Introductions

Ran

Hello,

New member here. I've been lurking in this forum forum for a while and why I never post or regis? Because everytime I want to someone already had the answers. So please guide me in here. Semar send his regards.

Welcome, Semar, to the boards! :cheers:

Salutations forum beings.

I've been a member for a few years, but was inactive for a while and merely lurking and silently judging for the most part.

(Mostly because I'm bored at work), I finally decided that I should probably introduce myself, stop lurking and start judging less silently.

So hi, I'm Alia. I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.

And by that what I really mean is: I like to pretend I'm witty and I spend way too much time on the internet looking at pictures of cats.

When I get bored of cats (or rather, when I fill my daily quota) I read (everything from ASOIAF to Beat poetry, really), play PC games (I suck at console games. I mean, really suck), and watch a lot of sci-fi things.

Oh, and I'm South African. And female. And no, I do not own a pet lion, contrary to popular stereotypes.

I've been a member for a few years, but was inactive for a while and merely lurking and silently judging for the most part.

(Mostly because I'm bored at work), I finally decided that I should probably introduce myself, stop lurking and start judging less silently.

And by that what I really mean is: I like to pretend I'm witty and I spend way too much time on the internet looking at pictures of cats.

When I get bored of cats (or rather, when I fill my daily quota) I read (everything from ASOIAF to Beat poetry, really), play PC games (I suck at console games. I mean, really suck), and watch a lot of sci-fi things.

Oh, and I'm South African. And female. And no, I do not own a pet lion, contrary to popular stereotypes.

Welcome to the boards! :cheers:

That's a really nice introduction.

Hello!

I thought I should come and say something over here, since I'm still pretty new post-wise, though I did register a while ago...

Still trying to figure my way around all the various different topics and things going on, but would like to become more involved :)

And I obviously picked the wrong moment to do this, as there's no way I'm going to be able to look good after @Alia's post, though I also do not own a pet lion.

Hello!

I thought I should come and say something over here, since I'm still pretty new post-wise, though I did register a while ago...

Still trying to figure my way around all the various different topics and things going on, but would like to become more involved :)

And I obviously picked the wrong moment to do this, as there's no way I'm going to be able to look good after @Alia's post, though I also do not own a pet lion.

Hello!

Welcome both of you!

Hi all,

Normally I'm not into introductions, but what the hell.

I started watching the show a couple of years ago, which took some convincing--I'm normally the last person to watch anything sci-fi or fantasy-related, or to read anything but nonfiction, but GoT eventually sucked me in.

I've been keeping up with each season, with this past season being the first one that I watched while it was happening. Before this past season, a family member started watching it from the beginning, and that's when I started to notice all the great little details that go unnoticed the first read-/watch-through. So, I started reading the books, got even more into it, and now just after the end of season 5, I caught a bit of the R+L=J theory in a random comment somewhere, and that has totally sucked me in.

I'm currently taking a year off of grad school, working three jobs or so, so I haven't had much time to read for fun, but I'm almost finished with the first book...trying to really soak things in as I go and not read quickly, as I normally do. I can't tell if I wanna finish all the books before I get back into grad school or not, because they're such a nice diversion from all the seriousness of stuff like that!

Anyway...that's my story as it relates to this forum!

Hi all,

Normally I'm not into introductions, but what the hell.

I started watching the show a couple of years ago, which took some convincing--I'm normally the last person to watch anything sci-fi or fantasy-related, or to read anything but nonfiction, but GoT eventually sucked me in.

I've been keeping up with each season, with this past season being the first one that I watched while it was happening. Before this past season, a family member started watching it from the beginning, and that's when I started to notice all the great little details that go unnoticed the first read-/watch-through. So, I started reading the books, got even more into it, and now just after the end of season 5, I caught a bit of the R+L=J theory in a random comment somewhere, and that has totally sucked me in.

I'm currently taking a year off of grad school, working three jobs or so, so I haven't had much time to read for fun, but I'm almost finished with the first book...trying to really soak things in as I go and not read quickly, as I normally do. I can't tell if I wanna finish all the books before I get back into grad school or not, because they're such a nice diversion from all the seriousness of stuff like that!

Anyway...that's my story as it relates to this forum!

Hi folks!

Just decided to check out some forums for ASOIF while I'm waiting in vain for Winds of Winter. I'm from the Philippines and although it's a tropical country, we love to say 'Winter is Coming'. Haha! I hope to read more fascinating insights and theories in here. Cheers! 😊😊😊

Holy hell, it only took me about 2 weeks to sign up for this forum.   :blink:

Anywho,  I am new to the GoT world.  I started the series last summer, and just started the books this summer.  Hoping to up my GoT game.

Edited by I'mNotAStark

Hi folks!

Just decided to check out some forums for ASOIF while I'm waiting in vain for Winds of Winter. I'm from the Philippines and although it's a tropical country, we love to say 'Winter is Coming'. Haha! I hope to read more fascinating insights and theories in here. Cheers!

Holy hell, it only took me about 2 weeks to sign up for this forum.   :blink:

Anywho,  I am new to the GoT world.  I started the series last summer, and just started the books this summer.  Hoping to up my GoT game.

Welcome to the boards, you two! :cheers: