mostly here because I'm a former book fan who got pulled in and subsequently disappointed by the show. Came for the "Rant and Rave Without Repurcussion" threads, joined for the Still Reading forums. It'll be nice to have people to discuss stuff with as I reread the series.

Welcome to the boards, you'll come to find a lot to talk about in the general asoiaf threads.

Not a fan of the show? Lol no worries, there are a great lot who concur.

I don't really have much time to watch anything, so I've not made time for season five at all. Just heard a lot about how bad it was. Lol

Oh if there are any other shows/movies/books/food (HA!) you're currently watching/reading/eating you'll find a great lot to talk about in the miscellaneous portion of this forum.

Brienne is cool, what was the song about?

Favorite quote?

Enjoy the boards :)

Hi all!! I'm european name's Dome, I like this forum where I discovered interesting plots I never thought about before, and I came to visit just after every episode to see reactions and speculations, and now it's all over so long 10 bloody month before something new will appear (unless big Martin decide finally to drop the book)

I read all 5 Martin's books in february, I'm not a great reader, just read all books of all european big classics, but after few months I tend to forgot everything about a book, reading this forum and the wikia it helps me to keep memorizing

Hey Dome

Ah, all five books in the shortest month of the year? Damn that's impressive.

Though if you aren't retaining it. Maybe you should do a couple of rereads?

I know there is A LOT I've discovered from rereading.

Bran's chapter from the first book for an example! So much went right over my head, and I just shrugged it off.

But I've come to realize, Martin doesn't write anything just to put pen to pad.... He seems to have an agenda... Well unless he's describing food xD aaaah lol sometimes I can't get over how much detail he puts into defining a meal!

Anyway, best of luck to you. Hope you enjoy yourself :)

Oh and who's your favorite character?

Hello everyone! I'm Bucket. I'm 22, American and so far I've read the first two books, half of AFFC, and watched the whole series. I used to forum a lot in my youth but forums I used to frequent have been down on traffic lately, with most of old guard gone, so I'm looking for a new home! This place looks pretty busy and you all are probably pretty cool seeing as you're all Game of Thrones fans, so can't wait to meet you guys and started posting!

What's up Bucket!

Nice to meet you, of course this place is awesome!! Lol so many people to talk to and get to know.

I for one love these boards

....maybe a little too much xD

Haha keep reading! Keep on, they're really great and so addicting once you start. At least imo lol

Oh what's your favorite house?

Have fun dude!

I've been a lurker for quite some time. you guys honestly have given me many reasons to wtf? and also many reasons to . I'm from the midwest born and raised. I dislike the importance of uppercase letters and enjoy a lovely glass of redwyne as much as a pint of pbr. cheers!!!

Lmao! You seem hilarious!

Sweet name, and awesome reference!

Same goes for my username.... (Cora is my name) I have been known to change mine a lot in the past, though I think this one may stay awhile.

Lol LURKER! Well glad you're here and posting! Have a great time and don't be a stranger.

Haha thanks for asking that my king! XD

I currently reside in Northern California, however it looks like Texas is in my future. I spend much of my fun-time reading ( fantasy, historical fiction, classics to name a few genres), gaming on my X-Box (Mass Effect, Assassins Creed) and knitting (a much needed stress reliever). I am an animal lover with a dog and two pigs that I really try hard not to spoil...at least over spoil.

Another LURKER xD

Lol welcome! I too reside in NC

Its okay for the most part. I adore the redwoods and lake tahoe is like my second runaway place here!! LoL

Texas? I've driven through it, though haven't stayed around to check it out.

Haha sweet, great list of hobbies, you'll for in great here xD

Knitting? Ah maybe I need to pick that up!! I just exercise, or draw when I'm stressed out. Bu that sounds like a sweet skill! I love scarfs and beanies!!!

Awww you own pigs? That's awesome! Bathe them in buttermilk by any chance?

I too love animals!

I have a dog, though he's with my other siblings & their parents in Wyoming. I miss him so much!!

Hi everybody I am new to the forum ^_^ !! I am a huge fan of GoT and as it appears to be also a fan of this site...I already met some very kind people here and i really like the place!!

Hey DJ!

Lol sweet videos!!!

Do you mind if I share them in a few GoT Facebook groups I'm in?

You're editing skills are pretty awesome!

What's your favorite GoT quote?

Which book is your favorite?

Welcome Steve!!

Cool to know you were brought to the boards by the love of these awesome creatures!!

Lol you'll learn about a long list of other awesome creatures on the way!

Oh and that's awesome you write! There is a thread called 'boarders writing novels' (or something close to that) in the literature part of miscellaneous.

Check it out if you ever feel inclined and maybe even better your skill. :)

I'm going to talk a wild guess and say you like house Stark.

But you may also be a Clegane fan, no?

My favorite kind of music is rock, roughly circa 1950-1990, pretty much all genres. Favorite artists include The Beatles, Kiss, Jim Steinman, Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Rush and way too many to list. I've played in a variety of different bands in a wide array of genres (hard rock, power pop, new wave, hardcore punk). My main project is a glam rock band called Lipstick. (We put out our first music video a few weeks ago, which you can check out here https://youtu.be/3A363UtiDWU

My favorite house is probably House Stark, because the morality of the characters are most aligned with my own, but at this point that house has pretty much crumbled to pieces so I don't really have much hope for them making any serious moves. Arya may be destined to do some cool things, but she won't revive the house, and I don't think Bran and Rickon are going to be old enough by the time the series ends to revive the house, so I'm expecting them to die at some point. I'm not sure what my favorite quote is. Tyrion pretty much has all the best lines, so probably something from him.

Lol cool taste! You'll probably love the music thread then!

You're songs cool, I'm listening to some classical just because it's late and I had a hell of a day, but from what I can tell it is good. I hope you eventually get on his show :)

I want to ask which you are in the band, however the mystery of it is pretty awesome for now xD

Hope you have fun here!

King, when you're sharing I'd love to hear your tunes too!

I didn't even know you made music.

I'm sorry I've become forgetful :(

Forgive me if I have typos, I'm not proof reading this, however it's one in the morning and I have work in four hours so I doubt I'd catch the errors anyway.

My favorite kind of music is rock, roughly circa 1950-1990, pretty much all genres. Favorite artists include The Beatles, Kiss, Jim Steinman, Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper, Rush and way too many to list. I've played in a variety of different bands in a wide array of genres (hard rock, power pop, new wave, hardcore punk). My main project is a glam rock band called Lipstick. (We put out our first music video a few weeks ago, which you can check out here https://youtu.be/3A363UtiDWU )

I'm singing - I have a decent baritone as people have told me repeatedly. And I also play the trumpet and the flute.

I'm currently looking for a choir - I'm into all kinds of music.

I'm singing - I have a decent baritone as people have told me repeatedly. And I also play the trumpet and the flute.

I'm currently looking for a choir - I'm into all kinds of music.

I actually spent multiple years in various choirs like Cleveland's Contemporary Youth Orchestra and also did some jazz ensemble stuff. I don't know how to play any brass or woodwind instruments, but I can play guitar, bass and piano.

And as far as which member I am in the band...eh sure, let's leave it a mystery for now. ^_-

I actually spent multiple years in various choirs like Cleveland's Contemporary Youth Orchestra and also did some jazz ensemble stuff. I don't know how to play any brass or woodwind instruments, but I can play guitar, bass and piano.

And as far as which member I am in the band...eh sure, let's leave it a mystery for now. ^_-

Okay. =o)

Maybe you'll reveal it or you don't. It's all up to you.

In fact, I like getting to know new people and making friends.